Creating Legal Pokemon.

Aether Nexus

Ever since D/P came out, Pokesav videos hit Youtube and it became popular. Then ARDS sales probably went up by big %, but that's not the reason why I'm making this thread. The reason for this thread being made is because I want to know how to make complete legal Pokemon. I don't quite understand the PID/IV generator thing, but is it really necessary to use it? If I had decided to make a level 65 Infernape (level 100 seems a bit too... fake. Also, who even raises their Pokemon to level 100 anymore? This isn't RBY lol) with an Adamant nature and a max Happiness (255 I believe) with 31 IV's and 252 in one stat, 252 in another, and 4 in whatever else I choose to dump it in. I choose the right moves, make sure no moves are illegal with others, and make sure it's from the right generation game, put them in the right ball so my opponent doesn't see my egg move Infernape coming out of a Masterball, and yada yada. I believed this is how I've been making Pokemon legally throughout all the years of playing generation 4. But with Generation 5 coming along, I want to make complete legal Pokemon down to the PokeChromosone.

Now, if I did make that Infernape above, doesn't that seem legal to you? I could pass that off as legal and trade it and no one would ever guess, correct? Unless they obtained it on their R4DS and put it on their PokeSav/Gen and grabbed the file and put it in the legal checker program, then they would see the flaws in it that I might have input incorrectly, right? Other than that, to the human eye seeing it in-game or in PokeSav/Gen, they couldn't tell it's fake, could they? The main thing here is, I want my Pokemon to be legal hacks, but I want to trade them as well (and yes, people will be notified that they were created, not bred/caught, etc) and I want them to pass the legal checker program. So with all that said, what exactly do I have to do other than what I've said above to make a COMPLETE and legal hacked Pokemon? I know that 31 IV's is tough to get on a Pokemon, especially Legendaries as somehow it's near impossible to obtain them with 31 IV's in all stats, right? So I would have to make them legal as well, and if that means no 31 IV's in all IV boxes, then fine by me. As long as they look real, the info looks real, then that's all I want. So what else do I need to know/do to make them real other than what I already know and how I've been making them for the past 3 years?

One of the hardest things to check for (and what 99.99% of hackers disregard) is ID legality.

Eggs are the easiest to fake, without a doubt. There is no PID/IV relevance.

For Wild Pokemon:

IV-PID Relationship is the biggest way of checking.

Sync checks as well, in addition to Encounter Slots. Legal only does DPPt sync checks, but there is another app that checks both DPPt+HGSS, and encounter slots.

Use PokeGen and a guide for it, and you will create something "legal" enough. But you should never pass something off as "legit".

One of the hardest things to check for (and what 99.99% of hackers disregard) is ID legality.

Eggs are the easiest to fake, without a doubt. There is no PID/IV relevance.

For Wild Pokemon:

IV-PID Relationship is the biggest way of checking.

Sync checks as well, in addition to Encounter Slots. Legal only does DPPt sync checks, but there is another app that checks both DPPt+HGSS, and encounter slots.

Use PokeGen and a guide for it, and you will create something "legal" enough. But you should never pass something off as "legit".

Okay, so I bolded everything I don't quite get in your reply. So now if I make say the Infernape I mention above as an egg and not hatched, then somehow hatch it in-game, then it'll look legit? Or I just make it look like Infernape was hatched is what you mean? Also, what do you mean by 'ID legality'? Do you mean the ID of the Pokemon from which game of mine it came from? Because I know all my game ID's and Secret ID's (bar the Advance games, but those games Secret ID doesn't really matter when it comes to making 4th/5th generation Pokemon, does it?).

So if you can explain a bit more on the parts I bolded, that'd be a big help. Thanks as well.

Okay, so I bolded everything I don't quite get in your reply. So now if I make say the Infernape I mention above as an egg and not hatched, then somehow hatch it in-game, then it'll look legit? Or I just make it look like Infernape was hatched is what you mean? Also, what do you mean by 'ID legality'? Do you mean the ID of the Pokemon from which game of mine it came from? Because I know all my game ID's and Secret ID's (bar the Advance games, but those games Secret ID doesn't really matter when it comes to making 4th/5th generation Pokemon, does it?).

So if you can explain a bit more on the parts I bolded, that'd be a big help. Thanks as well.

