Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

I've only noticed one other user comment on the issue I'm running into ( User Matscape ), and I couldn't find the solution in this thread. Does anyone know why we're getting the message "This spiky-eared Pichu cannot enter the wi-fi club" when we try any of the wi-fi options? Neither of us even have that Pokemon on our team. I tried switching from English to Kanji to see if that would make a difference, but no dice. Any hints on why this is happening would be fantastic. Thanks very much guys, amazing job on the translation project so far. I can't wait to be able to trade over my Shiny Suicune ;_____;

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Config" -> "Hotkey Configuration" -> set a hotkey to "Fast Foward Toggle"

that makes it ultra fast ;)

What is that supposed to do?

It might be better to go to "config" "frame skip" afterwards click on "5" or "6". That should make it faster!

I've only noticed one other user comment on the issue I'm running into ( User Matscape ), and I couldn't find the solution in this thread. Does anyone know why we're getting the message "This spiky-eared Pichu cannot enter the wi-fi club" when we try any of the wi-fi options? Neither of us even have that Pokemon on our team. I tried switching from English to Kanji to see if that would make a difference, but no dice. Any hints on why this is happening would be fantastic. Thanks very much guys, amazing job on the translation project so far. I can't wait to be able to trade over my Shiny Suicune ;_____;

well, it don't just seem to restrict to the teat now, if its anywhere on the game, say in one of your boxes, it picks it up

hmm... strange then, cause i can connect to GTS, hmm.... i wonder what it could be then?

I'm not sure, but the fact that you can go to the GTS is promising. Which translation version are you playing? V1, 2 , 3 or 4? That may have something to do with it :P thanks for your help ^^

More stuff.

In the Kata patch, in game traded pokemon have their names translated, so in order for me to retain some legitimacy with them, I have to switch to the japanese rom so they retain their proper names.

Some Elite 4 names need looking at, the names on the vs screen and in-battle screen are different (different spellings, Giima has a ? mark replaccing one of his "i's").

I'm not sure, but the fact that you can go to the GTS is promising. Which translation version are you playing? V1, 2 , 3 or 4? That may have something to do with it :P thanks for your help ^^

base patch i was working with was 3, i think, i have lost count since i have been injecting the stuff manually into the game, sorry, i have been running into separate issues other than this, though

@silent storm: yeah you can use the other patch, the one that doesn't translate the names, also im close to the elite four, so i will check it out

I am using the one that doesn't translate the names for pokemon (the katakana patch right?) and in game traded pokemon have their names translated.

Also while you're at the E4, could you possibly change the names of two of them? The dark and psychic e4 arre the only ones that need name chaning I think ("Giima" is the correct spelling for the dark e4 and the psychic e4's name is the same as her platinum name, which is "Caitlin".

Pokemon being sent to PC after being caught.

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 was transferred to\xfffe\xf000ċ\x0001\x0001 in someone's PC!
\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 was transferred to\xfffe\xf000ċ\x0001\x0001 in Shouro's PC!

Any problems with this?

OK.. Heres a Simple guide to those "Newbies" who cant connect to GTS or Random Battle

1st: Make sure you have patched you ROM with Rudolph's Child's Play Patch... (Thats what i did)

2nd Make sure that you talked to the girl after you finished the second Gym and the Plasma event... She'll tell you about Wi-Fi and

give you C-Gear..

3rd... Always and ALWAYS Make sure you dont have any event pokes in your party... its not allowed in Wi-Fi

4th: If you caught or have a pokemon from IN GAME, Make sure you change it name @ the name rater in Huin..

For Example: Tsunabeaa change its name to ENGLISH ones BUT its only limit to 5 Letters..

(If your pokemon is from HG SS, you can still go through the wi-fi)

Poke Sav Section

If your going to wifi with a pokesav pokes, there is a chance you might get disconnected... WHY??

Because the wi-fi battles check it first if your poke is legit or not...

In order to get through you must make your poke seems legit..

For example EV trained Tsunabeaa, mmust be equivalent to 508 eg. 252 HP 252 Atk and 4 Spd...

The rest make it legit, where it supposed to be caught and etc etc...

That way you can go through wifi battles with your sav poke...

(Make sure you have Patch v4 ^_^)

that should be it by now...

By the way if your going to register to GBU

heres Kazos Guide for it: http://www.youtube.com/user/KazoWAR?feature=chclk#p/a/u/1/5dhisEWYE0k

(youll gonna need to register first i think before you can connect to Wifi stuffs... but oh wells xD)

OK.. Heres a Simple guide to those "Newbies" who cant connect to GTS or Random Battle

1st: Make sure you have patched you ROM with Rudolph's Child's Play Patch... (Thats what i did)

2nd Make sure that you talked to the girl after you finished the second Gym and the Plasma event... She'll tell you about Wi-Fi and

give you C-Gear..

3rd... Always and ALWAYS Make sure you dont have any event pokes in your party... its not allowed in Wi-Fi

4th: If you caught or have a pokemon from IN GAME, Make sure you change it name @ the name rater in Huin..

For Example: Tsunabeaa change its name to ENGLISH ones BUT its only limit to 5 Letters..

(If your pokemon is from HG SS, you can still go through the wi-fi)

Poke Sav Section

If your going to wifi with a pokesav pokes, there is a chance you might get disconnected... WHY??

Because the wi-fi battles check it first if your poke is legit or not...

In order to get through you must make your poke seems legit..

For example EV trained Tsunabeaa, mmust be equivalent to 508 eg. 252 HP 252 Atk and 4 Spd...

The rest make it legit, where it supposed to be caught and etc etc...

That way you can go through wifi battles with your sav poke...

(Make sure you have Patch v4 ^_^)

that should be it by now...

By the way if your going to register to GBU

heres Kazos Guide for it: http://www.youtube.com/user/KazoWAR?feature=chclk#p/a/u/1/5dhisEWYE0k

(youll gonna need to register first i think before you can connect to Wifi stuffs... but oh wells xD)

Thanks SO much for writing this up, Babeepooh. The translation said I wouldn't be able to trade until my first gym battle, so I'd just assumed I could access the Wi-Fi after the first gym. I have one more gym to beat before I test out the method you kindly took the time to write out. One question though- do you know if I can trade event Pokemon through the Union Room ?