About Dream World Pokémon and High Link Forest

WINSTONPABEE

I suggest developing a way to make changes in the DS software.

Used to cheat the High Link Forest, just as Pokesave same.

As we know, Kanto starters is generated in the Dream World Pokémon with the general approach is the same generation.

In other words, as long as the development of a cheat High Link Forest software, imitation can be more reasonable number of Event Pokémon.

In addition, English is not my native language, is limited.

The high link Pokemon are of course stored in the save file similar to like Mystery Gifts, as they both have a shiny check associated to their generation.

I expect them to be able to be extracted/backed up like .pgf's into some other file type. I expect it to be hard to find, as this file would only have the species, moves, and gender stored in its data as opposed to the many things wondercards have..

I suggest you have sav files before downloading a Pokemon, after downloading, and after catching, and comparing their differences in the save file

They still would'nt be legal since there is no data on the global link that says that the pokémon's OT had access to it a.k.a. nintendo can see that it is an illegal OT. If you plan to hack to use it when that kind of legalness doesn't matter, you might just as well pokésav it. But if you plan to use it in random wi-fi or VGC, it won't pass the legal-test.

wifi doesn't check OT nor does it care whether the person on wifi caught the poke in the past. so long as the poke exists in the DW, it can be used on random wfi. this guy could make any poke that currently could be befriended and it would work fine.

other than that, kaph is right about how they work. someone was working on some kind of data checker or extractor for HL stuff, i think.

They still would'nt be legal since there is no data on the global link that says that the pokémon's OT had access to it a.k.a. nintendo can see that it is an illegal OT.

This would not be checked by anyone.

I expect them to be able to be extracted/backed up like .pgf's into some other file type.

You wouldn't even need a file. It's just a value. One value determines pokemon species, the second value determines a special move.

Bond697 is right. NulMyre has found the values and was able to insert pokemon into his forest on his sav file.

Moving this to the sav forum.

Oh wow, that's actually somewhat of a surprise how it's that simple!

No wonder I couldn't find the move sets when I found the dex reference in the memory, only the special move is stored.

If it helps, here's some of the memory locations regarding what Pokemon appears when you interact with one in high link:

The dex # is located at the following location, with a few pointers in the memory in between spots with a few other values.

02252186: 	0230D59C, 02251FF0, 021D5B6C, 021D8398
02252286: 	0230D5B8, 02251FF0, 021D5B6C, 021D8398
02252386: 	0230D5D4, 02251FF0, 021D5B80, 021D8398
... +100 for each one

This is only displayed as it is when you are in the zone where the respective high link Pokemon are.

Changing the dex # changes what Pokemon appears. 2 byte code at the location.

missingno.png

Dex # 0 = Missingno @ level 1.

Tested slaking, level 36 appears. Agrees with everything else known so far.

Dex # 650 is bad egg @ level 1. Didn't test anything beyond

Hehe, guess it's not always 10+ xD

Hoping something here will help figure out the upper seed for encryption!

• 3 weeks later...
Oh wow, that's actually somewhat of a surprise how it's that simple!

No wonder I couldn't find the move sets when I found the dex reference in the memory, only the special move is stored.

If it helps, here's some of the memory locations regarding what Pokemon appears when you interact with one in high link:

The dex # is located at the following location, with a few pointers in the memory in between spots with a few other values.

02252186: 	0230D59C, 02251FF0, 021D5B6C, 021D8398
02252286: 	0230D5B8, 02251FF0, 021D5B6C, 021D8398
02252386: 	0230D5D4, 02251FF0, 021D5B80, 021D8398
... +100 for each one

This is only displayed as it is when you are in the zone where the respective high link Pokemon are.

Changing the dex # changes what Pokemon appears. 2 byte code at the location.

missingno.png

Dex # 0 = Missingno @ level 1.

Tested slaking, level 36 appears. Agrees with everything else known so far.

Dex # 650 is bad egg @ level 1. Didn't test anything beyond

Hehe, guess it's not always 10+ xD

Hoping something here will help figure out the upper seed for encryption!

Hey, either I'm a moron or I cannot find those addresses in my sav file. (02252186, 02252286, 02252386) Could you post those addresses where I can change pokemon in my high link forest?

Changing those memory locations won't let you retain the Pokemon after you catch it.

It back checks other locations to see if you actually had what you caught available in the forest.

So what should I change in the sav file to make sure that I will cacth the pokemon I want?

He still needs help with researching part of the data.

I know that this is hard. I have a sav file with a lot of pokemon in HL forest. So I caught one, and compared save files. I hoped the difference will be just one bit different, but there were so many differences....

• 4 weeks later...

http://pokesplash.net/projects/highlinkmod.php

I use this tool to inject Pokémon into High Link Forest, it works perfectly, but it has one issue: every Pokémon I generate has always its own predefined moveset; no matter what move is specified at this line of the code:

12FFFFD0 00000xxx

(where xxx is the move's corresponding number), it's always ignored.

Can someone kindly point me out if this is a known issue or if I have it because I've done something wrong while activating the code, and if there is a way to fix it?

http://pokesplash.net/projects/highlinkmod.php

I use this tool to inject Pokémon into High Link Forest, it works perfectly, but it has one issue: every Pokémon I generate has always its own predefined moveset; no matter what move is specified at this line of the code:

12FFFFD0 00000xxx

(where xxx is the move's corresponding number), it's always ignored.

Can someone kindly point me out if this is a known issue or if I have it because I've done something wrong while activating the code, and if there is a way to fix it?

Hmm.... It sees that this code doesn't work for me... both patched and unpatched versions... Do I have to enter other codes for this to work?

Edit: Okay, sorry, I found out what to do: you have to press both L and R. It's because of this part

94000130 FCFF0000

Edited by piotr_mil
my mistake ;)

• 2 weeks later...

When I used that site to generate a tyranitar, I can't seem to retain the pokemon I caught :o

Any solutions to that?

EDIT: I found a way around this,

It's to enter high link, ensure the pokemon is injected, exit and save, then re-enter high link..

I'm now stumped with another issue,

Its that this:

94000130 FCFF0000

12FFFFC0 000001ed

12FFFFC8 00000041

12FFFFD0 0000022d

D0000000 00000000

No matter how the 12FFFFD0 00000XXX value changes,

And how I hold L + R,

I will always receive tackle --.

So I carried on to use the codes without the 12FFFFD0 00000XXX portion,

and Arceus still appeared in the game with tackle.

So perhaps the "12FFFFD0 00000XXX" is supposed to be something else?

Which is why the attacks isn't appearing as it should be?

EDIT 2:

Plus, is it possible to use the site, to encounter >S/N 493 pokemon?

EDIT: It appears that if I set 12FFFFC0 00000xxx to 1ee,

I can meet Victini, just that I can't see its sprite on the map O.o

And with every encounter, the level changes