Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I got to play the translated pokemon black on the Desmume, but the game either translated or clean, is not working on my NDS (I use R4 revolution).

Is pokemon black really compatible with the R4? Or I have to update it, or something?

Haven't seen an answer to the question yet, so I'll ask it too.

Are you guys going to use the full story translation that someone released?

I was swamped with school work yesterday and come back to find this, just awesome. Anyone know the author of the text file? Also for those of you asking when it will be ready take into consideration that yes that is the full story. But it lacks formatting (line breaks / variables / etc) so it will take some time since it's not as easy as just copy and pasting things in. Major props to whoever the author of the file is though!

oh man that was only 4 pages back...

digging less than 4 more pages backwards....

Maybe help us?...You mean DEFINITELY HELP!!! Epic win right there. Now we just gotta make sure we place everything correctly and we'll be good to go!

S***...that's an awesoome translation.

We've gotten most of the stuff that you're doing now already done. And your translation is really useful, so we're gonna insert them in the right places. I've done some already.

bpokemonwpatchedv3beta4.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta5.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta3.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta0.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta3.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta0.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta0.png

You'll definitely be getting credit in the game somewhere. We'll probably have your translation for the main story inserted within a few days, and then we need to work on NPC's. I've gotten almost all of the important non-story characters done, like the Daycare, Move Deleter, Name Rater, Trade Gift guy, Move Relearner, Berry Clown, we've gotten most of that stuff done, but not too much of the actual story.

hey NSS your help for translation was great i could translate the options,trainer names and all

i got two questions 1) need help story translation how do you do that???

2)Regarding space in translation is there a limit in the words???

Edited by twilightdan
Typos

I have a Bit of a Problem.

During the beginning of the game, Professer Araragi gives you an item. it says (Characters Name)- and then a bunch of Japanese saying somethign along the lines of you receiving something.

Also, When you meet up with Cheren and Belle, and they ask you if you caught a pokemon, The entire cutscene becomes japanese, including the Chat in the C-Caster.

Anyone know what they are saying?

Side note: After the C Caster conversation, and you go to see Professor Araragi, she speaks in English again.

Side note 2: Again, after you Defeat N in your first meeting, He speaks Japanese again.

I have a Bit of a Problem.

During the beginning of the game, Professer Araragi gives you an item. it says (Characters Name)- and then a bunch of Japanese saying somethign along the lines of you receiving something.

Also, When you meet up with Cheren and Belle, and they ask you if you caught a pokemon, The entire cutscene becomes japanese, including the Chat in the C-Caster.

Anyone know what they are saying?

Side note: After the C Caster conversation, and you go to see Professor Araragi, she speaks in English again.

Side note 2: Again, after you Defeat N in your first meeting, He speaks Japanese again.

It wasn't included in the v3 patch. It will be in v4.

Alright guys N's Castle is almost complete. It's just those random rooms that aren't translated, but now I'm going through Hiun City.

@NSSVelocity

How far were you able to get with inserting the script?

At the end of town one. Been mostly figuring out script codes, which I pushed into the Main Git.

At the end of town one. Been mostly figuring out script codes, which I pushed into the Main Git.

Alright cool. After I finish Hiun, I'll just move towards the next city since I don't feel like starting a new game again. But ugh this stuff gives you headaches :bidoof:

Hey guys, I found on a forum apparently, some guy translated the whole story. I was wondering if you could include this in ur next patch

http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/BlackAndWhite.txt

It's not official but by the looks of it, its most or all of the story

P.s apparently, they have the unofficial english names too, so the english names were used in the translation if your wondering

Unofficial English pokemon names:

http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/blackandwhite.htm

I know it's not done, but for those interested I have made an unofficial white patch that contains everything needed to take a clean pokemon white dump and make it exp patched, logo change, and the current repo's translation. I don't own pokemon black, so I can't make a patch for that at the moment. If anyone wants me to make another for them at a later date, just let me know. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL V4 RELEASE, THIS IS JUST THE CURRENT STATE OF THE PROJECT! POKEMON WHITE CLEAN DUMPS ONLY!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mozkzg464zycfo6

I know it's not done, but for those interested I have made an unofficial white patch that contains everything needed to take a clean pokemon white dump and make it exp patched, logo change, and the current repo's translation. I don't own pokemon black, so I can't make a patch for that at the moment. If anyone wants me to make another for them at a later date, just let me know. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL V4 RELEASE, THIS IS JUST THE CURRENT STATE OF THE PROJECT! POKEMON WHITE CLEAN DUMPS ONLY!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mozkzg464zycfo6

is this different to Kaarosu's v3?

To those having trouble trading in the gts with 5th gen pokers. All the older gens go through without a problem. If you want to trade 5th gen in the gts. Just go to the name rater in Hiun city and change the name to something in kanji and under 6 letters/numbers. I renamed my Miruhoggu with three mystery letters (to me anyway) and it went through. Sorry if this has already been resolved. Im just not that motivated to search through this huge thread for little things.

Oh, more up to date translations. I got the translations from the git repos and they are as current as can be! I can now read what people are saying in many more places, so thought I would share. Sorry I was half asleep when posting

EDIT: I have also combined the anti-piracy patch and the logo from the front page into this so you can apply it to a clean rom and just play.