Pokemon Black PokeShifter Fix Project

Steveice10

I'll need to know what info I need to change, which file it's in, what offset it's at, and what I need to change it to.

Sounds more like you want someone else to make a fix, because with all that information they certainly could. There's nothing wrong with wanting that but you should really just come out and say it.

Anyway, what kind of fix are we talking about? One to get around the region lock or one to allow the client to use a flashcard? The region lock I've already figured out, but with the amount of effort it takes people would probably be better off just using a save editor. As for the flashcard problem, there will probably never be a fix for that. The issue is that the PokeShifter isn't communicating with a game that's already running; it actually doesn't communicate at all. It downloads itself to the client DS and tries to load the save of whatever is in slot 1. In the case of flashcard users, there is no save to load. The save exists on the flashcard's SD yes, but without the flashcard actively running the PokeShifter has no way of getting to it. With save editors being a "good enough" alternative I don't see any effort being spent on a workaround.

From what I'm seeing from my assortment of pokeshifted pkms it doesn't appear as if there is a trashbytes algorithm, so a synthetic shifting program would be pretty simple once the OT/nick font change is pinned down. Bytes are dropped and replaced, and added, nothing really special happens!

Keep up the good work soneek :)

(still won't replace the real thing)

I meant the region lock.

My method of circumventing the region lock requires people to flash their DS's firmware, hence what I was saying earlier about people being better off using a save editor (or better yet, something like kaphotics just described). If you're still interested let me know and I'll put up a thread on how to do it.

EDIT: Well I recieved a PM withing 30 minutes of my posting this. Guess this warrants a thread. Just give me some time to prepare it; might be a day or so.