Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

(If all else fails, go back to older patches, Surely someone has backups of the older patches)

And I'm doubting it messed with your save file, this is a ROM patch, and the only changes should have no affect on the sav, unless there's been a big problem. In which case, I'm sure the active team is working hard on it.

thats the problem i went back to v5 and v4 i kept them on my cpu still same problem loads my save but freezes saying the season still so i think my save ended up corrupt after i tried v6

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude i downloaded rudolphs patch and i have the clean version of game.I dragged the nds file and put it on the patch.exe file. It showed patch done but the language is still in japanese.Do you know whats the problem??

youve patched it for AP.for a english patch there in the 2nd from first post on page 1 and you patch it using the software given(delagui).

There's a number of Wi-Fi features, and even individual things are usually spread over more than one file. At this point, almost every entry in the non-story files (0/0/2.narc) that isn't already translated is Wi-Fi related. There are also a number of actual "rooms" in the story files (0/0/3.narc) that involve Wi-Fi, such as the Union Room (463), the Global Terminal (471), and a bunch of High-Link/Dream World rooms.

By the way, my repository should now be good for a version 6.5 featuring a nearly-complete, non-crashing Battle Subway. (Most of the NPCs hanging around the rest stops every 7 trainers aren't translated, and I may be missing a few other things since I haven't done an extremely thorough test.)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: thanks a bunch for all your hard work guys and gals. Absolutely love this project and really appreciate what's being done, if it wasn't due to work and school I'd find some way to help out other than just showing my appreciation. But sometimes a good word towards such hard work and dedication means a lot (take it from someone who has a crap job that's physically and emotionally/mentally straining, so the occasional positive feedback does a lot for morale), especially for something being done for free for the community.

tl;dr: Everyone involved with this rocks, and I'm thankful you all are doing this for the community.

Minor snafu in the eastern Wonder Bridge gatehouse: The old woman, when talking about the ghost girl, says "Casey" when she should say "Abra".

That's how it was in the original text, Casey/Ke-shi might be the name of the Abra or something but i'll change it to Abra to avoid confusion for 6.5

Edit:

...which turns out is Abra anyways... both vgperson and our gits now reflect the changes

There's a number of Wi-Fi features, and even individual things are usually spread over more than one file. At this point, almost every entry in the non-story files (0/0/2.narc) that isn't already translated is Wi-Fi related. There are also a number of actual "rooms" in the story files (0/0/3.narc) that involve Wi-Fi, such as the Union Room (463), the Global Terminal (471), and a bunch of High-Link/Dream World rooms.

By the way, my repository should now be good for a version 6.5 featuring a nearly-complete, non-crashing Battle Subway. (Most of the NPCs hanging around the rest stops every 7 trainers aren't translated, and I may be missing a few other things since I haven't done an extremely thorough test.)

Merging repos now and i'll do some testing and then do the 6.5 with the fixes

BUG:if you put some pkm's in egg from in boxs, when you move around in the box it will freeze. Then you have to restart the the game.

Found on other forum

Correct me if I'm wrong, if you deposit an egg into a box and then try to move around the box the game freezes?

Ok, I just got my AK2i in the mail today, 2 questions about it:

1. This translation does work on AceKard, right?

2. Can someone give me a link to the firmware or whatever I need to get it started?

EDIT - I've managed to download AKAIO 1.8, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it rite. AKAIO loads, I see my clean Rom, my patched Rom, but I see no saves, my save for Pokemon Black seems like it's not present... Halp?

EDIT 2 - Ok, I think I've found the problem myself... AK uses the save WITHOUT the '.nds' at the end, when R4 does. Just saying this for reference in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

Edited by Mystery100

Aside from the translations, did you guys temper with the Trainer's Pokemon and Wild Pokemon Locations? I ask because I had to go to Ancient Castle, after beating the 7th gym and when I went down a few floors, these 2 things happened:

1) A wild Onix & Sandslash battled me.(seperate battkles)

2) I fought a Plasma Grunt, and he had a Level 64 Waruvial..... o_0 Holy crap. Am I underleveled.xD I won though but it could have been because I used Walk Through Walls cheat, so I ended up reaching a place I shouldn't have.xD I thought I was going to the right path, since I walked more and I found myself outside, where Adeku & Geechisu were facing each other.

Nah, I don't think any of the patch workers know how to edit teams or anything like that. You're only able to go that deep in the post-game; normally you can't go past the scene with Adeku and Geechisu. (The post-game also has a pretty crazy level jump for some reason.)