Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

*face palms* I've been sitting here thinking, man this is taking a long time, should have reached V4 by now....then realized that I hadn't checked to see if the thread was closed :>

any word on V5 out soon? Or no? Only ask to wonder if I should wait a few days for 5 or just use 4 for now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i patch the game all i get is a game called Pokumonwhitepatched.nds and it has no kilobytes so i dont know what to do plz help.

EDIT: i tried it agian with an already patched rom and it was called pokemon_White_Patched.nds and it had 0kb so please please! help and respond fast!

*face palms* I've been sitting here thinking, man this is taking a long time, should have reached V4 by now....then realized that I hadn't checked to see if the thread was closed :>

any word on V5 out soon? Or no? Only ask to wonder if I should wait a few days for 5 or just use 4 for now.

Unofficial V5 is out, Official V5 should be out by October 31st.

finnaly gained kb then i tested it ( pokumon) and it crashed so i deleted it im now going to try to patch the patched game.... i hope it works and wish me luckin teh sucseffu l patching and i have to run for cross country thurs so i gotta get prepared

EDIT: i patched the v4 patched game and i will now test it out wish me alot of luck

It's just for those that can't wait. It's the same source of translation (the same thing just released earlier with less translation) so it's only right to put it here. It's not their translation, it's everyone's that worked on it.

Perhaps I patched it wrong then. Hmm...

Something was mentioned about checking off boxes? Where are these located? I didn't encounter any while patching. Or did you mean the options in the options in-game menu, cause thats on "Normal" for english.

There shouldn't be any problem with the patch, I would either try patching it again, or going to the 5th option down in game, switching it to kanji, then back to english. Sometimes that works. You may need to exit the options menu and come back to it to change it to english again.

So I thought I saw this said somewhere, but just making sure.

Will the v5 patch really have ~90% of the story translated? :o

If it does, awesome! If not, it's still awesome. Either way, at the rate this is going, it seems like at least a ROUGH translation of the game should be done before 2011. I could be wrong but, with so many people on the project, Id be very surprised if i was.

*DISCLAIMER: I am totally guessing based on past progress. Dont get your hopes up. At least progress is progress, even if it never gets done, what we have is STILL amazing.

If it does, awesome! If not, it's still awesome. Either way, at the rate this is going, it seems like at least a ROUGH translation of the game should be done before 2011. I could be wrong but, with so many people on the project, Id be very surprised if i was.

*DISCLAIMER: I am totally guessing based on past progress. Dont get your hopes up. At least progress is progress, even if it never gets done, what we have is STILL amazing.

I just went through and combined vgboy's and soneek's repo's into a combined repo with the most updated stuff.. I would say the MAJORITY of the story is done. We are expected to have 100% done by the 31st with V5. If there is a V6, then it will just probably be fixes and revisions to V5. Progress has been going excitingly fast since vgboy joined the project.

On a side note..

Why the heck not..

UNOFFICIAL Black-NewLogo Updated:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ecfef7mgnf2mdl

UNOFFICIAL White-NewLogo Updated:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4un6tma80akmtb1

An update to my previous unofficial patch.

Credit to the update is to soneek and vgboy mainly. I grabbed both their repo's and combined them for the most updated stuff. Manually went through each file..

Progress update: I just updated my repository, and I'm fairly sure that I've inserted everything I have in the script, with the exception of a couple of post-game things. So in theory, 100% story. But I could be wrong.

(I'm guessing the unofficial patch below uses my repository as it was a couple hours ago, which was up to the Ancient Castle. So that's still most of it, and the Elite Four onward has been there for a while.)

Of course, there are still plenty of untranslated trainers and other NPCs on the way. (The massive file with all trainer dialogue should have all the plot-required ones, but is around 20% done overall.) From now on, I'll probably be testing linearly, making sure things fit in the boxes and that pretty much EVERYTHING I can find is translated. (Before I went all out to insert the plot today, that process was complete up to Sky Arrow Bridge, though there was a designer's house in Shippo which I couldn't find the file for.)

