Official Event Pokemon Help/Questions thread

Lupin

His reliability is beside the point, all I'm saying is that Pokémon legality is a far simpler matter than using "special expensive hardware". It should take you as little as five minutes to see it by yourself.

Codr's PokéGen combines in one single software every feature (and more) PokéSav has spread in four different softwares. While PokéGen's quality is always consistent, COM has progressively put less and less effort in developing his software: this can be seen in his two latest works, PokéSav HG/SS and PokéSav B/W.

PokéGen's interface is better organized, takes less space on the monitor, and is intuitive; PokéSav's interface is dispersive, full of sub-menus and, at the same time, not properly differentiated areas on the same screen. COM developes his softwares natively in Japanese, and it's up to the good will of international translators to make them available to the larger community; PokéGen default language is English, and supports five other languages, by simply checking a different option in the "Language" drop-down menu. PokéGen is backed by the ProjectPokémon community, and Codr himself is active in answering any question pertaining his software; you can't say the same for PokéSav.

This isn't an exhaustive list, but I think these are more than enough reasons to prefer one software to the other.

His reliability is beside the point, all I'm saying is that Pokémon legality is a far simpler matter than using "special expensive hardware". It should take you as little as five minutes to see it by yourself.

Codr's PokéGen combines in one single software every feature (and more) PokéSav has spread in four different softwares. While PokéGen's quality is always consistent, COM has progressively put less and less effort in developing his software: this can be seen in his two latest works, PokéSav HG/SS and PokéSav B/W.

PokéGen's interface is better organized, takes less space on the monitor, and is intuitive; PokéSav's interface is dispersive, full of sub-menus and, at the same time, not properly differentiated areas on the same screen. COM developes his softwares natively in Japanese, and it's up to the good will of international translators to make them available to the larger community; PokéGen default language is English, and supports five other languages, by simply checking a different option in the "Language" drop-down menu. PokéGen is backed by the ProjectPokémon community, and Codr himself is active in answering any question pertaining his software; you can't say the same for PokéSav.

This isn't an exhaustive list, but I think these are more than enough reasons to prefer one software to the other.

Your reasons are entitled. I thought that Pokesav couldn't do the job right to make the Pokemon legal because the most people have said that if i change any of these settings you will see the difference that it is hacked. But that was only a eye thing. If i modify anything with pokesav most of them think its hacked but if they don't know it they won't see the difference. I hope the Update of legal check exe will come soon. Pokegen is in beta state. Hopefully full funcional. Is there any How to or FAQ for it? :)

Im glad that u cleared me up about these new amazing program!

ok, sorry, but i didnt feel like going through 100's of pages/threads to find the answer, because search was no help. any way heres the thing. When using Grovyle's Mystery gift editor, i can view and create the AR codes just fine. But when i use the codes the event pokemon's OT are not highlighted like with a normal event. is this because of the AR code, MGE, or the WC not having the correct id/sid? because some of the ID's dont match up for some of the event pkmn i have, at least from what serebii says. And i have no way of checking the secret ID of the pokemon to see if its the right one. Anyone know what the problem is? and if this needed to be posted in the Grovyle's MGE thread, please forgive me =)

No, IVs are created randomly on the pokemon's generation.

I guess I should have been more specific, Do the 13th movie event beast trio have A perfect IV set up associated with their PID? I'm assuming the PID is static as they're shiny and have a set nature.

And Since the the 13th movie's Celebi has no set nature, I'm assuming it CAN have a perfect IV spread.

I tried to use one of the Celebi's that unlock Zorua, but the Relocator in White didn't recognise him to transfer. I neglected to add both the Wondercard AND the event pokemon using pokesav however cause I was in a rush and forgot, do both need to be put onto the save at the same time for the Pokemon's Event triggering nature to still happen?

That's the only thing I can think that might have screwed it up, tho I did trade it to my cousin before trying the relocator, would that have affected anything?

I guess I should have been more specific, Do the 13th movie event beast trio have A perfect IV set up associated with their PID? I'm assuming the PID is static as they're shiny and have a set nature.

And Since the the 13th movie's Celebi has no set nature, I'm assuming it CAN have a perfect IV spread.

And I said that IVs are created on generation, as IV calls are independent of (dynamic) PID calls. Whether the pokemon has a static or dynamic PID is irrelevant, you still have to generate a valid IV set in the same domain as any other pokemon would have.

And I said that IVs are created on generation, as IV calls are independent of (dynamic) PID calls. Whether the pokemon has a static or dynamic PID is irrelevant, you still have to generate a valid IV set in the same domain as any other pokemon would have.

So the The Shiny Beast Trio CAN NEVER get a perfect IV spread not matter how many times I SR my game?

They can be flawless, but you are statistically never going to get flawless without RNG. They are as random as a captured wild Pokemon's IVs would be.

When the game generates mystery gift Pokemon, it checks the PID field from the card itself.

PID=0 (unseen, shiny possible) We'll disregard this.

PID=1 (regular Dynamic, no shiny)

PID=/= 0 or 1 => Static

So PID can either be Static or Dynamic.

Static:

Loads the Static PID, (consuming 4 from the RNG seed [normally used for method 1/J/K Pokemon]), and then it takes that same advanced RNG seed to create the IVs.

Dynamic:

Generates a new PID from the Timer and another value (consuming 4 from the RNG seed [normally used for method 1/J/K Pokemon]), and then it takes that advanced RNG seed to create the IVs. As you can see these are two different processes for the creation of PID and IVs, but don't expect the Dynamic PID to be 'random' to change the IVs willy nilly.

Basically you can have any IVs, but a dynamic/static PID. Head over to Smogon to learn what RNG is, it's too complex to explain in this thread.

Okay, I've tried it with both the Celebi English and Celebi Mall Tour/Gamestop version, remembering to use the Wondercards as well as the Pokemon this time, on my Pokemon Pearl. Traded them to my cousin's Platinum and then activated White's relocator, and it's still only recognising 3 pokemon to transfer over, the three dogs.

Can someone help? I really want to activate the SS and B/W events.

This one actually does have that ID number, and we sent it to my SoulSilver and the Time Travel event thing happened... I guess that means it's a problem with White, well that's annoying that I have to wait for someone to fix it, oh well.

At least I know I was using pokesav correctly to use the event files. Eh.

Which means the EUR vers =/= US vers :P

Obviously not.

But PokéTransfer worked when I tried to transfer stuff from my US HeartGold to an European White rom.

They can be flawless, but you are statistically never going to get flawless without RNG. They are as random as a captured wild Pokemon's IVs would be.

Basically you can have any IVs, but a dynamic/static PID. Head over to Smogon to learn what RNG is, it's too complex to explain in this thread.

Thank you kaphotics! Actually, I know how to abuse RNG (thanks to Smogon).

I guess I just misunderstood the meaning of dynamic/staic PIDs. I thought that if an event's poke with a set nature PID was static, then they only only had a certain IV spreads that could be associated with them.

Obviously not.

But PokéTransfer worked when I tried to transfer stuff from my US HeartGold to an European White rom.

Well I don't know about transferring other Pokemon, I just know that the Relocator item won't find my event Celebi, but will find my Legendary Dogs. :/