• Nothing

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
LugiaAvatar.png

It's suppose to look like Lugia is flying out... sorta. :D

This is easily a favorite for me. I like that you're breaking away from some of the more "cliche" avatar designs. Also nice to see that sprites really can work with non-pixel art graphics.

Keep working with text. Text should add to your art, not distract from it or take away from it.

Keeping it simple is often best, but just because I say simple, doesn't mean you can't do any effects to it. Take my signatures for example.

Keep working with text. Text should add to your art, not distract from it or take away from it.

Keeping it simple is often best, but just because I say simple, doesn't mean you can't do any effects to it. Take my signatures for example.

All that depends on what type of signature you're making. In Greencat's sigs, unlike yours, the focus is much more on the effects rather then the render. In yours, the render plays the main part. Effects include the text.

What you just said made no sense at all.

Effects include the text... ?

I use effects on and in my text as well, yet it I make it flow with the image.

Take your signature for example, the text has no flow with the image and looks out of place.

My advice to Greencat was to keep experimenting with text to make it more complimentary to the signature he's creating. That is regardless what type of sig you make, text should be complimentary, and give added appeal to the image rather than distracting and taking away from the focus. If the text is the focus, then it should be the other way around - create the signature in a way that compliments the text.

This gives your signature flow.

5. Not a rule, but if you have any awesome signature tutorials, link me please. :D

TogekissRender.png

Took only 8 minutes! o.O" Hope this is used. :)

Haha thanx for the render, look I made a new sig, it looks cool?

And here's something for the not a rule - rule. You might have seen it before, or maybe not, it was a good sig tutorial, my sig looks cool to me!

I'm still playing around with text effects. I can do pretty good with non-signatures, but not so much with everything else. I don't want my text effects to be the same thing like most signatures--clean and uncomplicated lettering. I saw a text effect from Pory so I may have to try something similar. Haven't seen anyone besides myself and Pory who doesn't do the usual. :P

@Toffeuy: Meh. :P I don't like it toooo much. Thanks though. :)

I've spent some time on GFX boards in the past, and text used to be something difficult for me, as I think it is for most everyone.

In a signature, if you used a render, then your render should be the focal point of the signature.

Often times, people will create their text too large, or off in a corner, and without the right settings and/or effects, it distracts, or takes away from the focal point of the signature.

Text doesn't always have to be the same color, the same size, the same place, or the same font. However, it is all of those things that you should consider when placing your text onto an image.

What you just said made no sense at all.

Effects include the text... ?

I use effects on and in my text as well, yet it I make it flow with the image.

Take your signature for example, the text has no flow with the image and looks out of place.

My advice to Greencat was to keep experimenting with text to make it more complimentary to the signature he's creating. That is regardless what type of sig you make, text should be complimentary, and give added appeal to the image rather than distracting and taking away from the focus. If the text is the focus, then it should be the other way around - create the signature in a way that compliments the text.

This gives your signature flow.

He did that intentionally. The signature was supposed to be jumbled mess of effects and everything like. It is definitely no where close to his real potential.

Anyway...

Greencat! You're definitely improving. The Lugia avatar is easily one of my favorites as well. Your art is very amazing and definitely stands out in uniqueness.

@bear831: Thanks. :D Don't forget to vote.

@Okami: Thanks. yeah, I just noticed that. I'll fix it when I have time.

@Scwib: No offense, but I find it kinda' hard to believe that you can't identify what it is. It is obviously a Drifloon. Everyone else is able to identify it. :\ And if it looked good, why did you vote "It's OK." o_O"?

The pen tool that you used was distracting to me at first, I can tell what it is now, but I didn't see it until I read the poll. I said that it was good because the effects you used are nice. Overall though, I voted that it was OK because that's how I see it.

I personally like it, but I found it hard to figure out what it was at first. Looks good, though!

My point exactly.

You're improving a ton. I really favorite the Lugia avatar that looks as though it's flying out of the square.

I voted 10/10, I would've voted 9.8/10 but closest was 10. It just seems weird how if you look very carefully on Drifloon's abdomen you could see some stripes, and also You applied a Drop Shadow for the Square in the Avatar but not one for Drifloon. Overall, it's very good, best one you've done in a while.

11: Extraordinary, Unique, and haven't seen anything like it! before

Does not describe what I think of it quite clearly. It is a very beautiful fine piece of artwork Greencat. Definitely one of the most unique pieces of work I've seen. It inspires me...a lot. To try it step away from the ordinary.

Edited by Ziz