Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

Just an update. once I found the building in Sanyou town where I find the C-Gear, the Spiky Eared Pichu error message disappeared at the Wi-Fi area, I can now successfully connect. I'd also like to confirm that you can trade legendaries and events through the union room :D big thanks to Shadow_Steve and BabeePooh for the advice

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I reported before, the vs recorder / video gts is corrupted (the last digits for the video nuber displays random letters and numbers so I can't get the full number and the screen freezes before loading the play / save / exit screen), but I've found another glitch with it. With some videos in the gts if I watch them and skip a few turns, when I exit the video the screen freezes and I can only get out of it if I turn off my ds.

Also, reposting these just in case they were missed.

mischievous heart was missing the t and the end.
The ability "Terra Voltage" is missing an "r" in it's name.
When I was teaching my pokemon new moves, sometimes the name of the move wouldn't show up when it askes me to replace it. It didn't do it with all moves but I decided to test all of them to see which ones where causing problems.

Screenshots to show what I am on about.

1-1.png or 2-1.png

The last message also doesn't make much sense, instead of:

"Should a move be deleted and be

replaced with [TM / HM Move]?"

Replace with this message, or just remove the word "be" and everything will makes more sense :):

"Should a move be deleted and

replaced with [TM / HM Move]?"

Also, after the Union Room lady says she hopes she enjoys my stay in the union room, a random text box with a ? mark appears before I start walking to the elevator, maybe look into that also?

And whats the deal with U-Turn? Does it really cause crashes on wifi and battle recorder?

Edited by Silent Storm

If you can't wait make your own patch with the current progress :)

I've read through the first 3 posts, and most of the entire thread, but I could not find instructions on how to create your own patch. Can someone point me in the right direction? or explain in simple terms (with links) what to do.

I've read through the first 3 posts, and most of the entire thread, but I could not find instructions on how to create your own patch. Can someone point me in the right direction? or explain in simple terms (with links) what to do.

First page 3rd post in NSSVelocity's sig click 'Using PPTXT for text editing Pokemon Black & White'

hes not talking about editing the rom itself, hes wanting to make a simple patch like the version releases kaarosu is doing, so i wouldn't know how to make them though >__>

I've been following since the

There's two parts to the guide

1.how to edit the text

2.how to patch your game

I just used it earlier today.

EDIT: Sorry, misread Smugleaf's post but i think you gotta use the second part of that guide and then use the xdelta GUI to make your own patch using the edited rom and the unedited rom and it should appear in the xdelta folder.

I got an error when registering to the Pokémon Global Link.

This one is online, but I'd like to know if there's a solution for this...

naamloosgf.png

It's when registering an ID to the site.

I looked carefully, and it doesn't say my code is wrong...

By "Online" I mean it's on the Pokémon GL site.

Edit: I know it's off-topic but still... :P

Just to put this out there..

If you pick Katakana as your Language then the credits will be in Katakana. However, If you pick Kanjii the credits will be in English.

So I bet it would be possible to take the credits the Katakana option uses and replace it with the one that the Kanjii option uses.

Here is a video showing it: *Skip to 12:35 to see the Credits in English

[video=youtube;BUsRUWKoZDs]

naamloosgf.png

Put a pokemon to sleep via C-Gear and try registering then. Don't wake up the pokemon until your id works fine (and you can do the event to get the pikachu skin ^_^).

Just an update. once I found the building in Sanyou town where I find the C-Gear, the Spiky Eared Pichu error message disappeared at the Wi-Fi area, I can now successfully connect. I'd also like to confirm that you can trade legendaries and events through the union room :D big thanks to Shadow_Steve and BabeePooh for the advice

glad to help mann... xD

Put a pokemon to sleep via C-Gear and try registering then. Don't wake up the pokemon until your id works fine (and you can do the event to get the pikachu skin ^_^).

i believe its not that.. If its gbu then its password and id error... Password of account and ur black or white game id.. If its not that error then i believ u

naamloosgf.png

You have to have your pokemon ready to be sent and already asleep, trying to connect through the game sync. While that is happening, continue to try and register the ID into the site. I did it that way and it worked. I had the same trouble as you did before, too.

Sorry if this is a noobish question but im having some real trouble getting this to run. I'm using DeSmuME and can run the game in Japanese just fine. But if I patch the game with the translation it just gives me a white screen. I've used both V2 and V4 of the patch and neither will run. Anyone know whats going on?

Sorry if this is a noobish question but im having some real trouble getting this to run. I'm using DeSmuME and can run the game in Japanese just fine. But if I patch the game with the translation it just gives me a white screen. I've used both V2 and V4 of the patch and neither will run. Anyone know whats going on?

Make sure you have a clean copy of the game, then patch it with Child's play patch then the English patch.

this is probably unrelated but can anyone tell me if the transfer machine can connect to english games or only jap? Or is there a pokesav for b/w?

I heard there was a pokesav, but doesn't that interfere with ever being able to collect MG's or game syncing? I heard pokesav edits mess up the wi-fi. O.o Just what I heard.