Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

I hope that wasn't directed at me.

I really don't mind at all if they take there time, Hell I'm thankful they do, I just hate seeing people talk about how the patch is coming out whenever, It's out when its ready.

A person on the project (NSSVelocity) has said they slated the v5 release for Halloween, October 31st. It was a tentative release date given by a few working on it and that's why I said it COULD be out, not that it WILL be out. If you had read the thread, you might understand. Instead, you jumped to a conclusion.

SOURCE, Page 32

You should jump on IRC with us and have a chat sometime.

Also, 6 days people.

In case you dont check the date of the original post, that was 6 days ago.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah V5 will hopefully be released by tonight. We're having an issue with PPTXT at the moment not liking something on certain text files so trying to figure that out right now and fix it. Worst case scenario would be release being delayed till tomorrow but hopefully it won't get to that.

SWEET!!!

I found a bug, I don'y know if this has been discovered or not, but here goes:

Route 2, Man in the Red after getting the Running Shoes:

"...That's not the only thing either...

f your Pokemon run out of PP

I'd watch how you're Pokemon are doing!"

2 errors: Line 2 "f" should be "If" and Line 3 "you're" should be "your."

Again, I'm not sure if you've found these, and I'm not trying to be offensive. Just trying to help. :)

patch.exe doesnt wanna work for me. Its says patch succesfull but when i go in game its still in japanese also the title screen is still the originalidk whats wrong any1 got an idea of what am i doing wrong???

Well, are you using the xDelta GUI patcher with the latest v# and a Clean ROM? PS. I strongly suggest you back up your save before doing anything. :)

They look great, much better than the ones currently used.

Though the one on the right seems to be thicker than the one on the left looks more sleek and high quality. If they are included in the new patch which is going to be used? Cause I personally think the one on the left looks better.

Yes. I know, we'll use the one on the Left. But I dont think these will be on V5, Maybe on an unofficial V6, since we need the help of Poryhack to add them to the game, since Im only a designer, and the translation team didn't knew how to edit the title screen.

Thankies.

*Downloads*

Edit - Decided to see if bugs from the previous version were fixed.

The Battle Recorder and everything related it is still "corrupted". It's even worse now as it freezes for longer and you can see any of the battle numbers, it's all just question marks, making it impossible to share battle videos.

As I reported before, the vs recorder / video gts is corrupted (the last digits for the video nuber displays random letters and numbers so I can't get the full number and the screen freezes before loading the play / save / exit screen), but I've found another glitch with it. With some videos in the gts if I watch them and skip a few turns, when I exit the video the screen freezes and I can only get out of it if I turn off my ds.
mischievous heart was missing the t and the end.
The ability "Terra Voltage" is missing an "r" in it's name.
When I was teaching my pokemon new moves, sometimes the name of the move wouldn't show up when it askes me to replace it. It didn't do it with all moves but I decided to test all of them to see which ones where causing problems.

Screenshots to show what I am on about.

1-1.png or 2-1.png

The last message also doesn't make much sense, instead of:

"Should a move be deleted and be

replaced with [TM / HM Move]?"

Replace with this message, or just remove the word "be" and everything will makes more sense :):

"Should a move be deleted and

replaced with [TM / HM Move]?"

I am going to test U-Turn now, and get to work on finding errors in the story.

Edit 2 - Seems U-Turn was fixed, I'll do more battle testing (battle subway) and see if that kid crashes the game.

Edit 3 - Battle Subway crashes immediately upon entering.....

Edit 4 - Entered a second time, and it didn't crash. The same kid is still doing it I think.

V5 Should be up, Mediafire one is still uploading so those may not work right away, but the Megaupload ones are up and running. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!

Update Changelog

We don't have a detailed changelog for this release cause it was lost somewhere.. but it's mostly story updates a good amount of it was translated so we're about 80-90% done with it because of the great contributions being made by vgperson

The other noticeable change you'll see will be the messages you get in the WFC settings (i'm still trying to figure out this one so it still looks to be in japanese BUT any messages you receive in it will be in English... some stuff might be offscreen but it should still let you know what the problem is if any

Lastly we wish all of you a happy halloween! and thank you all for the support given to the team!

AH HA HA HA!!!! YES!!! You guys are the best fan translation team I've ever seen (and I've been an avid fan of fan translations for about 11 years now)!!! Your progress is amazing and yet, you're so humble as well! Thank you guys SOOOOOOO much!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

Thankies.

*Downloads*

Edit - Decided to see if bugs from the previous version were fixed.

The Battle Recorder and everything related it is still "corrupted". It's even worse now as it freezes for longer and you can see any of the battle numbers, it's all just question marks, making it impossible to share battle videos.

I am going to test U-Turn now, and get to work on finding errors in the story.

Edit 2 - Seems U-Turn was fixed, I'll do more battle testing (battle subway) and see if that kid crashes the game.

Edit 3 - Battle Subway crashes immediately upon entering.....

Edit 4 - Entered a second time, and it didn't crash. The same kid is still doing it I think.

I'll look into the battle recorder this update was mostly centered around story and the battle recorder is in the main git i think so that's probably why it wasn't fixed but i'll take a look at it and see whats up.

Before I go crazy, what are the differences between the kata and normal version of the patch?

EDIT: Is it only the name of the pokemon themselves or does it effect gameplay somehow?

It seems that there is some sort of filter on their servers that filters out 'edited' pokemon so if you want to trade/battle online I would suggest you use pokemon with their original names(the kata patch)

Started from the beginning.

Cheren in the lab after getting Bel:

"It's all thanks to you that I could become

a Pokémon like I always dream."

Could translate to:

"It's all thanks to you that I can become

a Pokémon trainer like I always dream."

Because the word "become" is a bit to close to the end of the text box.

Bel's dad says something about her being "naive" after I go to get her. The "i" in "naive" seems off, as it looks like it has two "periods" instead of one. You'll have to play that part to get what I mean.

More as they come.

When it's said story, does that mean every single person you bump into that has useful to random stuff, or just story events, or a mixture?

So far every person I have talked to has spoken too has been in English regardless if they say important or just random information

Started from the beginning.

Cheren in the lab after getting Bel:

"It's all thanks to you that I could become

Could translate to:

"It's all thanks to you that I can become

Because the word "become" is a bit to close to the end of the text box.

Bel's dad says something about her being "naive" after I go to get her. The "i" in "naive" seems off, as it looks like it has two "periods" instead of one. You'll have to play that part to get what I mean.

More as they come.

I think they're missing the word "trainer" in there as well. Cause...I don't think Cheren wanted to be a Pokemon for Halloween. xD!