Competitive Pokemon GTS Distribution Thread

sorry if it souded like im being a jerk, im saying/asking this in a nice way, i appreciate Bonds efforts into puttin all this. im new so im just curious what kinds of pokemon im sending to my card, i dont want to ruin it cuz it has all my pokemons from past games, so 1 mistake and all my effort in collecting all that pokemon are screwed. so I dont mean to to imply that im rude or anything, but thats the most straightforward of asking something.

*so please no hard feelings because i wasnt being a jerk when i was asking/writing about the things i said above. :) theres no point of me being being a jerk here, cuz just as randomspot said: "If you don't feel like contributing to the discussion, feel free to keep your thoughts to yourself and don't post. "

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for making a thread like this; I was curious about how I might go about making a Pokemon available to the wider internet. One thing I'm curious about is how a group like The Pokemon Fan Event Center is able to make their events so that a game can only download one of each one? Do sendpkm, IR-GTS or HyperGTS have that ability?

it's possible with a bit of coding. i know there's another version of sendpkm that was developed privately that can send the same poke infinitely and have the number of times to send to the same cart set as a variable. it's either ip-related or maybe TID/SID, as the odds of 2 people having the same one is extremely low.

that said, there's absolutely no reason to restrict downloads like that. people downloading more than once uses almost no bandwidth and doesn't affect them in any way. in the last 4 days(wed until now) i've had twice as many people download stuff as in the last 2.5 months combined. no joke. it hasn't affected anything at all, and there are people in it probably 20 hours a day, sometimes 24. this is especially true in their case, as they only give away 1 poke at a time, not a bunch.

reposts probably aren't going to happen very often due to the large volume of people now using this. i've seen both links to the thread and my ip(looks like this was deleted fast, thankfully) posted on gamefaqs and they're likely other places by now too, so due to the volume of people i would like to minimize reposts to once a month at the most. basically, if you have any semblance of wifi or anyone you know has wifi, do it yourself unless you don't mind waiting a while.

i don't mean to be a dick, but there are already a lot more people than i expected, so i'm trying to keep order at least somewhat with what goes up, etc.

after i download sendpkm what is hould do to get the pkmn

You don't need sendpkm to download the poke.. Basically here's what you need to do:

- Edit your DS wifi settings (the one you currently use to connect) from the title menu

- Change "Auto DNS" option to "No"

- Put in the "GTS server address" on the 1st page to your "Primary DNS" slot -> 71.234.197.162

- Save settings

- Go to GTS in-game and just connect, you will download one automatically

- Keep going into GTS to download different poke (will follow the list respectively)

- If you missed any of them, just keep downloading, you will eventually got it

but how can i get them i should use sendpkm and how? thank you

If you're using a flashcart, try pokesav.. If you want to get those poke in your original game cart with sendpkm, here's the guide from the 1st page:

How to use sendpkm:

1. Download and install Python at the link above.

2. Download and extract sendpkm from the listing above.

3. Move the .pkm file you want to distribute into the folder with sendpkm

4. Drag the .pkm file onto "sendpkm.py"

5. A black box will pop up telling you what IP address to plug into your DS. If the IP is 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1, you need to open a command prompt and type in: "ipconfig"(no quotes) and hit Enter. Your IP address will be listed there in the info that comes up.

6. Plug that IP into your DS and visit the GTS. Enter as normal and the game will download a pokemon and deposit it into the first available slot in the box you have selected.

7. To enter the normal GTS again, simply set your DS' wireless to automatically acquire a DNS server again.

It should be pretty clear..

It isn't really leaking when the forums can be publicly viewed without an account.

first of all dont report me because i didnt say anything bad. im only tryin to help bond by telling people who have little brains to stop spreading his work on other websites. Now, because of them, he'll only do the distribution once a month! although i can wait a month, its still annoying that people spread his work.

If i did create this thread, i wouldnt want people to spread it inappropriately without my permission, i know its different for every people, but people who are gonna spread this must ask if they can because we all know this isnt easy.

:P bleh!

first of all dont report me because i didnt say anything bad. im only tryin to help bond by telling people who have little brains to stop spreading his work on other websites. Now, because of them, he'll only do the distribution once a month! although i can wait a month, its still annoying that people spread his work.

If i did create this thread, i wouldnt want people to spread it inappropriately without my permission, i know its different for every people, but people who are gonna spread this must ask if they can because we all know this isnt easy.

:P bleh!

You might want to re-read those in the bold before he flames you again :)

reposts probably aren't going to happen very often due to the large volume of people now using this. i've seen both links to the thread and my ip(looks like this was deleted fast, thankfully) posted on gamefaqs and they're likely other places by now too, so due to the volume of people i would like to minimize reposts to once a month at the most. basically, if you have any semblance of wifi or anyone you know has wifi, do it yourself unless you don't mind waiting a while.

i don't mean to be a dick, but there are already a lot more people than i expected, so i'm trying to keep order at least somewhat with what goes up, etc.

Oh I thought you meant the distribution will only be once a month instead of a week, my bad.. Well repost won't happen much anyway, there are still a lot of different pokemon to giveaway :)

we all dont want distribution to be once a month. but im sure, if people started to spread his work or make it complicated for bond, it wont be just the repost and distibution that will be affected. thats why im just saying to poeple to keep this thread here, because he said in his previous post this thread and his IP are being spread on other forums.

i don't care about permission or anything like that. i'd prefer it if people came here and read the OP before downloading, that's why i'd like it if the link were shared, not my ip. obviously i can't stop anyone from doing what they want, nor do i really care to- i didn't mark the gfaqs thread, someone else apparently did. reposts of old stuff once a month or less would happen whether or not other sites were coming here or whatever. i don't want to do them because there are a LOT of people downloading now and i'd like to keep getting new stuff out instead of doing repeats.

also, randomspot is a super mod so he doesn't need to report you. :)

e: the more people that want to download, the better as far as i'm concerned. hypergts is holding up without a sweat regardless of how many people connect, so there's no problems so long as people don't mind trying a few times to get everything/what they want.

e2: people are welcome to spread "my work" as much as they want, really. it's in bold at the top of the OP. :)

e3: there are literally hundreds to give out still.