Progress update: I just updated my repository, and I'm fairly sure that I've inserted everything I have in the script, with the exception of a couple of post-game things. So in theory, 100% story. But I could be wrong.

(I'm guessing the unofficial patch below uses my repository as it was a couple hours ago, which was up to the Ancient Castle. So that's still most of it, and the Elite Four onward has been there for a while.)

Of course, there are still plenty of untranslated trainers and other NPCs on the way. (The massive file with all trainer dialogue should have all the plot-required ones, but is around 20% done overall.) From now on, I'll probably be testing linearly, making sure things fit in the boxes and that pretty much EVERYTHING I can find is translated. (Before I went all out to insert the plot today, that process was complete up to Sky Arrow Bridge, though there was a designer's house in Shippo which I couldn't find the file for.)

It is up to ancient castle. I'll update with what you have now. ^_^ Thanks vgboy.

Also, there is an irc channel that we can talk in.. it's on one of the first three posts of this thread.

EDIT: I'm looking at these updates, and wishing I never beat him to translating it. rofl.

He re-did some of the stuff I already did for him a couple days ago.

EDIT2: Looks like not all of my translating was worthless, still have the top part of story/0000/0166.txt!

EDIT3:

Here it is.

UNOFFICIAL V5, with vgboy's supposed 100% update

UNOFFICIAL V5 Black-NewLogo3

http://www.mediafire.com/?pr1afa3mai8hmr4

UNOFFICIAL V5 White-NewLogo3

http://www.mediafire.com/?4z89l6o5a4rezdq

Credit to this update, obviously to vgboy. Thanks!

NOTE: This is going to be my final update to the unofficial patches.. You're going to have to wait until the OFFICIAL V5 for anything more updated than this!

It is up to ancient castle. I'll update with what you have now. ^_^ Thanks vgboy.

Also, there is an irc channel that we can talk in.. it's on one of the first three posts of this thread.

EDIT: I'm looking at these updates, and wishing I never beat him to translating it. rofl.

He re-did some of the stuff I already did for him a couple days ago.

EDIT2: Looks like not all of my translating was worthless, still have the top part of story/0000/0166.txt!

EDIT3:

Here it is.

UNOFFICIAL V5, with vgboy's supposed 100% update

UNOFFICIAL V5 Black-NewLogo3

http://www.mediafire.com/?pr1afa3mai8hmr4

UNOFFICIAL V5 White-NewLogo3

http://www.mediafire.com/?4z89l6o5a4rezdq

Credit to this update, obviously to vgboy. Thanks!

NOTE: This is going to be my final update to the unofficial patches.. You're going to have to wait until the OFFICIAL V5 for anything more updated than this!

Thanks for this keep up the great work

Hey guys, awesome work! Especially thanks to vgboy and the guy who uploaded the unofficial V5. What I'd like to ask though is whether it is normal or not that the rom I get after patching it with Rudolphs and the English-patch, is freezing randomly every few minutes. Almost everything is in english, which is awesome, but it sucks to see the game randomly freezing on Desmume. Haven't tried it on Flashcart, though, could be worth a try.

greets

Sengi

Hey guys, awesome work! Especially thanks to vgboy and the guy who uploaded the unofficial V5. What I'd like to ask though is whether it is normal or not that the rom I get after patching it with Rudolphs and the English-patch, is freezing randomly every few minutes. Almost everything is in english, which is awesome, but it sucks to see the game randomly freezing on Desmume. Haven't tried it on Flashcart, though, could be worth a try.

greets

Sengi

Try it on a flashcart, and if it happens again you might just have to wait till Sunday for the official V5 patch.

If anyone has any concerns about anything, I would advise that you view the first 3 posts, or just ask about it on the IRC channel before posting here, because the questions are getting repetitive here. There's a link to it on the first page, in Kaarosu's post.