Shiny Leaf?

Aether Nexus

So I've been checking out PokeGen since I hear it's better than PokeSav, and I figured I'd get a bit confused using the program the first time. After messing around with it for a bit, I have a few questions, but for now, I only need to ask one: what is 'Shiny Leaf'?

I haven't created any Pokemon files just yet, and therefore I haven't seen/tested them on my game files. So before I do, I figured I'd ask a few questions about the program, since I believe this is the section for them. Also, I did make searches and I did lurk, and I found no thread containing a similar thread of someone else asking what 'Shiny Leaf' is as well.

It's the 41h, but only for Generation 4. Shiny Leaves are wiped when you transfer them to B+W, sadly.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/shinyleaf.shtml

Going to sound like a major n00by here, but doesn't the 41h refer to locations in HG/SS PokeSav? I'm sure I'm way wrong, but that's all that comes up in my head when I see that.

And also, say I get a Pokemon that isn't obtainable in HG/SS but can be obtained in say Pokemon Diamond version. If I trade my unique version Pokemon to HG or SS versions, and I do what Serebii says to find the Shiny Leaves, will it be able to find one? I don't see why not, so I'm sure it can, but I just want to make 100% on that. I only say this because if I was to say make a Pokemon that I can't obtain in HG/SS and put it in my HG/SS game and say it's from Diamond version, but it shows that it has 5 Shiny Leaves -- would this be legal? Can I pass this off as a legal Pokemon?

Also, on a different note, is this why PokeGen is preferred over PokeSav? Because it has all these features that PokeSav doesn't have (and of course other reasons as well)?

Going to sound like a major n00by here, but doesn't the 41h refer to locations in HG/SS PokeSav? I'm sure I'm way wrong, but that's all that comes up in my head when I see that.

And also, say I get a Pokemon that isn't obtainable in HG/SS but can be obtained in say Pokemon Diamond version. If I trade my unique version Pokemon to HG or SS versions, and I do what Serebii says to find the Shiny Leaves, will it be able to find one? I don't see why not, so I'm sure it can, but I just want to make 100% on that. I only say this because if I was to say make a Pokemon that I can't obtain in HG/SS and put it in my HG/SS game and say it's from Diamond version, but it shows that it has 5 Shiny Leaves -- would this be legal? Can I pass this off as a legal Pokemon?

Also, on a different note, is this why PokeGen is preferred over PokeSav? Because it has all these features that PokeSav doesn't have (and of course other reasons as well)?

41h refers of position 0x41 in the pkm file open in pokesav. it isn't exclusve to any specific program or anything like that. 4th gen pkms are 236(or 136) bytes, so regardless of pkm, there will always be a 41h. 5th gen, the pkms are 220 bytes and 41h now determines nature. if you make a poke that can't originate from hgss and give it 5 shiny leaves and put it in hgss, you should be fine. anything can earn shiny leaves, i would think.

for the last question: one of the reasons, yes.