Feebas (in D/P), rare?

empoleonmikel

Finding the location (Mt. Coronet underground foggy lake, entrance near Celestic Town) where to catch Feebas is very easy, and catch rate is quite high. But encountering one is very difficult :( due to that, i consider feebas as one of the rarest pokemon in D/P. How about you guys? Have you ever caught feebas with ease? Can anyone share the easiest approach/method in locating the "exact" tile where to throw the fishing rod? :(

349-3.png ==> 350-3.png

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the first method i tried was "random" fishing.. without luck :(

then, i tried the "sweeper" approach, threw the fishing rod 5 times in each adjacent tile as i move... and you are right, patience is the key. i managed to "sweep" about 300 tiles and just gave up :(

Edited by empoleonmikel

OH MAN, Milotic used to be one of my favorite pokemon and found that little ******* every single time. It took me so long going tile by tile. But I wouldn't really call it "rare" There are more pokemon with a 2% pokeradar chance that I would love to get my hands on and strangle way more than feebass. :D

While feebas is tedious to get, you know that eventually you WILL find him. And Lady luck is a fickle mistress as they say.

as damio said ...

by using DSPokeEdit ..

you could know the exact location of feebas (all of the 5 tiles)

and you could even catch it using good rod ^^ .. if you want a prove , then me myself catch it using good rod xD

anwyay if I was asked like that .. then I would say that ..

feebas is a very easy common pokemon to be found and catch xD (by using DSPokeEdit) xD

as damio said ...

by using DSPokeEdit ..

and you could even catch it using good rod ^^ .. if you want a prove , then me myself catch it using good rod xD

feebas is a very easy common pokemon to be found and catch xD (by using DSPokeEdit) xD

But where is DSPokeEdit, and how? <_<

I've never found Feebas yet... they're in four RANDOM tiles in that lake under Mt. Coronet... and it changes EVERY DAY. You'll want to fish it out with an Old Rod or something (any rod will do... really).

as damio said ...

by using DSPokeEdit ..

we all know that almost everything is easy if we will use external utilities. i'm talkin' about the in-game process, free from external interference.

anyway, thanks for sharing, and oh, BTW, i hope that you'll try catching feebas without using PokeEdit :D

@wraith:

yeah, i've seen videos from youtube, any rod will do. it's the location of the exact tiles that's difficult. :(

But where is DSPokeEdit, and how? <_<

i don't know if it's allowed to post the english patched ver. of DSPokeEdit..

alternatively .. search it in google .. there should be japanese and spanish version ^^

we all know that almost everything is easy if we will use external utilities. i'm talkin' about the in-game process, free from external interference.

anyway, thanks for sharing, and oh, BTW, i hope that you'll try catching feebas without using PokeEdit :D

that way .. I will probably never catch it .. not even one xD ...

it is super sucks and will take much of my time to get one =_=

especially if i use good rod .. probably it gonna take years xD XD xD

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen a wild Feebas in D/P/Pt. I'm not patient enough to look through all those tiles.

But on Emerald, I spent a while looking for one. I eventually found a horde of them. Then I accidently dropped my SP and the game froze. Good thing they stay in the same spots for that one day, huh?

^yeah, thanks for re-opening this topic. actually, i am not asking for help or something, i just want others to share their opinion regarding "feebas"... :)

update: almost daily, i am visiting that foggy lake, but no luck in encountering that "muddy" fish. for me, the difficulty in finding feebas is somewhat a real pain in my a**. it's not just surfin' or walkin' around task, throwing the fishing rod (even though I have "y-registered" it) is not a joke. :(

I think I'll have to migrate Milotic from Ruby/Sapphire. It's just so hard finding anything in the lake. And Floot... you seem to hate like almost every Hoenn Pokes? Is it because Feebas is a bootlegged Magikarp? :P