Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

I'm still translating, but nobody's going to be talking about that until a V7 gets made to show it. So, yeah.

If I do decide to stop and say "good enough" at any point, it'll almost certainly be when it's just Wi-Fi stuff left. (Or if I take so long that the official English version comes out first, I suppose.)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still translating, but nobody's going to be talking about that until a V7 gets made to show it. So, yeah.

If I do decide to stop and say "good enough" at any point, it'll almost certainly be when it's just Wi-Fi stuff left. (Or if I take so long that the official English version comes out first, I suppose.)

I bet the English Black and White versions will have much tougher AP protection.

I noticed some weird stuff.

First, in Sanyou City, there's a kid that plays "Rock-Paper-Pokémon"

If you choose Water, he will choose Fire, then say "Fire-type Pokémon are weak against fire-type Pokémon... So I lose"

Tsutarja's Pokédex entry says "[...]it's tail will droop"

Shouldn't it be drop?

Also, if I talk to the woman in the middle on the 2nd floor of the Pokémon Center, she says "This Spiky-Eared Pichu can't enter the Wi-Fi club."

I don't even have a Spiky-eared Pichu.

There seems to be some kind of trouble at the battle Subway I'm able to battle the first 2~4 trainers ( in single) then I get a blue/white screen saying something in Japanese ( I'm assuming it crashed) I'm using No$Gba btw. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Sorry for the lack of updates been extremely busy especially with the holidays (hope you all had a great thanksgiving if you celebrate it) anyways I'll do a v7 here shortly with what vgperson who is so awesome he's keeping the translations alive all on his own. Anyways I'll do a release here shortly uploading the patches as i type this.

Edit:

Download links should be updated now so feel free to grab them

Not sure when the next update will be if there will be one at all as vgperson said he's the only one who's still translating stuff so i'll just do one last one whenever he feels that it is 'good enough' since the game is playable without getting lost anymore. Anyways enjoy!

Everything looks great, thanks for this patch.

I want to contribute to this translation in some way by touching up some things / fixing bugs people find. Is there another git that holds Katakana names because the one available to the public only holds the English, literal translations.

There is still a bug that has been brought up quite a few times in this thread, is it fixable?

1-1.png or 2-1.png

Edited by Silent Storm

what is the difference between V7White-OldLogo and V7White-OldLogo-"Kata"? Do the pokemons in V7White-OldLogo have english name or something like that? Will greatly appreciate it if anybody can clear this confusion for me.

what is the difference between V7White-OldLogo and V7White-OldLogo-"Kata"? Do the pokemons in V7White-OldLogo have english name or something like that? Will greatly appreciate it if anybody can clear this confusion for me.

Pokemon already owned will stay how they are, but the newly encountered pokemon will either have English names or Kata names, respectively.

Lol sorry I'm kind of new to this and a bit lost which... one is the download link? ( I know its somewhere on the first page under "Update v7") But I only see the download links for the Logos....(Unless that is the whole patch?)

Lol sorry I'm kind of new to this and a bit lost which... one is the download link? ( I know its somewhere on the first page under "Update v7") But I only see the download links for the Logos....(Unless that is the whole patch?)

That is the whole patch. Get a clean Rom then use the Rudolph's Child's Play patch for whichever version you are going to play that matches the Rom to remove the AP. Then just drag your clean rom into that patch wait a few seconds and you'll have a pre-patched rom. Then use the xDelta GUI to apply the V7 patch into the rom and your good to go. If you want the English names for your Pokemon then do not choose the Kata patch. As for the logos it just depends which one you prefer best xP

Looking through my commits, here's what I think has been done since V6:

- Shortened the Battle Subway names to fix crashes.

- Finished up the Battle Subway and Trial House, except for NPCs on the Battle Subway rest stops.

- Village Bridge and Kagome Town.

- The Royal Unova.

- Event legendary... events.

- Some of White Forest, but not any of the migrating trainers. So... still mostly untranslated, really.

- Random Wi-Fi stuff. Most of the Union Room should be translated, but I don't really know for sure. Also some Dream World and High-Link things.

- A few more TV shows, but still not many.

- Lots of various fixes - should have covered most posted in the thread.

Oh yeah, and I have no idea why the TM-teaching bug happens. So it's probably just going to stay that way, unfortunately.

That is the whole patch. Get a clean Rom then use the Rudolph's Child's Play patch for whichever version you are going to play that matches the Rom to remove the AP. Then just drag your clean rom into that patch wait a few seconds and you'll have a pre-patched rom. Then use the xDelta GUI to apply the V7 patch into the rom and your good to go. If you want the English names for your Pokemon then do not choose the Kata patch. As for the logos it just depends which one you prefer best xP

Ah, of course! I get it now~!

The only problem is that now for some unknown reason xDelta GUI does not seem to work for me, I wish I knew the reason though...

But really, Thanks alot anyways AuroraVirus =D

I wonder if there is another type I program I can use beside xDelta