Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

I also created this account just to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone involved in this.. Your efforts are much appreciated!!

also loved the carousel bit with the hiker...

"Its gettin hot...aaah so sweaty"

at the top of the carousel...

"You ever had a lover, boy?" rofl

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still get a white screen even after applying the rudolph patch, I tried using just the v4 rudolph's patch, AND the v5 new logo (black) patch for a pokemon black rom, then i tried using both patches; still a white screen. I'm using an R4, anything I'm missing here?

I'm not getting any results from using the Xdelta GUI which Kaorosu (sorry about mispelling) posted in his second post, I have the patch, I have a clean rom, but no results? Nothing happen when I click apply

Hey I had the same problem, spent a long time trying to figure out where I went wrong, in the end I found nothing except a different GUI for xdelta. Somehow this one worked when the other didn't, couldn't find the original link so I chucked it on

mediafire. File contains xdelta, the GUI posted here and the one I found, good luck.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7as3kiw780p2g05

I still get a white screen even after applying the rudolph patch, I tried using just the v4 rudolph's patch, AND the v5 new logo (black) patch for a pokemon black rom, then i tried using both patches; still a white screen. I'm using an R4, anything I'm missing here?

What firmware are you currently using? Is your R4 the original R4DS or is it a clone? If you're not using Wood R4 1.15, then download it here http://filetrip.net/f22028-Wood-R4-1-15.html

But that patch works for the story, right? Because I download one of your patches and that works just for the first badge. And then was everything on Japanese again.. I want to download an patch what workings for the 8. badge or for the 4. badge. But not for the first badge..

Ps: Sorry for my bad English, but I can't speak English so good. And you can see, that I'm learning now English at our school.. :creep:

Ok, you have 2 options:

1. Obtain the newest R4 firmware,

2.When you start your R4, go to the rom, click Y, then go R twice and turn the first 2 options Off.

Bye!

it doesnt work for me i have a clean rom i patch it with blackbeta2.patch and put it to the root of my sd card ( i use m3 ds real with m3sakura firmware) then when i click the game it loads and taks me to a black screen and doesnt load

am i doing it wrong or is this a bug, if anyone else had this problem can they hlelp me fix

To update people, this is pretty much all that has been translated for the game thus far:

• Story is about 95% English(as far as randomspot555 has said).
  • Some random npcs show their text in English(mainly the npcs in the first few cities)
  • The battle stuff(i.e. Attacks, items, pokeballs, stuff in the bag, pokedex info, attack effects) are translated(since this originally seemed to start as a "battle patch").
  • Names of the Pokemon.
  • Pokemon Center(Nurse Joy, Pokemart workers, PC) should be in English.
  • Start screen.
  • Bulletin board info.

Think that covers most of it. Thanks again to everyone else who helped in the project so far.

it doesnt work for me i have a clean rom i patch it with blackbeta2.patch and put it to the root of my sd card ( i use m3 ds real with m3sakura firmware) then when i click the game it loads and taks me to a black screen and doesnt load

am i doing it wrong or is this a bug, if anyone else had this problem can they hlelp me fix

I suggest using R4 Wood v1.14 firmware; I've been using it since I've started playing it from these patches and have had no errors on my end that were the firmware's or patch's fault(though a few of my own errors). It has been suggested many times to use R4 Wood firmware many times between the 3 threads this project spans.

Also, make sure your patching with Rudolph's EXP patch and then try the MOST RECENT patch(v5) on the same nds you patched which you should be able to find at the bottom of the first post.

Where did you get this patch?

i had that prob on acekard so just used their v2 of rudolph(black version)

ok i got 2 big problems that i found but are fixed on the reguler rom.

1. When i go back to main screen it just shows white thats it. (Occurs when I'm at continue menu when i want to go back to main menu and occurs when I'm exiting wonder cards)

2. After completion of the game both times it freezes at the end where it goes to main menu.

....Any single way of fixing this? Should

Also the V5 was perfect for the story! You guys are simply amazing I would have just stopped on V5 but you guys want to translate everything! Thank you!

Edited by KaiKai
white screen not black

@randomspot555 Ok, thanks. I couldn't play it yesterday, as I didn't have my charger, and I have no backup of my Save on my PC. I was asking because in the v4 patch as I remember, it was only translated up to the 3rd or 4th town. So I think it's quite lolzy that they're got this far. Thanks again! :D

EDIT: Does anybody know where I can find the title screen text (PUSH START BUTTON, and TRANSLATED BY PROJECTPOKEMON.ORG DISTRIBUTORS)? Also, I want to change the seasons (Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn). Thanks for the info!!

Edited by mptje

@Dr.Phibes1482 You probably patched your Rom with the save file inside the save folder. Next time, follow these instructions:

-Move the Rom of your game to your Desktop.

-Move the Patch to your Desktop.

-Open xDelta GUI

-Select the Rom, select the Patch.

-Click apply, wait a few moments until the size says 256MB.

-Move the NEWLY CREATED Rom to your desired folder.

-Move the UN PATCHED Rom to the original folder.

-Find your .SAV from your UN PATCHED Rom,

-Copy, (CTRL+C), and Paste, (CTRL+V), to the folder of your NEWLY PATCHED Rom,

-Re name it to your NEWLY PATCHED Rom,

-It SHOULD work!

-Last step, tell me how it works. Thanks, and good luck! :D