Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it would be illegal for us to aid in piracy.

But isn't it also illegal what we're doing here? I mean, Nintendo would rage if they found out about fans translating their game faster than the official team. (Even though I could care less since I support you guys, but just sayin' :P)

It'll be released around March, and by how things are coming along, I say there will be a full release by late December or early January.

Thats pretty impressive, of corse this version will be 10 times more awesome then the standard though

But isn't it also illegal what we're doing here? I mean, Nintendo would rage if they found out about fans translating their game faster than the official team. (Even though I could care less since I support you guys, but just sayin' :P)

And what makes you think they don't know? One, they're not idiots, and two, this isn't exactly hard to find, or hidden in any way.

And what makes you think they don't know? One, they're not idiots, and two, this isn't exactly hard to find, or hidden in any way.

Translating a game isn't illegal and I'm sure Nintendo knows about it like you said. It's under the "Fair use" law if I do believe.

I doubt that they would do anything about this or even know about this, I mean why would they even search for it?

Because they're a huge corporation, with thousands of employees, and they like to get paid. They're obviously going to keep tabs on anything that might cause them to make less money, like a translation.

Sony keeps very close tabs on the PSP hacking scene, and I'm sure Nintendo does the same for the DS.

Translating a game isn't illegal and I'm sure Nintendo knows about it like you said. It's under the "Fair use" law if I do believe.

I don't know if it's illegal or not, but I do know that many a translation project has been shut down by a cease and desist letter from a corporation.

I don't know if it's illegal or not, but I do know that many a translation project has been shut down by a cease and desist letter from a corporation.
Like how they did with Serebii.net and Pokébeach, which to this day was stupid of them since they were basically giving free advertisement.

Because they're a huge corporation, with thousands of employees, and they like to get paid. They're obviously going to keep tabs on anything that might cause them to make less money, like a translation.

Sony keeps very close tabs on the PSP hacking scene, and I'm sure Nintendo does the same for the DS.

Sounds like they get pretty serious, but maybe they choose to do nothing as they think it might promote the game, i.e. if people download the game and play the translated version they may be more convinced to buy the real one

Like how they did with Serebii.net and Pokébeach, which to this day was stupid of them since they were basically giving free advertisement.

i know right?

also i dont know about you guys but even though these will be translated im still buying both black and white when they come out in english.

i know right?

also i dont know about you guys but even though these will be translated im still buying both black and white when they come out in english.

Same here, I want to compare between translations and come up with a "who did a better job" conclusion. So far, I'm loving the fan translation.

It'll be released around March, and by how things are coming along, I say there will be a full release by late December or early January.

Yeah i agree with you at the rate at which translations are going the final crisp version should be out before the official :)

i know right?

Even though i would have finished the game a couple of time by then i will buy it just to add it to my collection of games

Yeah i agree with you at the rate at which translations are going the final crisp version should be out before the official :)
Hopefully it will, these guys are working their butts off daily on this game translation, so they have my full respect and support.
262,144KB is exactly 256MB. ;p
I lol'd.

Lol i just realised that aswell, anyway I was wondering I have a childs play patch thing, the file is classed as an application, and when I drag my rom into that application it just produces a BAK files what is invisible on r4 wood could anyone help me out on this, also when i patch the clean rom with the v3 the size stays the same and the when I play it all the pokemons names are in japanese.