Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v3 (Project is complete!)

randomspot555

Anybody else get a problem with the gts negotiation. (the 2nd trade option in gts)? I didn't knw if it was a problem the translation caused or just me.

One more question, I know this is off topic but does anyone know if the gts on b/w is on the same servers as hg/ss/p/d/pl? For instance, if you trade a 4th gen from platinum on the gts will it show up on the gts in b/w? I was thinking it might be so as long as you trade 4th gen and down on the older games. (5th gen just doesn't show up). lol this is how I want to shift my pokers over. I wanted to put up let's say a mew for trade for a bidoof on platinum. (a trade nobody would make ever). I switch over to my black game and go to the gts and see the mew there and trade said bidoof for it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, awesome work! Especially thanks to vgboy and the guy who uploaded the unofficial V5. What I'd like to ask though is whether it is normal or not that the rom I get after patching it with Rudolphs and the English-patch, is freezing randomly every few minutes. Almost everything is in english, which is awesome, but it sucks to see the game randomly freezing on Desmume. Haven't tried it on Flashcart, though, could be worth a try.

greets

Sengi

Interesting, but I see it works on your cart (As you said in later post).. so I have no idea.

Hey, if anyone keeps getting an error on GTS which complains about Pokémon being hacked, even when they aren't (like mine), switch over to Kanji before going into GTS and it'll work great. Navigating is one majorly tough cookie, but if you go in English first and memorize the locations of your query, then it's not so impossible.

Secondly, if anyone else has issues with the C-Gear freezing on their R4 like mine was, then just update the firmware to the latest Wood R4. It works perfectly!

http://filetrip.net/f21864-Wood-R4-1-14-2.html if you want a direct link to it.

I'm posting this here because this is one of the first results that shows up in Google when I make queries for this problem, so I figured it was a good place to give help to people who needed it.

News on the Battle Subway.

Apparently, you only freeze on the normal Dark Green line of the Battle Subway. At least, so far...I've played through the Light Green Line (Harder Single Battle's) and haven't experienced any freezing, and I've fought the toddler. Another poster posted that he went through 28 Battles as well, and hasn't encountered any freezing either. I just lost so I didn't get past 8 Matches...but I'll play some more to experiment this theory.

Does anyone know how to access the light green battle subway? Every time I go into the light green line, they tell me to leave. To my knowledge, you need to be able to complete the dark green line before entering the light green line. I can complete the first set of 7 matches. However, then I crash when I try to get back onto the dark green bus. Is there a trick to it?

Note: I'm using DeSmuME as my emulator. What are you guys using? (for the people who are having no issues)

It is up to ancient castle. I'll update with what you have now. ^_^ Thanks vgboy.

Also, there is an irc channel that we can talk in.. it's on one of the first three posts of this thread.

EDIT: I'm looking at these updates, and wishing I never beat him to translating it. rofl.

He re-did some of the stuff I already did for him a couple days ago.

EDIT2: Looks like not all of my translating was worthless, still have the top part of story/0000/0166.txt!

EDIT3:

Here it is.

UNOFFICIAL V5, with vgboy's supposed 100% update

UNOFFICIAL V5 Black-NewLogo3

http://www.mediafire.com/?pr1afa3mai8hmr4

UNOFFICIAL V5 White-NewLogo3

http://www.mediafire.com/?4z89l6o5a4rezdq

Credit to this update, obviously to vgboy. Thanks!

NOTE: This is going to be my final update to the unofficial patches.. You're going to have to wait until the OFFICIAL V5 for anything more updated than this!

Assuming I haven't made a mistake, and I'm pretty sure I haven't, the patch doesn't work on Supercard DSOne.

I have the unpatched file, and I put that and the patch, both with the same name, in the the folder that contains xDelta GUI, and create the patched rom, but I get a white screen when I try to load the game on my DS lite.

Assuming I haven't made a mistake, and I'm pretty sure I haven't, the patch doesn't work on Supercard DSOne.

