black / white Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

Im have now 50% completed translating 38 but no idea what this means:

The Shippuo しょうぶとちしきを たんきゅうできる はくぶつかんです lol

Ill update git with what i have k.

Edit: Its シッポウジムは 勝負と知識を 探求できる 博物館です in kanji:-)

i think the hiragana mentions baseball and kanji mentions restaurant/meal or something.

Doesn't matter, I'll try agin later.

Bye for now ruin.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shippou Gym しょうぶとちしきを たんきゅうできる はくぶつかんです lol

I'll keep that in my to do list, I'm about to leave. I'll use my japanese table to figure it out. At glance it looks like something about baseball. lol

for anyone who needs help decoding this stuff I can make up a Kanji ruleset table. There are 3 forms of Japanese. Hiragana, Kanji, and Japanese with roman letters is Romaji

I have the entire Kanji rules from "My japanese coach DS" Figuring out the Kanji also solves Hiragana, simply because it means the same thing in english....eh it's confusing..I'll just do it to show ya folks. Uh, one last edit

Kanji decoded...Ok I bought some time..you can even use google translate in this form

う=u which is u

く=ku which is please

き=Gi which is come

と=to which is and

しょうぶとちしきを たんきゅうできる はくぶつかんです

u to gi gi ku

If you decode it and it makes no sense, note that japanese have a different structure for there sentences, they are practically backwards!

you do all that you get it in Romaji. From there...simply either look on the internet for bits of romaji...for example Watashi is I and ii=good iie=no...ugh later....gotta go grr

Good enough example...ugh. I really gotta go I hate leaving stuff unfinished!

scratch that, we're working with Kanji...my bad thats after Kana, I went to far forward...

i think the hiragana mentions baseball and kanji mentions restaurant/meal or something.

Bye for now ruin.

yeah, I was just about to say that, they are completely different. One is about a musuem...is that a text in the Museum with a gym?

Edit. I got my self time, my gf is on the phone hahahha yes! lol

I'm getting a weird error when I try to teach Cheer Up to a pokemon with four moves in Black. When I get to "Should you replace a move with" etc etc, it trails off into a line of ????? and random symbols (it was different each time I tried it) that get cut off the screen and freezes the message box, but the game/sound is still running and you're forced to switch off the DS. This isn't happening with Cut, strangely. Sorry if this has been brought up already.

Using a R4, if that matters.

Edit: The Yes/No prompt appeared after a few minutes. Seems like it was waiting for all the gibberish that was cut off the screen to finish.

I'm getting a weird error when I try to teach Cheer Up to a pokemon with four moves in Black. When I get to "Should you replace a move with" etc etc, it trails off into a line of ????? and random symbols (it was different each time I tried it) that get cut off the screen and freezes the message box, but the game/sound is still running and you're forced to switch off the DS. This isn't happening with Cut, strangely. Sorry if this has been brought up already.

Using a R4, if that matters.

Edit: The Yes/No prompt appeared after a few minutes. Seems like it was waiting for all the gibberish that was cut off the screen to finish.

Fixed for v3.

Nintendo probably filters the names out, if thats the case it's not possible.

If I remember right 5 characters is the limit with character names. So if it has more than that it may block you too. I'd check to see if thats what is scanned and not the pokemon. Pokemon have smaller limit as well in Japan, so they could filter both.

/////////////////////////////Gone Tomorrow\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Hey guys, I will be gone tomorrow :(

If anyone can translate the save dialog when you attempt to save when already save file exists, I'd be appreicated. Also when you wipe out/defeated the Nurse speaks in japanese, or at least the first time you faint that I know of.

I can confirm that it must be pokemon with Japanese names, otherwise it will kick you off of wifi.( Pokemon must also only have a range of 3 - 6 levels between them)

I found a fix for the shop dialog error.

You know where it goes like "Welcome!" "Welcome!"?

Can be fixed by replacing "Welcome!/x

" by " " (nothing more or less then a space.)

You can find that tekst in the 2nd Pokémart file (they're after each other.)

What it does is it slows down the normal "Welcome" message by 0.001 Miliseconds for typing only the " ".

You can't tell the difference :)

when is v5 going to be released???????? jklol (<---counts as one sentence)

i didnt see this mentioned anywhere in the forums so idk if you guys caught it yet but i opened the pc in pokemon center and my game froze up

edit: no wait nevermind ignore this, i guess i mustve just hit the card and it kinda popped out lol my bad

Bye for now ruin.

The Shippou Gym is a museum where you can explore battle and knowledge.

shyoubu = game/battle

chishiki = knowledge

tankyou = explore

hakubutsukan = museum

I found a fix for the shop dialog error.

You know where it goes like "Welcome!" "Welcome!"?

Can be fixed by replacing "Welcome!/x

" by " " (nothing more or less then a space.)

You can find that tekst in the 2nd Pokémart file (they're after each other.)

What it does is it slows down the normal "Welcome" message by 0.001 Miliseconds for typing only the " ".

You can't tell the difference :)

I wouldn't really call that an error (as the original pokemart message spreads out over two boxes like in the translation), just that the person that handled the PokeMart translation didn't know what the word meant so they just used the word "Welcome" twice to save some trouble (unless you're talking about something else)?

I have a question about V3. I remember that in the old beta when teaching a pokemon a new move, the dialog that appears would be spread out over two text boxes instead of three. As dumb as this is going to sound, but now that the whole TM issue has been fixed, is the dialog spread out over three text boxes or is it still confined to two?

I can post a screenshot to show you what I mean.

I wouldn't really call that an error, just that the person that handled the PokeMart translation didn't know what the word meant so they just used the word "Welcome" twice to save some trouble.

I have already tested this is real rom-like playing.

It gives no errors, buggs, typos or anything at all.