BW Event - Mystery Egg (Wi-fi Event)

Guested

Starting December 17th, there will be a new wi-fi event for Black and White.

You'll get an egg that will hatch in to one of three pokemon (random).

Evidently there is some connection to the card game and the anime (I'll read the details later).

You can only get one egg per game.

The event runs until January 11th.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2010/11/g101105_01.html?SP-inc=hotnewsbox&__utma=1.1764189720.1284858154.1288874129.1288946853.90&__utmb=1.1.10.1288946853&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1286692642.56.7.utmcsr=cdn.pokemon-gl.com|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/swf/main.swf&__utmv=-&__utmk=63599791

It'll be interesting to look at the data on this one and see how it is randomly determined, or if there are even three separate Wonder Cards here.

Edit:

(details)

Satoshi is gonna get an egg in the anime on Dec 19th, so this event is to tie-in with that... so you can get an egg on your game as well.

And there will also be some kind of Mystery Egg card for the card game.

Edited by Guested
details

I'm fairly certain there will be 3 different cards, all looking the same except for different Pokemon inside the eggs (with different moves ofc). Just by looking at the card it will just display the egg sprite, as cards can give eggs.

Nothing in Pokemon is truly "random", it's only "random enough" at best :)

Distribution will probably be based off of (m)any of the following: OT/ID combination, download time, account name/ID (if thats how you'd get it), and/or IP.

Card hex theory

I'm pretty skeptical that it would be a soft resettable egg. There's an "IsEgg" flag in the gift data, so it would show the sprite of the egg instead of the Pokemon when viewing the card.

There might be trash data, but since nintendo stepped up their game with no trash from 4->5, I doubt there will be any.

Yes, it'll most likely be three separate cards with the same WC ID number.

We've seen nothing to indicate an egg that can generate a random pokemon. As Kaphotics said, you can see what an egg is by looking at the data (any egg, most programs).

• 1 month later...

Serebii got the scoop a couple days ago, and has posted the information about this event in his news update today.

The info can also be found in the event page.

http://serebii.net/events/2010.shtml#japan

The Pokemon are Mamepato, Yanappu, and Kibago. They correspond to the pokemon owned by each of the main characters in the anime, currently. Natures and genders are set, and in something new for Pokemon Events, each one has a specific set stat at a 31 IV.

I sr'd 3 times, got mamepato all three. My id is 10018. Don't know if it makes a difference, but is a possible factor in determine what pokémon you get.
You'll have to find a way to get another save without it getting the Wonder Card, or find a way to modify your save to remove the Card ID. It works as a random Wonder Card (with all 3 being the same Card ID) rather than a Pokemon.

Once acquired, it'll be locked to one Pokemon.

I guess it does depend on the ID. because I have different save files saved before I obtained the event on both B&W. For Black I got all the same Pokemon over and over (on one ID Trying soft reset after getting the egg and obtaining the egg again on MG reloading the save before I got the MG)and still it was "Kibago". I don't know if it makes a difference but It was a female Player. On the other White game Saves I got Yanappu and Mamepato (With different ID's) as Male players btw all same IP/ID name different ID numbers.

I guess it does depend on the ID. because I have different save files saved before I obtained the event on both B&W. For Black I got all the same Pokemon over and over ( on one ID) it was "Kibago", I don't know if it makes a difference but It was a female Player. On the other White game Saves I got Yanappu and Mamepato (With another ID) as Male players btw all same IP/ID name different ID numbers.
I was able to get Kibago, and the other two a couple of other times restoring my save file that had not acquired the Wonder Card. And my Black save is set to Male.

The Card should be random out of the possible three when you acquire it. Once it's obtained from Wi-Fi Connection or DS Download Station, I'm pretty sure it's locked to one of them. :P

Awesome, I got Kibago!

It hatched so fast I thought it would be Mamepato, but it ended up being Kibago.

Kibago has it's Speed stat set to 31.

What stats do Mamepato and Yanappu have set to 31?