Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

I'm experieng a strange problem, and I'd like some help. whenever I go into one of those buildings at the ends of routes, the screen goes black and it nevers goes back to normal. How can I fix this? it happened in every versin after version 2.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how it was in the original text, Casey/Ke-shi might be the name of the Abra or something but i'll change it to Abra to avoid confusion for 6.5

Edit:

...which turns out is Abra anyways... both vgperson and our gits now reflect the changes

Merging repos now and i'll do some testing and then do the 6.5 with the fixes

Correct me if I'm wrong, if you deposit an egg into a box and then try to move around the box the game freezes?

I believe so xD Sorry if im wrong Im just collecting Bug Reports From Other forums So we have a flawless Patch :)

Stuff I found that isn't translated:

- upstairs in the pokemon center, before you get the c-gear

- the TV shows

- the survey place in hiun city

- a lot of places in raimon city: the battle place (in the bottom left corner), the sports stadiums, pokemon musicals

- when a woman asks you if you want to ride the ferris wheel with her, she actually says "yes / no" in the dialogue. i don't think this was intentional

- a house with NPCs in Hodomoe City

- trading (any kind of trading, not just wi-fi)

- a lot of the wi-fi/c gear stuff but I'm sure you probably already knew that

Formatting mistakes:

- some of the Pokedex entries have errors

- when teaching pokemon TMs, some of the text gets cut off and I have no idea why

- After you defeat Yacon, he says "Come up to the cave at the end of Route 6! I'll be waitin"!" The quotation mark should be an apostrophe

- When you show a shikijika to the scientist in the seasonal research facility on route 6, he says something like "I'll go catch a (blank space) too"

Just to clarify, here are the Pokedex entries that are messed up

Dangoro (cut off)

Tabunne (cut off)

Otamaro (their is misspelled as thier)

Kurumiru (cut off)

Basurao (cut off)

Meguroco (cut off)

Zuruggu (cut off)

Kumasyun (cut off)

Others:

Shippou City is spelled both as Shippou and Shippo.

Sorry if someone already reported these or if they've already been fixed, this is a really big thread.

Edited by quagsire

Here's Another typo discovered by a user at a different forum

"hahaha....I just recently decided to look at a PC... I checked Prof. Araragi's PC and it said

"Let's see here... You've discovered 10 of Isshu's Pokémon! You have to go into the tall grass to find Pokédex!"

Hi, I tested your patch and it works great. But there is something I do not understand:

How do you edit the sprites of the Pokemon types?

I have great curiosity, I have only been able to extract/edit text D:

I just want to know how you have extracted the sprites and then how you have reinserted it...

Thanks for the translation :]

Hi, I tested your patch and it works great. But there is something I do not understand:

How do you edit the sprites of the Pokemon types?

I have great curiosity, I have only been able to extract/edit text D:

I just want to know how you have extracted the sprites and then how you have reinserted it...

Thanks for the translation :]

i beive these wernt edited and were just inputted using a text editor,i hope this ansers your question:)i think most of us is waiting for a PPRE for the 5th gen games.

Here's Another typo discovered by a user at a different forum

"hahaha....I just recently decided to look at a PC... I checked Prof. Araragi's PC and it said

"Let's see here... You've discovered 10 of Isshu's Pokémon! You have to go into the tall grass to find Pokédex!"

Rofl I almost died laughing but yea that does seem to be a bit of a mistake.

Hi! I'm loving this patch and the translation's just awesome! If i can help in any way, just let it know! Well, here's a typo report

EDIT: i see that this typo is already reported, but just letting you know, report the typos at the official page of this Translation:

http://kazowar.pbworks.com/w/page/30273946/Black-and-White-Translation-Project

Edited by NachoMdp
Typo report already done

i faced a big problem here. my black version is unable to go wireless club to trade but my white version is able to go in. For the black version, after entering the room, it will just remain black screen.. anyone face the same problem as mine?

i faced a big problem here. my black version is unable to go wireless club to trade but my white version is able to go in. For the black version, after entering the room, it will just remain black screen.. anyone face the same problem as mine?

there is a patch on the 3rd post i belive that activates the wifi room in black.

For the Rudolph patch, (I had a friend patch it for me in the first place), do I drag the Rom itself, (the .nds file), into the patch.exe? Just asking for some clarification.

Yep drag it right on there. That's it. You'll see the patched file get made within a minute or less.

there also needs to be a line break for the text "it's super effective against the foe's ___!" because it would be cut off.

edit: only when the pokemon's name is too long, rather.

also, other typos that i think i saw, but didn't pay heavy attention to:

from the chef in the battle subway once you defeat her: "have you been eating my special braead?" or something like that.

and also: "the foe's ___ attack was a critical hit!" when the attack with the critical hit was, in fact, used against the foe.

and lastly, just trying the most recent updates to the repository and the battle subway has been working with no problems so far.

"There's a problem with your Pokemon, so it/they could not be entered." I'm guessing it's because you have names more than five characters. You need to either nickname your Pokemon 5-character-or-less names or get the Kata patch to keep the default names in Japanese.

And now that I think about it, future Kata patches should probably keep the in-game trade Pokemon names in Japanese as well.

Version 6, untranslated findings...

===============

Village Bridge

(Creepy Weird Music In That Village lol)

===============

>OUTSIDE

NPC Man with playing the Acoustic Guitar

NPC After the 3 houses EAST named Gachi

NPC Man Standing near a Garbage Tin named Reizo

Trainer: Baker Yoshie (standing by a trailer)

NPC Guy standing with a Pikachu with 3 other NPC and Pokemon.

NPC Girl standing with a Minezumi with 3 other NPC and Pokemon.

NPC Guy standing with a Waruvile with 3 other NPC and Pokemon.

>6 HOUSES (Left to Right from Entrance)

4th House = NPC Man

5th House = NPC Girl (She runs away after you talk to her)

6th House = NPC Girl (She heals your PARTY)

"There's a problem with your Pokemon, so it/they could not be entered." I'm guessing it's because you have names more than five characters. You need to either nickname your Pokemon 5-character-or-less names or get the Kata patch to keep the default names in Japanese.

And now that I think about it, future Kata patches should probably keep the in-game trade Pokemon names in Japanese as well.

trying to use the english patch with the english names will auto-disqualify you. you need to name the pokes using the japanese english unicode chars with pokegen's character map or via the name rater guy. greater than 5 letters is fine, though, even though the game won;t let you go past that unless you use pokegen.

hey there,

i have started the game again.

and there was some untranslated text.

- firstly the commercials going on in the tv.

- the people on the baseball field in the city where the fourth gym leader is.

- the three assisstants in the pokemon center on the second floor

even though these are just minor issues and do not affect the gameplay it is just an important thing to note.