Competitive Pokemon GTS Distribution Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"5. A black box will pop up telling you what IP address to plug into your DS. If the IP is 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1, you need to open a command prompt and type in: "ipconfig"(no quotes) and hit Enter. Your IP address will be listed there in the info that comes up."

I (along with others, I see) get this problem, "set IP to 0.0.0.0". I get my IP from the ipconfig in the command line and plug that in. I connect just fine in the test, but when I go to the GTS it says "Unable to connect to the GTS. Returning to reception counter". It doesn't give an error, I can connect to yours just fine, and my ports are open. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

e: just FYI, party pokemon are fine to send to the box. that works fine. the other way around doesn't work.

Yeah, that's why I put the annotation to always have 6 Pokemon with you. Also, I gave you credit in the Video description.

Yeah, that's why I put the annotation to always have 6 Pokemon with you. Also, I gave you credit in the Video description.

i appreciate it, but to be honest i would more inclined to credit the people who did the research for the gts and rng-ing. they did the work, i just found a good application for it.

"5. A black box will pop up telling you what IP address to plug into your DS. If the IP is 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1, you need to open a command prompt and type in: "ipconfig"(no quotes) and hit Enter. Your IP address will be listed there in the info that comes up."

I (along with others, I see) get this problem, "set IP to 0.0.0.0". I get my IP from the ipconfig in the command line and plug that in. I connect just fine in the test, but when I go to the GTS it says "Unable to connect to the GTS. Returning to reception counter". It doesn't give an error, I can connect to yours just fine, and my ports are open. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

first thing i would do is check to see if anything is using port 80. common culprits are skype, steam, and IIS.

the volume of people that ask this kinda prompts me to think about writing a guide on using netstat -a -o + tskmgr. it would be too confusing for most, though, i think.

e3: thank you spunk!!! i just saw randomspot's edit. i think i'm going to add your whole post into the second post. i'll update it when you do.

Good point. I'll give them credit, and you partial credit. Mind if I put your DNS server in the description?

uhh.. i guess i'll tentatively say that's ok. i'm hesitant because i know what a swarm of people from youtube would do to people trying to download stuff. yeah, go ahead for now. if there's a problem i'll say something.

e: off the bat i'd say mingot, lord landon, wichu(for pikatimer :)), vlad, M@T, shiny jirachi in no particular order. i know there's more, but that's a good start.

e2: better yet, why not just link to the threads??

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?780-GTS-website-research

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?10323-Modified-HyperGTS

I really like the idea of the pokes being normal-colored. I'm not a big fan of shiny ones and I think is a pain in the a** to RNG for them. Sorry for asking again, but would be possible to request for a Non-shiny HeartGold Modest Mewtwo and Kyogre with flawless IV's?? I see there is a Kyogre in the fist page, but is shiny and Timid. If it's a problem, only Mewtwo would be awesome. Cheers for the thread, I'm very grateful with both, Bond697 and Spunk, their pokes are amazing (the shiny ditto rocks for breeding and the shiny shroomish works wonderful for catching in-game). Again, I'm very very grateful with all the hard work on tis thread :creep::cool::grog: