Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

Whenever i try to patch the V6 to my rom using the xDelta GUI i keep getting and error saying Unhandled exception has occured in your application. and the patch doesn't get applied. i used my b-pokemonw_patched.nds rom file and i also tried downloading a clean rom but no matter what i get the same error, am i doing something wrong?

EDIT:

ok i belive i finally got it patched but now i'm having the same problem as Mystery100

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i decided to test out the battle subway with the most recent updates to the git repository on my own, and just wanted to say that there's still a crash problem. it happened for me with a clown trainer in the 'super single mode.'
Was curious if this was addressed?

Everything looks great so far. Right now I am testing the battle subway to see if that kid crashes it (and the clown when I get to Super Singles).

Also, someone posted a new logo which looked better than the one(s) currently used. Is there any chance of them appearing in V6?

Hm. Assuming it's not just opposed to having English text at all (which would be odd considering how many ways the Japanese version is "prepared" for the English script), and seeing as it apparently crashed before I started translating the trainer dialogue, I assume it must be a problem with the trainer names. Most likely that they're too long - after all, you can save Battle Videos of your battles with them. But I'm not sure what the maximum character limit would be, and it's hard to know which names are tripping it.

EDIT: Okay, here are the 9- and 10-character names (since 8 seems like a logical limit to expect):

Ichimonji

Serjbudee

Abbacchio

Hotvitlon

Clarabelle

Higurashi

Kurinosuke

Momotarou

Kanetsugu

Munechika

Sabiasagi

Ichimatsu

Kushinada

Mizunosuke

Kamenozoki

Terracotta

Tsurumatsu

Tamakazura

Korechika

Sugikatsu

Matsukaze

Shingetsu

And just in case, here are just the 10-letter ones:

Clarabelle

Kurinosuke

Mizunosuke

Kamenozoki

Terracotta

Tsurumatsu

Tamakazura

So I would say count the letters in each name you see. If you see a 10-letter name, I guess I'm wrong entirely. If you see a 9-letter name, I'll shorten the 10-letter ones. If you only see 8-letter ones until a crash, then I'll shorten everything to 8.

I will try to translate Wi-Fi stuff once everything else is out of the way, it's just a bit harder without always knowing the context.

Then it sounds like 9-letter names are problematic too, just not fatally so. I don't know why else it would show a blank line. Unless something convinces me otherwise, I'll shorten the names to 8 when I get around to finishing up the trainers (probably sometime tomorrow).

Alright, third round. Yes, it seems people with 9 letter names (this time our good friend Hotvitlon) don't display any messages before the battle, but displays their losing message.

Edit - And after 17 rounds I receive a crash (It was another chef / baker looking trainer), so I guess people with 9 letter names lose their messages, while 10 letter names crash the game.

Can someone please tell me the game ID for Pokemon White v6 patch? If I'm not mistaken, I need this for my TTDS, and I am following a guide on how to edit my infolib.dat files with the new ID, as it changes with every patch version... I think. The guide uses the ID for v3, so...

On a side note, in my haste I spelt my name wrong...

If you know it; thanks! :)

EDIT: I think I've found it, but I'm not sure if it's ok to post here. It's: IRAJ 6F795E87

EDIT2: The ID worked for my TTDS, running Pokemon White v6!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone edit this on the front page to fix the DSTT error code 4:

Follow the guide by ddc1: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11397-Pokemon-Black-and-White-Translation-Project&p=92835&viewfull=1#post92835

Use r4cce to find the true game id (Pokemon White v6 is 6F795E87): http://home.usay.jp/pc/soft.html

Edited by Onimysrt

Still haven't had any luck with the v6 English over v5 English Black. 2 Questions about this; 1) Does anyone have Black working on V6? 2) And who else DOESN'T have Black working when trying to patch v5 to v6? Because I only have 2 other people with this same problem, so afaik, it's not my Rom that's acting up. Here are my statistics in case anyone's curioius:

Current Rom: 5216 - Pokemon Black (Japan)_patched

Current Patch: V5Black-NewLogo-Kata.patch

broken Patch: V6Black-NewLogo-English.patch

Emulator: DeSmuME

End result: White screen when trying to open Rom

EDIT 1- I THINK it might be a conflict with the CURRENT patch and the NEW patch, (I definitely know it's a problem with the patch). I'm saying this because if you look at my data, (above), you'll see that my Current patch ends with 'Kata,' and the New patch ends with 'English.' It's not the Name I'm emphasizing, it's what the patch contains. I'm not sure that this is the problem, just putting this idea out there for the developers, and of course, people with this same problem.

EDIT 2- @DrPhilGewd and @Satsu Renkai

Have either of you found a solution to our problem with the white screen? Are you still having the problem? And the last question, what are your:

Current rom?

Current Patch?

Broken Patch?

Emulator?

End Result?

Edited by Mystery100
Ideas and Replies

Still haven't had any luck with the v6 English over v5 English Black. 2 Questions about this; 1) Does anyone have Black working on V6? 2) And who else DOESN'T have Black working when trying to patch v5 to v6? Because I only have 2 other people with this same problem, so afaik, it's not my Rom that's acting up. Here are my statistics in case anyone's curioius:

Current Rom: 5216 - Pokemon Black (Japan)_patched

Current Patch: V5Black-NewLogo-Kata.patch

broken Patch: V6Black-NewLogo-English.patch

Emulator: DeSmuME

End result: White screen when trying to open Rom

EDIT 1- I THINK it might be a conflict with the CURRENT patch and the NEW patch, (I definitely know it's a problem with the patch). I'm saying this because if you look at my data, (above), you'll see that my Current patch ends with 'Kata,' and the New patch ends with 'English.' It's not the Name I'm emphasizing, it's what the patch contains. I'm not sure that this is the problem, just putting this idea out there for the developers, and of course, people with this same problem.

EDIT 2- @DrPhilGewd and @Satsu Renkai

Have either of you found a solution to our problem with the white screen? Are you still having the problem? And the last question, what are your:

Current rom?

Current Patch?

Broken Patch?

Emulator?

End Result?

You are starting this with a clean unpatched game right? A lot of people usually have this error if they're trying to patch over an already patched game.

You are starting this with a clean unpatched game right? A lot of people usually have this error if they're trying to patch over an already patched game.

I think that's the problem, because what I've been thinking of a 'clean' and 'unpatched' Rom would be is just the Rom without the .sav in the same folder. I'll try using the v6 patch on my unpatched Rom, then get back to you. Thanks for reminding me of this. ;)

Well I've already said what I've used. I've used a clean unpatched game with v5 and v6 patches and both game me white screens. And Like I've also said I use a Acekard2i.

Ok, well I just got back on my computer, (I had to write a report), =\ and I'm just about to patch my Rom now. I believe what @Kaarosu said is right, so I'm trying that now. Use an UNPATCHED version of your Rom, (like, a Rom without a v# on it), and apply the v6 patch. Tell me how it goes.

EDIT - Ok, @Kaarosu was right, obviously, we, (or at least I), were patching an already patched Rom. I used the clean Rom, and it worked. Now just to get my save file to work.

(If all else fails, go back to older patches, Surely someone has backups of the older patches)

And I'm doubting it messed with your save file, this is a ROM patch, and the only changes should have no affect on the sav, unless there's been a big problem. In which case, I'm sure the active team is working hard on it.