Official Event Pokemon Help/Questions thread

Lupin

I should stop being nice and just ask.

How do you get WC's transferred to B/W? Any sort of program or patcher?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's this one.. http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?5164-Event-Contribution-Collection&p=100678&viewfull=1#post100678

There's a link to the pokesav for bw in that post..

What pokemon events have no specific PID IV relationship?

Please answer me.

Thank you

This is such a general question.

There's no such thing as an event with set IVs, except for all the JEREMY Pokemon. Otherwise, there's a load of events with set/static PIDs, this goes for all shiny DS events and quite a lot of others. However, there are no other events except JEREMY that have set IVs. Having a static PID does not set the IVs, just the nature, ability and gender. I don't think I'm missing anything there, but i didn't think much about what i could have missed ;)

This is such a general question.

There's no such thing as an event with set IVs, except for all the JEREMY Pokemon. Otherwise, there's a load of events with set/static PIDs, this goes for all shiny DS events and quite a lot of others. However, there are no other events except JEREMY that have set IVs. Having a static PID does not set the IVs, just the nature, ability and gender. I don't think I'm missing anything there, but i didn't think much about what i could have missed ;)

As far as I know (I don't collect) Jeremy was the only static PID from the 3rd gen. Usually the Event Pokemon were Common GBA [un]Restricted, a modified Method 1 generation method in which an initial seed frame 1 method 1 flipped PID is used for the IVPID.

For the ones that are unknown, they are unknown. They may or may not have a relationship, so it is your risk to assume that they don't.

In Gen 4, static PIDs ensured Nature, Ability, and Gender. IVs were never set in generation 4. If the PID was unset, it would be generated with the IVs (Mystery Gift PID).

In Gen 5, there is no longer a IVPID relationship due to IVs being untied from PID for every ingame generation method. PIDs are generated with a simple XOR of an in-game RNG seed. Ability and Natures will restrict the PID generated, in ways we have yet to document.

In conclusion, Unknown GBA types (MAY) not have a relationship [WISH ones]. Gen 5 will not have a relationship.

As far as I know (I don't collect) Jeremy was the only static PID from the 3rd gen. Usually the Event Pokemon were Common GBA [un]Restricted, a modified Method 1 generation method in which an initial seed frame 1 method 1 flipped PID is used for the IVPID.

For the ones that are unknown, they are unknown. They may or may not have a relationship, so it is your risk to assume that they don't.

In Gen 4, static PIDs ensured Nature, Ability, and Gender. IVs were never set in generation 4. If the PID was unset, it would be generated with the IVs (Mystery Gift PID).

In Gen 5, there is no longer a IVPID relationship due to IVs being untied from PID for every ingame generation method. PIDs are generated with a simple XOR of an in-game RNG seed. Ability and Natures will restrict the PID generated, in ways we have yet to document.

In conclusion, Unknown GBA types (MAY) not have a relationship [WISH ones]. Gen 5 will not have a relationship.

Pretty much. The reason JEREMY are fixed IVs is cos they were all the same given out, cos of the way the carts sent to each Toys r us were with the pokes on file. Unknown GBA Type might as well have an unrelated PID/IV, but if there's one it's not known so basically worth dismissing. Not sure what Wish you mean, as PCNY Wish are the only PCNY Wish that actually aren't unknown and PCJP03 wish are CGBAU.

Oh and I forgot about Gen 5, my bad. Sounds like you know more than me on them though ;)

I didn't really want to go through 23 pages of posts so I'm asking now: Was the event Celebi that activated the event with Giovanni released to Aus/USA/Eu as an event wondercard? More specifically Aus but USA and Eu ones work for me too. And... actually, I'll post that in Game Mechanics and Enhancements...

I didn't really want to go through 23 pages of posts so I'm asking now: Was the event Celebi that activated the event with Giovanni released to Aus/USA/Eu as an event wondercard? More specifically Aus but USA and Eu ones work for me too. And... actually, I'll post that in Game Mechanics and Enhancements...

Only Japan has had the event.

Only Japan has had the event.

And I'm guessing either Nintendo aren't releasing the event in English countries or they haven't released a date for it yet...

I'm basing this off the fact that they didn't release a Darkrai or Shamin event for people living in English-speaking countries.

And I'm guessing either Nintendo aren't releasing the event in English countries or they haven't released a date for it yet...

