[NOT WORKING] Use the PokeShifter/Transfer Machine with your English D/P/Pt/HG/SS!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pictures are attached to this post. Apologies for the blurriness; I now know that I do not have a steady hand :P

Thanks, I'll have a look.

same errors as everyone else with a japanese diamond

Japanese diamond? If you have a Japanese diamond there's no need to go through any of this, the region lock wouldn't apply.

Ok, I just checked. I am not getting the exact same error. The message has a 6 in it. Im not sure if it means im supposed to have 6 pokemon in my party or not, but I've been trying different combinations. Ill take some pictures if nobody knows the error I have.

Edit: here are the images

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/imag0053jk.jpg/

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/imag0054vk.jpg/

Edited by jk102393

The pictures are attached to this post. Apologies for the blurriness; I now know that I do not have a steady hand :P

Your problem: It says the game cartridge isn't correct and you should start over and try again with a correct cartridge. Also, your third picture is flipped horizontally...

Ok, I just checked. I am not getting the exact same error. The message has a 6 in it. Im not sure if it means im supposed to have 6 pokemon in my party or not, but I've been trying different combinations. Ill take some pictures if nobody knows the error I have.

Your problem: You don't have six pokemon on your game that can be caught with the Poke Shifter.

Thanks a ton Guested.

Your problem: It says the game cartridge isn't correct and you should start over and try again with a correct cartridge. Also, your third picture is flipped horizontally...

This is the one I was afraid of. Sounds like my edits didn't have the desired effect, which sucks because I don't know what else to change.

Don't have the files or programs on this computer at the moment, but the arm9 instruction binary is LZ-encrypted. I have been able to decrypt and reencrypt the arm9 with the J's changed to E. Yet, as already stated, the only (apparent) problem is the RSA signature-- something of which i cannot change, and will keep crashing the client DS.

Hope to get some help.

Running a Black Rom (English-patched) on DSI LL (Acekard 2i) with a Retail JPN HeartGold on DS Lite.

Trying to use PokeShifter. Able to get the Download Play working, download the remote app, and then it doesn't connect and I get this message

37178_10150293563385298_734675297_15582618_4275591_n.jpg

I assume the message says something along the lines of "Unable to connect" but anyone have any ideas?

The nuance is more like "failed at connecting."

It's most likely not referring to the Download Play download, but the connection that is happening between the BW game and the Download Play program.

If you haven't noticed... this hasn't worked yet. So unless you're trying something new, you're probably not going to have much luck.

Don't have the files or programs on this computer at the moment, but the arm9 instruction binary is LZ-encrypted. I have been able to decrypt and reencrypt the arm9 with the J's changed to E. Yet, as already stated, the only (apparent) problem is the RSA signature-- something of which i cannot change, and will keep crashing the client DS.

The arm9 edits are exactly what I did with this patch. The flashing has to be done to remove the RSA check from the DS's firmware. In theory it should work fine but I guess it's not just a matter of changing letters around anymore as it was with the Pal Park.

Hope to get some help.

Running a Black Rom (English-patched) on DSI LL (Acekard 2i) with a Retail JPN HeartGold on DS Lite.

Trying to use PokeShifter. Able to get the Download Play working, download the remote app, and then it doesn't connect and I get this message

I assume the message says something along the lines of "Unable to connect" but anyone have any ideas?

The current (v2) version of the English-patched ROM will most likely fail when trying to connect to a Japanese game because of the edits I made. Kaarosu should be reverting it in the next release, but for now you can try going back to an earlier version of the patch.

Correct. i really don't have any idea how to get it working, so pending some breakthrough, don't expect any new updates of the patch to work.

Well, thanks for all your hard work.

Edited by Antar
Reread the whole thread. Question answered.

• 3 weeks later...

Along the same lines of my reply to your PM...

Considering I don't really understand ARM code (for lack of trying mostly) I have my doubts that they would serve much more purpose to me then a hex editor. At any rate, in the past it's been as simple as finding a game ID (ex CPUE for English Platinum) and modifying it to the English/whatever language equivalent. Even though I was working with arm9 code all I had to find and edit was a string which, as far as I know, always shows up in plain ASCII in the arm9.

• 2 months later...

Hey i'm having similar problems and i'm just trying to see if anyone here can kinda, help me -___-

So i have two R4 cards, and two ds systems (one is the 1st gen and the other is a DS Lite)

One has various games including the Pokemon Black Rom, besides the fact that it was EXP patch, i don't know much about it...

The other has only one game, and that's a Pokemon Soul Silver Rom (its also japanese). I just started the game because i only have a handful of pokemon i would like to transfer.

So when I go to the pokeshifter facility on route 15, i do all the required stuff, save, and give off the download play thing.

My other ds with only soul silver in it responds normally and downloads the black version.

I then get a message on the ds that downloaded the Black. The only way for me to progress from the message is to actually touch the message itself. After touching the message, the ds running pokemon black will boot me out of the pokeshifter mode and i'm infront of the scientist once again.

Can someone help me out? give me some answers? Perhaps pokeshifter doesn't work with R4 cards?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :]

The client DS has to have a legitimate retail copy of D/P/Pt/HG/SS; there never was a (attempted) workaround for that and there never will be. This patch was designed to work around the region lock but it doesn't work and as of now the region of D/P/Pt/HG/SS must match the region of B/W.

This whole similar region is probably an advanced prevention for when the Korean B/W comes out, and to protect all other B/W languages from Korean DPPtHGSS games.

Basically to prevent transferring from/to Korean language games.

I doubt it. They did it with the Pal Park last gen for no apparent reason. (The GBA games were never released in Korean.)