Legitimate Pokemon Failing Legal

Troggy

Hi,

I have been having some issues with legal.exe lately and curiosity has gotten the best of me. I have gotten the same error twice on legitimate Pokemon. Under Sync it says 'invalid'. I have attached the legal.exe results of my most recent catch that has failed.

I obtained this Bibarel as a wild catch @ Lake Acuity. I used a RNG abuse method to get the results that I did. Here is that information:

Method J Careful 31/31/31/02/31/31

Seed: f107099a

Frame: 16

When I went to catch it I used a Careful synchronizer as my party lead.

I don't own any third party devices, and I checked this Bibarel as soon as I had uploaded it to my computer via HyperGTS. There is no conceivable way it is not legitimate, so is this some quirk in legal.exe? I'd like to know for future reference in case I am checking someone else's Poke and I get this flag. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: I read through the legality checker thread a bit, and saw that other people are experiencing 'false positives' similar to mine. Is there any other information known about this at this time?

Buckster.jpg

Buckster.jpg.b2546a89f5ba54c6b55a93c1455

legal is wrong. don't worry about it. worse case, you have to use rng reporter and prove it is a hittable spread.

Thanks for the response :)

Does anyone have a reason why legal is doing this for certain spreads but not others?

Probably just an error in one of the valid syncs causing Sync: Valid to show as Sync: Invalid

If you want further verification that it should be valid:

http://shaym.in/apps/iv_checker

Thanks for the information. I put in all the information I could for my Bibarel, and it gave me a different seed than the one I used. I put that seed into RNG reporter, and there were no spreads that matched the one I used. I attached the result it gave me below. Maybe I just don't understand how to use the program?

it's something sabresite has to fix, apparently. some kind of flaw in the process of determining whether the poke/PID should have a sync.

Oh, okay. That makes some sense. I don't know if I plan on trading my RNG caught Pokemon, I just didn't want someone to check one of the few that have that 'invalid' sync tag and jump to conclusions.

BibarelResults.jpg

BibarelResults.jpg.7f8c81ce43a3b4d635f24

You actually have to hover over the "Delay", because the Seed is actually the Method 1 Frame 1 Seed of that PID (all PIDs can occur on frame 1, they just have to be valid seeds).

It's something you could use if you had AR codes (freeze that in the seed position and the pokemon will be that IVPID), but that's shady!

If you press "shift", you'll get another seed and another delay. Just hover over delay again to get your new seed.

You actually have to hover over the "Delay", because the Seed is actually the Method 1 Frame 1 Seed of that PID (all PIDs can occur on frame 1, they just have to be valid seeds).

It's something you could use if you had AR codes (freeze that in the seed position and the pokemon will be that IVPID), but that's shady!

If you press "shift", you'll get another seed and another delay. Just hover over delay again to get your new seed.

Oh, I see now. When you hover over the delay of 2448 you get my seed :)

I don't have an Action Replay...but thanks again for your help!

Try using Pika Anti Cheat (PAC). Pretty accurate...

Oh, I wasn't familiar with that application. Pretty neat. I guess I will just have to accept that there are certain spreads that legal.exe does not like. So far I have found a total of 3, one being the Careful one I started the thread about.

Thanks for the comment :)

• 2 weeks later...
pAC is super outdated. SO outdated.

It doesn't have a sync check, so pretty much it is an alpha version of legal.exe that doesn't have a sync check. I've seen certain spreads that are unobtainable in DPPt pass pAC, so it's not a good second opinion.

Thanks for the response, that's good to know.