I'm basing this off the fact that they didn't release a Darkrai or Shamin event for people living in English-speaking countries.

http://serebii.net/events/dex/491.shtml <- Darkrai

http://serebii.net/events/dex/492.shtml <- Shaymin

Well, they released it for the whole world to download over Wi-Fi..

I meant that they didn't release it for Diamond and Pearl. Sorry for the misunderstanding/confusion.

You are still quite mistaken.

Ranger Darkrai was released to all Gen IV games in USA and Europe.

And Alamos Darkrai was released ONLY to to Diamond and Pearl, as those were the only games out at the time.

Ranger Shaymin was released to all Gen IV games in USA and Europe.

The TRU Shaymin in the US, and Film11 in Europe (which activated the Gracidea Flower) was released ONLY to Diamond and Pearl, as those were the only games out at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello.

I hope I'm on the good thread.

I have a question about event, but not in regular game.

I would know if there is a possibility to have event from Pokemon Ranger 3. I mean I don't want the .pcd and .pgt card for D/P/Pl/SS/HG, but to unlock the missions in Pokemon Ranger 3.

Do you know if it's possible ?

Hope you'll understand me, I'm french so sorry for my bad english.

Hi all,

After putting pgt/pcd files into my Platinum save via Pokesav and receiving the Pokemon associated with them, I am told by legit.exe that it's hacked (Michina Arceus in this case). Was wondering why this is?

I know this exact question was asked before, and the answer was because it simply hadn't been added to the checker yet. But I assumed seeing as it was back in 2009, this had since been dealt with. Apologies if I'm wrong...

Cheers

Hi all,

After putting the pgt/pcd files into my Platinum save via Pokesav and receiving the Pokemon associated with them, I am told by legit.exe that it's hacked (Michina Arceus in this case). Was wondering why this is?

Cheers

Events have to be manually updated. Also, legit.exe assumes the user isn't an idiot and won't be checking stuff that they already know the legality of.

This gets asked every single time an event comes out and people act like they found something wrong with the program. Nope, it's just that it has to be manually updated for events.

So the lesson? Don't check stuff that you already know the legality of. If you received the Wonder card and got the pokemon legally via mystery gift/delivery guy, you KNOW it's perfectly legal.

Events have to be manually updated. Also, legit.exe assumes the user isn't an idiot and won't be checking stuff that they already know the legality of.

This gets asked every single time an event comes out and people act like they found something wrong with the program. Nope, it's just that it has to be manually updated for events.

So the lesson? Don't check stuff that you already know the legality of. If you received the Wonder card and got the pokemon legally via mystery gift/delivery guy, you KNOW it's perfectly legal.

Thanks for the reply. Clearly you got to it before I edited it to include "I know this exact question was asked before, and the answer was because it simply hadn't been added to the checker yet. But I assumed seeing as it was back in 2009, this had since been dealt with. Apologies if I'm wrong."

As I said before, I only asked because that particular event was quite a while ago now and thought perhaps legal.exe would have been updated in the time since. Furthermore, while I don't necessarily question the legality/integrity of the files I downloaded from this forum, what I DID question was the way in which I used them- perhaps I needed to change something or had otherwise used the files/program incorrectly, thus giving me the 'Hacked' result. I wasn't being critical of the the program in any way. Whatever the case, I fail to see a need to imply that I'm an idiot.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

Hey, I'm new here, but I was wondering if I could get a little help in overcoming an error, please?

I'm trying to download a .pkm file of one of the shiny Crown trio (I already got Raikou at my local EB Games, which as Canada's equivalent of GameStop, is doing this event), I have Python 2.6 and the sendpkm.py file, but whenever I drag the .pkm file onto the sendpkm.py file, I get this error:

Encoding!

Unhandled exception in thread started by <function dnsspoof at 0x021BF5B0>

Traceback <most recent call last>:

File "C:/Pokesav/pokehaxlib.py", line 70, in dnsspoof

s=socket.socket<>; s.connect<<"bash.org",80>>;

File "<string>", line 1, in connect

socket.gaierror: [Errno 11003] getaddrinfo failed

How do I get this to work right? I have an Action Replay DS as a last resort, but I don't want to use it in this case.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Hey everyone.

I'm editing HG/SS events and need to know if any Wonder Cards have the ID no's 1-5?

Like how the HG/SS 10th Anniversary Mew's Wonder Card ID is 53 and the Yellow Forest's is 48.

Thanks to anyone that helps.

EDIT: Actually, is there anywhere that I can actually just look at the WC ID no's of every event pokemon?

Edited by Tsujin