I have the unpatched file, and I put that and the patch, both with the same name, in the the folder that contains xDelta GUI, and create the patched rom, but I get a white screen when I try to load the game on my DS lite.

You made a mistake. i just tried v2 of the unofficial v5 on Supercard DSOne. Works Fine.

Does anyone know how to access the light green battle subway? Every time I go into the light green line, they tell me to leave. To my knowledge, you need to be able to complete the dark green line before entering the light green line. I can complete the first set of 7 matches. However, then I crash when I try to get back onto the dark green bus. Is there a trick to it?

Note: I'm using DeSmuME as my emulator. What are you guys using? (for the people who are having no issues)

You need to beat the subway master in the dark green line first. You might get lucky and encounter him within the first seven matches, but it took me about 28 rounds.

I don't switch to Kanji prior to trading on the GTS. If you want to use it in English, your Pkmn names must not exceed 5 characters.

For example : Charizard is CZard, Pikachu is Pikac, Ditto remains the same, etc.

The GTS won't allow you to trade the modified Japanese to English names without restricting to 5 characters.

Anybody get pokeshifter to work on desmume? I have traded between them in the past so I would assume this possible. It's just been so long and I forgot how to connect them. (only way to transfer being I have only 1 ds)

It was possible with pal park by loading a gen 3 rom/save into the GBA slot.

It's not compatible with Pokeshifter as it is a Download + Play option over WiFi. There is a synthetic shifter program by Kazo in the B/W Trashbytes thread that shifts pkms.

Hey, i Just wanted to stop by, and say that i picked up the the unofficial v5 patch, and the cut scene with the Ferris wheel (in the town after the desert), has no text at all, only white boxes.

other than that though, all seems to be fine.

and in case it matters, i have an Acekard 2 with AKAIO 1.8.1.

EDIT

====

also, crossing the bridges on route 6 caused my game to freeze (though this could have been a fluke or something on my end), and unfortunately it set me back a few hours (*face-palm*), so i wont be able to get back about it for a bit.

Edited by Seraphin

Hey, i Just wanted to stop by, and say that i picked up the the unofficial v5 patch, and the cut scene with the Ferris wheel (in the town after the desert), has no text at all, only white boxes.

other than that though, all seems to be fine.

and in case it matters, i have an Acekard 2 with AKAIO 1.8.1.

EDIT

====

also, crossing the bridges on route 6 caused my game to freeze (though this could have been a fluke or something on my end), and unfortunately it set me back a few hours (*face-palm*), so i wont be able to get back about it for a bit.

Both of those things did not happen to me yesterday. Although I play on desmume.

Here's a few problems I've noticed:

Pokemon Names- Hatoopoo should be Hatooboo

Doreida should be Doredia

When my Futachimaru evolved into Daikenki, its name did not change, it stayed at Futachimar (Apparently, Futachimaru is just one letter too long).

Try to agree on the Raimon city gym leader's name. I've seen two different versions. one japanese direct romanization, and one english trans for it.

If v5 changes the names of any non-nicknamed pokemon that you own to the correct names, that would be appreciated, since Daikenki and Doredia are just a bit too long for the 5 character limit.

There are also plenty of grammatical errors, and speech cut-offs.

Also, the Plasma grunts and Bel at the dream lot call Geechisu, "Getis". Again, pick one.

Here's a few problems I've noticed:

Pokemon Names- Hatoopoo should be Hatooboo

Doreida should be Doredia

When my Futachimaru evolved into Daikenki, its name did not change, it stayed at Futachimar (Apparently, Futachimaru is just one letter too long).

Try to agree on the Raimon city gym leader's name. I've seen two different versions. one japanese direct romanization, and one english trans for it.

If v5 changes the names of any non-nicknamed pokemon that you own to the correct names, that would be appreciated, since Daikenki and Doredia are just a bit too long for the 5 character limit.

There are also plenty of grammatical errors, and speech cut-offs.

Also, the Plasma grunts and Bel at the dream lot call Geechisu, "Getis". Again, pick one.

is this on the v4 or unofficial v5?