Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Line breaks when Cheren is about to heal my starter.

"And of course, Sena's Pokemon needs to(text breaks here)"

After that, Belle's textbox displays this:

"Bel: Bel: Heyyy! How about you fight

a Pokémon battle, Cheren?"

Aside from removing one "Bel:", maybe change fight to have or do?

After you have it patched, are you using the "File Name_patched.nds" file?

If so, set your ingame options to English. (Options, 5th down, Left Side)

Yeah, I already have it at those settings as well. I have some things in English, just not story stuff.

Edit: Sems that changing it to Kanjii and back fixed it.

What flash card are you using?
Sorry for a delayed response. My card worked fine without any other edits for the prior updates.

Using a R4i Gold w/ some v1.35 R4i Revolution firmware.

Im gonna test out something out... If you have any ideas, I'm open.

I'm using the latest version(v4) on no$gba, but ever since v2 the rom crashes on the first battle against Cheren as soon as i click the move i want to use, all three starters, either attack.

NO$GBA hasn't been updated in a very long time and has problems with the game itself anyway.

Please use DeSmuME as it has much higher compatibility and works much better.

NO$GBA hasn't been updated in a very long time and has problems with the game itself anyway.

Please use DeSmuME as it has much higher compatibility and works much better.

I cant use DeSmuME because it blatantly refuses to load in a reasonable amount of time, and when it finally finishes loading and I press ctrl+o it freezes.

Edited by Delta Blast Burn
forgot an "a"

I cant use DeSmuME because it blatantly refuses to load in a reasonable amount of time, and when it finally finishes loading and I press ctrl+o it freezes.

Not sure then, as I haven't used no$gba in awhile. I'll check it out.

Edit: I can't even get it to load the rom, just complains about the save file.

Before the first town.

When I choose yes when Belle askes me if I caught more Pokemon, she talks japanese and the live caster convo is in japanese. After that everyone talks in english.

In the Dream Ruins:

When I encounter belle after the first leader battle, when I approach the ruins, english text is sandwiched between japanese text:

"[Japanese Text]

Did you hear something?

[Japanese Text]"

"Bel: You think kicking thePokemon

will bring out the dream smoke?"

Also, in the Sanyou Town (the one with the first leader(s)), there is a little girl south of the pokemon centre that says she likes my water pokemon, when I picked the fire one, maybe look into that?

Also, Makomo or however you spell her name talks japanese when you're in her house for the first time but I'm going to assume that part wasn't in the link I provided in the old thread.

After Belle's speech about hitting pokemon is wrong, the plasma folk start talking Japanese again before they battle me.

They are talking japanese after I battled them and so is Belle and the convo goes back to english when Makomo reappears, then back to Japanese when Belle starts speaking (Makomo only speaks english twice in this scene), I am pretty sure this convo was translated in the link I provided.

Back at Makomo's house, she speaks japanese throughout the whole convo.

More as they come. :)

Not sure then, as I haven't used no$gba in awhile. I'll check it out.

Edit: I can't even get it to load the rom, just complains about the save file.

To get past that you have to use a certain code that rasn made specifically for that.

No$gba Savefix
52004EA0 E8BD01F0
02001800 E92D4008
02001804 E3A00000
02001808 E3A0150E
0200180C E2811A06
02001810 E5810B44
02001814 EA5FE9F2
02001818 E59F4034
0200181C E59F5034
02001820 E5845000
02001824 E59F4020
02001828 E5945000
0200182C E59F601C
02001830 E1550006
02001834 03A05001
02001838 05C4500A
0200183C 03A05000
02001840 E1445DB4
02001844 E8BD01F0
02001848 EA000D95
0200184C 02180C80
02001850 28AAFF1F
02001854 037FBFE0
02001858 EAA01606
02004EA0 EAFFF25C
D0000000 00000000

Instructions:

Start Nocash

Activate code

File>Reset Cartridge

Play Like Normal

And for additional caution I use this code at the same time.

Pass Blue Screen
02006F2C 00000000
02180B8C 00000000

Yeah, I've made a fork that, among other things, fixes those. (That's how this works, right?) The whole of the Dream Lot, Makomo's room, and Sanyou City should be translated. The girl talking about types actually just tells you a random type weakness she knows - it has nothing to do with what starter you chose.

It doesn't appear everything from my script has been inserted yet - I'm not sure exactly how much has been - but it should be eventually. I'll also slowly be working through NPCs, probably.

Yeah, I've made a fork that, among other things, fixes those. (That's how this works, right?) The whole of the Dream Lot, Makomo's room, and Sanyou City should be translated. The girl talking about types actually just tells you a random type weakness she knows - it has nothing to do with what starter you chose.

It doesn't appear everything from my script has been inserted yet - I'm not sure exactly how much has been - but it should be eventually. I'll also slowly be working through NPCs, probably.

I think the elite 4 and the first town is all that's added in. I've been busy merging forks so I haven't had time to finish up to the first meeting with N.

Ok, I've made a save when the translation stops for me, when a new update to the story appears, I will report bugs / typo's as they come.

For now I'll focus on moves and stuff, reporting text errors as I see them.

Speaking of text errors, Zekrom's ability has two r's in Terra Voltage, instead of one.

Hey, I'm using Desume but I'm having real troubles trying to take my old save from previous patch into the V4 patch. I patched the game over the old patched game first then patched it over a clean game and nothing worked. I made sure the name was correct and copied the .nds file, but it didn't take. At one point I could start it up like it was working, but then after 3 seconds my game completely froze. Is there some way I can use my old save for V4 without it freezing on me? Anybody else had this problem?