Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so with this somehow translated text file, we can have a 100% completed game very soon??

i think this is just the storyline.

so random route trainers will have to still be translated and theres still alot of bugs and stuff there working out and spelling corrections.

but this is a major breakthrough =] it made me have a nerdgasm!

On my way to Liberty Island, the captain of the ship said something like: "Perfect timing, we were just about to leave\xf000븁"

Also, battling a Minezumi, it uses Detect, and it says "The Foe's Minezumi Protected itself!x" Random x after the exclamation mark.

Just fixed the captain error. And yeah we'll still need to work on the random trainers, so I think it would be good to input this entire script, and then work with whatever is left.

OMFG I'm doing the end of the main story and this **** is amazing. You guys are gonna be in major shock when you play through this!!!

Just fixed the captain error. And yeah we'll still need to work on the random trainers, so I think it would be good to input this entire script, and then work with whatever is left.

OMFG I'm doing the end of the main story and this **** is amazing. You guys are gonna be in major shock when you play through this!!!

ive played both black and white in jap,and i realy cant wait to play through the events as well in english.if anyone goes to the hidden forest,could they translate the zorark event using the translation which we got today?oh and as well on the battling sequence when i use fire oath and grass oath together,tthe first part is english and it says waiting for pokemon,then next it syas all of it in jap,could you fix that for them?

Just fixed the captain error.

sweeeet, you guys are awesome. :D

And yeah we'll still need to work on the random trainers, so I think it would be good to input this entire script, and then work with whatever is left.

oh alright, I thought you changed one move description, and it's changed regardless of who you were battling.

oh alright, I thought you changed one move description, and it's changed regardless of who you were battling.

Sorry I meant about what they say when they challenge you, when they lose, and what they say after you battled them. I'm not talking about move descriptions or anything.

The closest I have is when I beat the last leader. You're going to have to do the victory road and battles before it first (I think).

Edit - Seems I was wrong, it's your lucky day.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gi2p7q

Thanks so much! And thanks for finding that script! It's really gonna speed up progress here. I'll be sure to make a reference to you somewhere in the game. Probably somehwere random lol

I'd like to offer my services as a grammar and spelling checker and editor for the dialogue.

I just downloaded the newest patch, having only had V1 before, and restarted the game to see the beginning in English. The sheer level of typos and general problems of the story dialogue just confounded me. It didn't flow, and just sounded... bad. However, rather than whining and bitching about the whole thing, I simply decided to offer to help.

I know I'm a newbie. In fact, I only just created an account for this sole purpose. Not only this, I know absolutely nothing about the actual ROM hacking process. This probably puts me at a disadvantage, and makes me seem like just some random loser. Really, I can't edit the text itself in-game at all.

However, give me a rough translation in text, and I can very easily write some dialogue to replace it with, for those who CAN input it to fix.

I even saw the more recent translation link a page or so ago, and while that could also be very helpful for the main story, any non-story dialogue seems to be left pretty much as-is. I can help with that too.

If any of the actual hackers here are interested, hit me up with a PM. I can promise you won't be disappointed.

While browsing BulbaGarden, I found a thread that supposedly has the full script for in game dialog for black / white translated.

http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/BlackAndWhite.txt

I decided to skim through this and it seems to cover everything and looks good. Maybe this could help you guys in some way.

I have to got to give you SOOOO much thanks

Thats is the single greatest fine yet

Hopefully it means the translation will go a bit faster (not like you guys aren't already doing a great job)

Great find man

While browsing BulbaGarden, I found a thread that supposedly has the full script for in game dialog for black / white translated.

http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/BlackAndWhite.txt

I decided to skim through this and it seems to cover everything and looks good. Maybe this could help you guys in some way.

oh wow you are a genious for finding this!! you must have a PhD in awesome!! Dr. Awesome!!!

Hi, I'm the guy who made the full story translation. (By the way, I just made a version with Romanji names and linked it at the top of the original, if anyone wanted that.)

I've been working on my own English patch (including NPCs and such) based on version 3 of the menu patch. I've done almost everything (except some trainers on Route 3) up to the N fight before gym 2, although there are things like accessing PCs, using Cut, etc. which I haven't been able to find. If you guys are interested in using my translation, what do you think would be the best way to cooperate on this?

Hi, I'm the guy who made the full story translation. (By the way, I just made a version with Romanji names and linked it at the top of the original, if anyone wanted that.)

I've been working on my own English patch (including NPCs and such) based on version 3 of the menu patch. I've done almost everything (except some trainers on Route 3) up to the N fight before gym 2, although there are things like accessing PCs, using Cut, etc. which I haven't been able to find. If you guys are interested in using my translation, what do you think would be the best way to cooperate on this?

We've gotten most of the stuff that you're doing now already done. And your translation is really useful, so we're gonna insert them in the right places. I've done some already.

bpokemonwpatchedv3beta4.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta5.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta3.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta0.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta3.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta0.pngbpokemonwpatchedv3beta0.png

You'll definitely be getting credit in the game somewhere. We'll probably have your translation for the main story inserted within a few days, and then we need to work on NPC's. I've gotten almost all of the important non-story characters done, like the Daycare, Move Deleter, Name Rater, Trade Gift guy, Move Relearner, Berry Clown, we've gotten most of that stuff done, but not too much of the actual story.

I'd like to offer my services as a grammar and spelling checker and editor for the dialogue.

I just downloaded the newest patch, having only had V1 before, and restarted the game to see the beginning in English. The sheer level of typos and general problems of the story dialogue just confounded me. It didn't flow, and just sounded... bad. However, rather than whining and bitching about the whole thing, I simply decided to offer to help.

I know I'm a newbie. In fact, I only just created an account for this sole purpose. Not only this, I know absolutely nothing about the actual ROM hacking process. This probably puts me at a disadvantage, and makes me seem like just some random loser. Really, I can't edit the text itself in-game at all.

However, give me a rough translation in text, and I can very easily write some dialogue to replace it with, for those who CAN input it to fix.

I even saw the more recent translation link a page or so ago, and while that could also be very helpful for the main story, any non-story dialogue seems to be left pretty much as-is. I can help with that too.

If any of the actual hackers here are interested, hit me up with a PM. I can promise you won't be disappointed.

I agree with Makoto. The grammar in some portions is just horrid. if possible, i'd also love to help edit the text.