Aether, here is my understanding of your bolded words... kaphotics can correct me if I'm wrong (he's brilliant)

ID Legality- Somewhere in the bowels of the game's program, something spits out your TID (Trainer ID that you see on your trainer card) and SID (Secret ID, which is invisible to the player and keeps to people with the same TID from being considered the "same" trainer). The odds of two players having the same TID and SID is something akin to being struck by lightning and winning the lottery on the same day. Personally, ID legality is something I don't know how you check yet.

PID/IV relevance- Anyone with AR can overwrite IVs, EVs, Shiny status, etc. Just because you overwrite the values doesn't mean it will be legal in game from a checker's standpoint. Specific IVs, natures, and genders are all tied into a pokemon's PID (Personal ID that you will never see ingame). When you overwrite with an AR, versus actually taking the time and using the programs to find out which PID will generate the nature/IV/gender you want, you will appear hacked very quickly. This is why a lot of people who traffic in "hacked" pokemon raise flags... they just change a few numbers, but nothing with the PID. As kaphotics said, when it comes to non-shiny eggs-based hacks, IV is not related to the PID. All you have to do is find a PID with the nature/ability/gender that matches using a program called RNGreporter. Finding the right PID for shinies or wild pokemon is a little more difficult. I believe Pokegen has a built-in feature that will find an applicable PID if one exists.

Sync checks and encounter slots, someone else will have to answer.

Aether, here is my understanding of your bolded words... kaphotics can correct me if I'm wrong (he's brilliant)

ID Legality- Somewhere in the bowels of the game's program, something spits out your TID (Trainer ID that you see on your trainer card) and SID (Secret ID, which is invisible to the player and keeps to people with the same TID from being considered the "same" trainer). The odds of two players having the same TID and SID is something akin to being struck by lightning and winning the lottery on the same day. Personally, ID legality is something I don't know how you check yet.

PID/IV relevance- Anyone with AR can overwrite IVs, EVs, Shiny status, etc. Just because you overwrite the values doesn't mean it will be legal in game from a checker's standpoint. Specific IVs, natures, and genders are all tied into a pokemon's PID (Personal ID that you will never see ingame). When you overwrite with an AR, versus actually taking the time and using the programs to find out which PID will generate the nature/IV/gender you want, you will appear hacked very quickly. This is why a lot of people who traffic in "hacked" pokemon raise flags... they just change a few numbers, but nothing with the PID. As kaphotics said, when it comes to non-shiny eggs-based hacks, IV is not related to the PID. All you have to do is find a PID with the nature/ability/gender that matches using a program called RNGreporter. Finding the right PID for shinies or wild pokemon is a little more difficult. I believe Pokegen has a built-in feature that will find an applicable PID if one exists.

Sync checks and encounter slots, someone else will have to answer.

you can look up TID/SID combos in pandora's box in rng reporter. it's possible to find out if TID and SID are a matched pair and also what PIDs can be shiny for a given TID/SID. also, looking up shiny vs. non-shiny eggs is the exact same process in rng reporter's time finder. the only difference is that for shiny eggs you plug in your TID/SID. as for pid, it determines most everything about a caught poke and just about everything fro a hatched poke. for example, look at your PID.(in decimal) if the last digit is even, your have ability 1. if the last digit is odd, you have ability 2. IVs and their link to PID are determined on a method 1 poke due to this: 4 rng calls are made for a method 1 poke. the first 2 calls determine the PID, the second 2 determine its IVs. if the first 2 calls are the same(in that you're getting the same PID more than once), the second 2 calls have to be the same. so, if call wwww and xxxx happen, each time they happen the last 2 calls, yyyy and zzzz, will always be the same. AR changes certain chosen values, but not all of the other values linked to the changed ones.

hatched stuff is different becasue the PID/nature/ability, etc is determined by one RNG(IRNG - mersenne twister variant) when the egg is spawned with the daycare man and the IVs are determined by a different rng(LCRNG - linear congruential RNG - the "normal" rng for this game- used by most things) when you pick the egg up from the daycare man. different rngs determine each part of the hatched poke at different times.

sync checks are done because in dppt/hgss some legitimate pid/iv combos are skipped and not used at all. pokemon you encounter due to in-game events(sinjoh, eevee, roaming pokes, etc) can use any of the 4.2 billion possible PID-IV sets available. (PIDs are 32-bit, so no more than 4.2 billion- 26 billion are possible, though not usable without longer PIDs) standing legenardies and caught stuff don't have all of those available to them. some are skipped when those pokes are generated, so it isn't possibnle to find them on wild stuff. something would be hacked if, for example, one of the skipped PID-IV sets appeared on a wild poke.