Gaming: Pokémon Gold and Silver Remake?

NewsBot

As has been said plenty, traveling to all regions will make for a boring game since most of the space will be used for maps.

I can see them fitting both Johto and Kanto in one cartridge, a third, full size, region might be possible. But 4 would not be.

Are you sure? I have seen some games that where 256 MB, and Diamond was only a 64 MB. Whats not to say each region can fit in 64 MB chunks in a 256 MB game. I think it it really possible to fit 3 extra regions, with there own extra sprites, dialog and event scripts in 3 separate 64 MB chunks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure? I have seen some games that where 256 MB, and Diamond was only a 64 MB. Whats not to say each region can fit in 64 MB chunks in a 256 MB game. I think it it really possible to fit 3 extra regions, with there own extra sprites, dialog and event scripts in 3 separate 64 MB chunks

Well, if they don't have a battle frontier, then yes. I was going based on Platinum's size. But platinum is full of DP stuff that is not used.

But to be honest knowing Nintendo and Game Freak, we'd probably see separate R/S remakes and R/B remakes for DS before they put all of it in one cart.

i personally dont want an all region game. i think it would be un appealing and would be a bitch to make. i wouldnt count on it. and even if they dont in the future tere will be rom hacking programs for nds, im sure someone would at least attempt to make an all region game. i dont even see the point in one. id rather have gamefreak make this remake and than continue making other regions. but of course we're all entitled to our opinion.

Edit*

Oh my gosh! =O

/me faints.

I really hope it is.

Damn Straight

if they make the remakes of G/S I want them to make it were it works on a DS but also able to use some of the DSi features like the camera or the storage space useing a flash card. but I do not for see a G/S Remake till after Gen 5 or Gen 6

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Why wouldn't anyone buy the game if it was DSi exclusive? :\ A lot of people have the DSi.

A hyperbole is a very common form of persuasive language.

Put more simply, an exaggeration can be used to prove a point more vividly.

im not, this isnt even my opinion to begin with, we've been finding proof since 2007 for a gold silver remake, i didnt even mention i was right, i said there is way to much proof to dismiss this being anything other than a gold silver remake. my opinion isnt fact and as i said in one of my previous posts, we're all entitled to our opinions.

I do hope a Gold & Silver Remake with a pokeradar that is touchscreen compatible like the poketch and add more applications! but it's possible if they made another game too a Sequel to Pokemon xD and have shadow pokemon now that would be something to expect and add wi-fi to it for battling & trading and hopefully DLC. We already have pokemon battle revolution & 2 pokemon ranger games so they better not screw it up!

im not, this isnt even my opinion to begin with, we've been finding proof since 2007 for a gold silver remake, i didnt even mention i was right, i said there is way to much proof to dismiss this being anything other than a gold silver remake. my opinion isnt fact and as i said in one of my previous posts, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Not proof.

Speculation.

The fact that "Johto" is a possible location for a pokemon could just mean an event is going to be from Johto, not a whole new game.

I really wanna see this I havent play g/s/c in ages and I got bored wih the grpahics.Typhlosion rules :D

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

The wait is too long.

Not to mention the fact I live in Australia and if it comes out it wont be in australia for like ever :(

Not proof.

Speculation.

The fact that "Johto" is a possible location for a pokemon could just mean an event is going to be from Johto, not a whole new game.

but why would they need two locations for that? wouldnt they have just made 1 location that says johto? its true you cant pass it off as proof because we dont know what nintendo has in store for that data, but i would at least consider it a little bit of proof because it seems odd that they would do it just for an event. and even than people found that nintendo had liscensed names such as dusk gold and dawn silver, so there was way to much point making it completely obvious that it was a hint for a remake. but even than we're still not sure if this is going to be that remake. we'll just wait for the next episode of pokemon sunday.

I really wanna see this I havent play g/s/c in ages and I got bored wih the grpahics.Typhlosion rules :D

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

The wait is too long.

Not to mention the fact I live in Australia and if it comes out it wont be in australia for like ever :(

Just get the American version when it comes out, that'll cut the wait in half more than likely.

Waaaah!

I really hope this is true! I love the gold and silver games!

If they make another spin-off game I'd be really depressed, but since there are so many

"evidence" that it will be gold and silver remakes, I highly doubt that it won't be remakes :D