Correct Way to name your pokemon ?

Ra1d

First of all,I've read this topic,yes(that topic was created before the latest version was released,where it said Black/White character map support).

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11656-Pokegen-always-sets-nickname-flag

But even with the newest version,you still have to add something in the nickname to make your pokemon wi-fi acceptable,i didn't really understand the explanation in the pop up tips,so hopefully you can help me out here.

My Trainer's Name is Ra1d,when i open it with Pokegen it says : Ra1d\FFFF\0000\0000\FFFF

One of my pokemons' nick is NailD,if i open it with Pokegen it says : NailD\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\0000\FFFF,so basically right now I'm using this nickname for all of my pokemons,to get past wi-fi check.At first i thought" FFFF" is used for consonants,and "0000" for vowels,tried playing with it,didn't work out too well,in the end had to nickname all of them NailD xD

So if you could help me,i'd really appreciate it ;o

• 2 years later...

After 3 years you are still helping people!

Use the a-z characters at the bottom of the character map, not the top. (This won't be true for the English versions of the games. Translations aren't English versions.)

I have searched high and low for reasons why my pokemon were not obeying me. I have tried everything from actually changing my ID and SID to 1 to make things simpler. Hours have gone by, troubleshooting and testing codes, hoping that my pokegen pokemon would not gain boosted exp. (evidence it would not obey in the future). Finally a solution! I needed to make the OT name with the bottom English letters! Very tricky. I was about to give up

Thank you so much