Quotes Game

Tbird

Hey y'all!

I figured I'd start a new game.

I guess this is really a thread for sharing your favourite pieces of work

The game's as simple as you can get, really. All you have to do is post a quote that links to the previous post via one of the words used (Don't use crappy links such as "the, and, a, I" etcetera), or by making a link with name. So, you can post from the same author as the previous poster if you'd like, or from the same Movie. Again, it has to be a proper word. For example "The Hills Have Eyes", you can quote "Hills" and "Eyes".

The post can be as long or short as you like, a line from a song, to a poem to a paragraph from a speech, hell a cool quote from a film/TV show works too.

To show where the link is made put bold tags around the chosen word. Similarly, cite where the quote's from so if someone's interested they can go and look for more work by that person.

Refrain from swearing. It's not a thread for posting which song has the highest curse count. On that note, thought provoking posts are cool ->:cool:, vulgar posts are teh failz0r -> :mad:

Example:

Post 1] - All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~ Frederic Nietzche

Post 2] - Power is power, the law of the land. Those living for death will die by their own hand. ~ Annihilation- Crucifix

So, without Further Ado;

Free will. It’s like butterfly wings: once touched, they never get off the ground.

~ John Milton, from the Film "The Devils Advocate"

Edited by Tbird

"Oh, what are they going to do when the lights go down

Without you to guide them all to Zion?

What are they going to do when the rivers overrun

Other than tremble incessantly?"

~ Tool - 10,000 Days (Wings For Marie Pt.2)

"We declare our right on this earth...to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary." Malcolm X

"The Prise. Burdened eternally with the responsibility of guarding the Keywork. In their creation God saved them these words:

'If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then Guardians must intervene. But, should I come forth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me... Then I shall return with all the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present that danger will not be told in the coming.'"

keywork_copy.png

~ God's message to the Prise, from the comic "The Amory Wars"

"You speak of knowledge, Judicator? You speak of experience? I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities... Unto my experience, Aldaris, all that you've built here on Aiur is but a fleeting dream. A dream from which your precious Conclave shall awaken, finding themselves drowned in a greater nightmare."

-Zeratul

"That which the dream shows is the shadow of such wisdom as exists in man, even if during his waking state he may know nothing about it.... We do not know it because we are fooling away our time with outward and perishing things, and are asleep in regard to that which is real within ourself."

~Paracelsus, quoted in The Dream Game

"For man had succeeded in destroying the world, but war. War never changes. Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything, from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage."

~ In game narration of "Fallout 3"

Nah, it seems to make sense. The cryptic wording (not so much the meaning) throws me a lot, though.

"Metaphor for a missing moment.

Pull me in to your perfect circle.

One womb,

One shame,

One resolve.

Liberate this will,

To release us all.

Gotta cut away, clear away

Snip away and sever this umbilical residue,

Keeping me from killing you.

And from pulling you down with me here,

I can almost hear you scream."