Bug: Caught Pokeball

Moral

Whenever I load my Desmume save into PokeGen, the Pokeball my Pokemon was caught in automatically changed to Dream Ball (for party and box Pokemon alike).

It's just a minor nuisance but I thought you should know.

I'm using version 3.0b13.

Edit: Just did a couple tests with save states. It turned out that the save loaded normally during the first load. But all subsequent load/save after that caused this Dream Ball bug to occur.

This morning, I switched from 3.0b12 to 3.0b13 and the very first thing I did was editing my Zoroark Day Care Location. It worked fine just like normal. Then after an hour of game play, I decided to go into PokeGen and edit one of the Egg. When I load up the save file, all my Pokemon was caught in a Dream Ball.

I loaded the save states that was prior to the switch to 3.0b13 and the same occur. The first editing is always fine, but anything after that receive the bug.

I also tried to manually edit all the Dream Ball to Pokeball and it worked when I load the save in Desmume. But the next time I load it into PokeGen, it turned into Dream ball again.

Lastly, I caught a new Pokemon in the the game in a Pokeball. Save. Load it up into PokeGen. It was caught in a Pokeball. I saved on PokeGen [edited nothing btw]. Load it into Desmume. Save on Desmume. Load the new save on PokeGen. Now, it was caught in a Dream Ball.

I've also attached my current save file.

5214 - Pokemon Black (J).rar

5214 - Pokemon Black (J).rar

I'm getting the same thing now. Weird. Not only is it seemingly randomly applying the Dream Ball to Pokemon data, it's doing it for Pokemon that weren't even re-set to a slot. I'll fix it in the next release, now that I can make it happen.

Edit: Fail... I left some code in that was used for testing. It's forcibly setting the value to 25 (Dream Ball).

Edit2: 3.0b14 is available with a fix for this.