Gaming: Pokémon Gold and Silver Remake?

NewsBot

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if they don't have a battle frontier, then yes. I was going based on Platinum's size. But platinum is full of DP stuff that is not used.

But to be honest knowing Nintendo and Game Freak, we'd probably see separate R/S remakes and R/B remakes for DS before they put all of it in one cart.

Yeah, I don't think anything more than Johto and Kanto is likely in the next game. But data for all four regions in a 2048Mbit cartridge is feasible, I think. Remember, the 1024Mbit Platinum cartridge is filled with lots of trash data.

A game with all four regions would be amazing. But, like SCV said, we'll probably see more remakes before that ever happens. It'll more than likely happen when Pokémon is starting to die out a bit.

Jawsisra, then what 2 games do you suppose they're giving information about? I'm pretty damn sure that they WILL NOT be releasing the 5th Generation already. That's retarded. You gotta think before say things, I mean, Platinum JUST CAME OUT in USA. Also, Nintendo loves milking the industry for money, especially with Pokemon. If they want to continue making money, they're going to give the general audience what they want and what does the general audience that play Pokemon want the most? A G/S remake which makes it more than probable that the 2 new games will MOST LIKELY [i DID NOT say WILL BE] be a G/S remake OR something to do with Johto. The chances are high for a remake ESPECIALLY over the 5th generation

" About 24 hours ago Pokémon Sunday aired in Japan and stated that the next episode, which will air next Sunday (May 10th), will reveal a brand new Pokémon game. Many Pokémon enthusiasts are speculating that it will be the release of a highly anticipated Gold and Silver remake. There are several factors indicating that this could be the remake we have all been waiting for. First, the new Pokémon Movie 12, set to hit theatres in Japan this summer, features all the starter Pokémon of the second generation. Second, this year marks the 10 year anniversary of the 1999 release of Pokémon Gold and Silver in Japan. Furthermore, after the third generation games were released for the GBA, remakes for Pokémon Red and Green were released. Assuming Nintendo wants to stay consistent, it would make sense that they release a remake of the second generation games after having released the fourth generation Pokémon versions. The final indication that this could be a potential remake announcement is the screenshot presented on ProjectPokemon's main site. That picture is a preview for the next week`s Pokémon Sunday episode. There are two balls hanging off the ceiling of the room. One is slightly silver colored while the other is gold which could potentially represent Pokémon Gold and Silver. In conclusion, it would be a big disappointment for the Pokémon community if a GS remake or fifth generation Pokémon game isn`t announced. Other possible announcements could include Pokémon Battle Revolution 2, Pokémon Ranger 3 or even a new spin-off game. Although there is much evidence which leads us to believe that this could indeed be the remake we are waiting for, we will just have to watch next week`s episode of Pokémon Sunday to know what game it will be. " zane1234512345; YouTube.

I completely agree with zane, and also http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/GSDS

Check there for ALOT more information that supports this idea.

You know, if it ends up they plan to make a title with all the current regions in it (Or at least more than two), they should insert a broader and more elaborate story line to help link said regions together into one big 'ol soup or yummy.

You know, if it ends up they plan to make a title with all the current regions in it (Or at least more than two), they should insert a broader and more elaborate story line to help link said regions together into one big 'ol soup or yummy.

Agreed, like if a game like that would to come out, have you travel to the different regions multiply times while still doing the main story that is befor the e4.

well that would be awsome to go to more then one region and it probly be a real long stry line like some thing to do with the main lagendarys of those regions or the teams like rocket galactic and magma and aqua hey it could even release a new team or it might possably be a new shadow pokemon game for the ds (or dsi) that would be cool

but the tradeing limits for that game would stink (because of shadow pokemon)

but i really hope its a remake of g/s/c so they could put the gts in gold and silver like the mobile pokemon center in crystal and there would probly be a gs ball event later you know like the rotom secret key right after platinum was released all i know is if its for the ds or dsi( i have a us ds and jp dsi just in case of region locks) iam geting it right after it comes out !

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

hey it might even have some thing to do with the new event arceus like the shaymin and regigiges in platinum but its still a mystery but like most people i think( and hope) its gold and silver remakes

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

plus it would make celebii able to catch in a new gen game

it's a bad idea in my opinion think about how much a dsi costs and after that you spent 138 dollars on your nds lite. game stop rips people off when it comes to trading things in or return policies and it's hard as hell to get cash back from them, they try everything not to give you cash, thats why i buy and sell all my stuff online.

... I personally think it would be a HORRIBLE idea because this same thing happened when Halo 2 Vista came out...

all the pc players were excited halo 2 was coming to pc, around the same time Microsoft made vista. Microsoft made it vista only so people would buy vista. No one bought the game because very few people wanted to pay money to upgrade to vista then pay more money to buy the game (there's more to it but that is just the basics, like the stupid paying to play online and stuff)

So if what you guys are saying is that Nintendo will make it DSi only, so people will have to pay money to get the DSi, (lose features like Pal Park) then pay more money to buy the game. Then I say that is a horrible idea.

If Nintendo is any better than Microsoft they will learn from the marketing mistake Microsoft did and make it DS, DS Lite and DSi compatible.

i believe it will be dsi exclusive, not that i want it too, i dont even have a dsi. but the thing is is that the dsi just came out and nintendo wants u to buy dsi, so what do they do? they wave a big awesome remake of gs in your face with dsi exclusive features which will tempt you to buy the game and system. even if there are dsi exclusive features it will still work on dsl, it just wont use the exclusive features.

What types of features would require the DSi on a G/S remake? Also, I think you should be able to get 490 Pokémon, because we already know of all of the Pokémon from the 3rd and 4th generations. You could either have to trade from D/P/Pt or something or maybe there could be a new region with all of the Pokémon in it, but that would be strange.

DSi features would probably be like... using the camera to put a picture on your Trainer Card (Unlikely, but yeah.) or using an SD card to store Pokemon.

The features shouldn't be imperative for someone to like the game, though. It shouldn't matter much.

DSi features would probably be like... using the camera to put a picture on your Trainer Card (Unlikely, but yeah.) or using an SD card to store Pokemon.

The features shouldn't be imperative for someone to like the game, though. It shouldn't matter much.

[/end]

So can we stop with this whole "omgzers dsi exclusive" crap?