Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not "unofficial," they're just different romanizations that make more sense given the flower theme. (But in the case of Belle, Arty, and Getis, they're just romanizations that I personally find better, so I'll give you that.) I don't really mind if people want to change them as long as they end up consistent.

Also, here are the names that are longer than 10 characters and suggested shortenings:

FUTACHIMARU -> FUTACHMARU

CHILLACCINO -> CHILLACINO

GOCHIRUZERU -> GOCHIRZERU

SHIBISHIRASU -> SHIBISHIRAS

(And I'm fairly sure that even if you load a save in a version that gives it a different name, even an un-nicknamed Pokemon will retain its old name because of how un-nicknamed Pokemon actually work.)

I got a question is the latest v4 of white loaded with rudolphs too because I use black and when both me and my brother had to trade for something I had to change my patch to rudolphs due to black freezing but my brother did not have to do that so. Hopin for black to get as much love as white

They're not "unofficial," they're just different romanizations that make more sense given the flower theme. (But in the case of Belle, Arty, and Getis, they're just romanizations that I personally find better, so I'll give you that.) I don't really mind if people want to change them as long as they end up consistent.

Also, here are the names that are longer than 10 characters and suggested shortenings:

FUTACHIMARU -> FUTACHMARU

CHILLACCINO -> CHILLACINO

GOCHIRUZERU -> GOCHIRZERU

SHIBISHIRASU -> SHIBISHIRAS

(And I'm fairly sure that even if you load a save in a version that gives it a different name, even an un-nicknamed Pokemon will retain its old name because of how un-nicknamed Pokemon actually work.)

Alright, well, I suppose I'll give you that. Fact is, we are going to have to choose consistent names or this will severely confuse people.

And I know you browse this thread VERY frequently, vgboy.. Yet, it's almost impossible for us to contact you regarding the project. If you would stop by in the irc channel every once in a while, that would help.

The channel is: https://03.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc%3A%2F%2Firc.bitsjointirc.net%2FBWTranslation

or irc.bitsjointirc.net:6667 #BWTranslation

I already showed this on IRC, but I'd like to request a change in the current logo to something more professional and official looking like:

logo3l.jpglogo2sq.jpgbromruto1.png

New logos by me on the left and middle, current one in the right.

I know its a minor detail, but Its nice to look at the title screen sometimes :3

I already showed this on IRC, but I'd like to request a change in the current logo to something more professional and official looking like:

I know its a minor detail, but Its nice to look at the title screen sometimes :3

Good job! Those look really good!

I like these over mines :P

If they use these i would kiss you.....unless your a guy.....that would just be creepy >.>

Realy like this,looks much more like a proper english game.on a side note,i found a text error on unoffical v5-Outside 3rd gym whith Artie Talking"And I Beleive your name was xf000??Player!

hey guys my track meet was awesome i got 54th outta 100 any way when i try to patch using any of the patches all i get is something called Pokumon_patched.Nds and it has no data on it litterally it says it has 0kb(kilobytes) and when i try to play it well it wont workcan some one help me?

hey guys , First of all i wanna say great work on the translation so far , but i noticed a little bug. Heading past route 10 when you battle Cheren he asks if im heading toward the elite four but she says "you're heading to the". and then cheren says ill have to battle team plasma's leader but idk its messed up. Other wise keep up the good work:grog:

you're heading to the.png

TeamPlasma.png

583dce895e3ae_youreheadingtothe.png.e455

TeamPlasma.png.bd878f583d47c1359e25117d1

hey guys my track meet was awesome i got 54th outta 100 any way when i try to patch using any of the patches all i get is something called Pokumon_patched.Nds and it has no data on it litterally it says it has 0kb(kilobytes) and when i try to play it well it wont workcan some one help me?

Cross Country sucks, Indoor & Outdoor Track FTW lol. But while you're patching you have to wait for the patched file to get up to 256 MB before you try playing it.

That would happen to me when I tried to patch the game in a folder. Once I put all the files onto the desktop and started to patch it would actually make a working 256MB patched rom.

As for patching in or out of a folder, it doesn't matter. Your desktop is a folder, but windows does have some odd errors. As for the patch, it usually makes a 0KB file, then you have to wait for a min or 2 depending on the speed of the computer, and it'll finish patching.

Unfortunately, the translators here for the most part (from what I know anyways) are not really hackers. Seeing as that is a limitation due to the Japanese game, it would be likely that it will not change, though I could be wrong.