PPTXT: Text editing tool

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To translate the graphics? PPTXT is for text but for translate grapichs? Example : "Autumn" or "title screen"?

Thanks and sorry for english ^^

PPTX is for a/0/0/2 and a/0/0/3 text only. for graphics is using crystaltile2... or tinke ... since image format is ncgr/nclr/and related is not text based.

Hello! Im pretty new to project pokemon, but I was thinking something:

I know we can't use google translator, but how about we use that as a template, and translate the rest on our own?

I would help translate, but i don't speak japanese. xD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
OK, so does anyone have a step by step guide to locating the trainer names (including people like Shauntal) then editing them?

I have discovered something.

To those still editing Black/White 1, I've figured out how to find the trainer's names you're looking for.

In PPTXT, open 2.narc (or whatever you named it) and go to file 190. You'll see all the encrypted stuff.

Now open up BWTE (get it from Kazo's Tools) and load up the trdata and the trpoke folders.

The number next to each trainer's name in BWTE correlates with the line number of the encrypted stuff in PPTXT.

This took me forever to figure out, haha. :D

You're welcome to all who needed this info.

a/0/0/2 + a/0/0/3

2.narc:

89 - Edit Towns/routes

176 - Mugshot text (match trainer numbers in BWTE to line number in 190 to find names, match names to those here)

189 - Edit text of what trainers say in battle and right afterwards

190 - Edit trainer names (line number correlates with those in BWTE)

3.narc:

Storyline text!!! :D Have fun with that.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I've got a major difficulty here. And if I can surmount it, it's going to save me hours, if not days of work.

So when I view the text inside PPTXT, it's perfectly separated in to lines based on individual vocab or sentences. This is exactly what I need, and my heart skipped a beat when I saw this. Unfortunately, when I export it, it exports into a text file with no new lines. So it all becomes a one or two line mess of Japanese text, which I need to place new lines in all over again. There's no telling how long that will take me.

Isn't there a way to export the text the way it is. Separated by line? I would be soooo greatful if somebody could point me in the right direction to getting this done. I'm trying to make a spreadsheet with every bit of vocab and every sentence so I can study them in preparation for playing the games in Japanese. I've spent days on this so far, but if I could just get it to export the way it shows it in PPTXT then it might only take me a few more hours!

Are you using Notepad? If so, use Wordpad or something similar. There's a chance PPTXT isn't separating lines the exact way used in Windows.

(Windows uses a Carriage Return and a Line Feed, if you use one or the other, line breaks won't display properly in Notepad but will in some other text editors.)

If not, which text editor are you using?

Are you using Notepad? If so, use Wordpad or something similar. There's a chance PPTXT isn't separating lines the exact way used in Windows.

(Windows uses a Carriage Return and a Line Feed, if you use one or the other, line breaks won't display properly in Notepad but will in some other text editors.)

If not, which text editor are you using?

Thanks. After seeing your reply I tried Notepad++ and it worked perfect. I should have tried that from the start xD

Another question though. Anybody know what \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 points to? I'm pretty sure that \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000 is the player yeah? But \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001?... No clue.

Seems like it MIGHT have something to do with your party judging from the context I'm seeing it in:

隊員ランクって 知ってる? あ Bランクの\xfffe\xf000Ā\x0001\x0001隊員 Bランクまで アップしたんだ\xfffeがんばってるみたいだね ランクが 上がったら\xfffe新しい 依頼も 増えるから 隊長に 話しててみるといいよ

隊員ランクって 知ってる? あ Aランクの\xfffe\xf000Ā\x0001\x0001隊員 もうAランク隊員なんだね\xfffeすごいな…… オレも がんばって 調査しないと! Aランクの 依頼は 難しいらしいから\xfffeがんばって 調査してね!

隊員ランクって 知ってる? ……って Sランクの\xfffe\xf000Ā\x0001\x0001隊員! あと少しで 最高の\xfffeSSランク隊員ですね! オレ 応援しています!\xfffeがんばってください!!

隊員ランクって 知ってる? ……って SSランクの\xfffe\xf000Ā\x0001\x0001隊員! 失礼しました! オレも 少しでも ランクが\xfffe上がるように がんばります!

Could it be the first member of your party, presumably with the second slot residing at \xf000Ā\x0001\x0002 ? That'd be my guess.

Edited by NinKenDo
Added question.

Woops, that's weird. I was misreading it and thinking it was \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 for some reason. =\

NVM, they're actually different. I meant: \xf000Ȃ\x0001\x0000 etc.

トレインナンバーを いれてください(01ー\xf000Ȃ\x0001\x0000)
トレインナンバーを いれてください(001ー\xf000Ȃ\x0001\x0000)
L\xf000Ȃ\x0001\x0000
みつかったかず \xf000Ȃ\x0001\x0000

Usually those X to Y contexts from what I can tell. So it must be a number.

Those A^ ones are text variables set by ingame scripts.

depending on the context, it can be a species name or your trainer name (or something else dynamic) -- it's all in the context :P

So depending on the context it can point to a completely different variable?

\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000 - Trainer Name

Does this mean player or foe trainer?

I made this to try and keep track of things. If anybody has any corrections or additions, please let me know, especially regarding the pointers under "Unknown".

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GuLk81aNxauHEfUG1HWEJi5ovg0LzhZuH1zH43Y5kKM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by NinKenDo

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Hi, New to the site and New to use this Program. First off thank you, It was very useful. I Only Wanted to know if there was a way to change the Names of the random Trainers. Not the titles Like " Youngster" But The Names Like "Joey" Thank you In advance

May be it is too late, but anyway (=

Yes, you can edit random trainer name. As mentioned above, in PW trainers names stored in file a/0/0/2/190, but in PW2 they stored in a/0/0/2/382. File contains 814 lines, every line contains trainer name. In program "BWTE 2" you can see each trainer ID. The line corresponding to trainer is ID + 1.