Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an error regarding the ability Frisk..once it activates, it says "The wild [Pokemon name] [item name] is unusual", so for example "The wild Gochimu Quick Claw is unusual".

Edit:You mean its supposed to be:The wild Gochimu's Quick Claw is unusual ok ill change it for v4

Before:

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 \xfffe\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 is unusual!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 \xfffe\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 is unusual!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 \xfffe\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 is unusual!

After:

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000's \xfffe\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 is unusual!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000's \xfffe\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 is unusual!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 \xfffe\xf000ĉ\x0001\x0001 is unusual!

@Rykin

OK gotcha

Since the links for Issue/Typo report a few pages back doesn't work I'd ask for the correct ones pls.

For now, I'll tell you what I've found so far (sorry for the big pictures..) :

* The inbattle texts for 'Volt Change' and 'U-Turn' are wrong. They say "[Pokemons name]'s [Trainers name] went back to normal!" (names twisted // wrong textl)

foto0005m.jpg

* When trying to store last pokemon in box it says "Pokemon will not fight."

foto0003kf.jpg

* Minor thing, maybe you haven't even thought about doing it // you don't even want to do this. The Help part at the PC is still fully japanese. I guess at least translating the C-Gear part could be helpful for many people.

foto0004a.jpg

Since the links for Issue/Typo report a few pages back doesn't work I'd ask for the correct ones pls.

For now, I'll tell you what I've found so far (sorry for the big pictures..) :

* The inbattle texts for 'Volt Change' and 'U-Turn' are wrong. They say "[Pokemons name]'s [Trainers name] went back to normal!" (names twisted // wrong textl)

foto0005m.jpg

* When trying to store last pokemon in box it says "Pokemon will not fight."

foto0003kf.jpg

* Minor thing, maybe you haven't even thought about doing it // you don't even want to do this. The Help part at the PC is still fully japanese. I guess at least translating the C-Gear part could be helpful for many people.

foto0004a.jpg

Are you like... Mind reading? I'm busy translating Help PC right now :)

The inbattle texts for 'Volt Change' and 'U-Turn' are wrong. They say "[Pokemons name]'s [Trainers name] went back to normal!" (names twisted // wrong textl)

foto0005m.jpg

Oh so is "[Trainers name]'s [Pokemons name] switched out!" correct? Then ill change it now.

@xxdbxx15

Thanks for reporting.

I'm doing a Help PC translation. :)

If you want to see my progress, check these links:

http://github.com/Rykin122/Pokemon-Black-White-Translation-Files/blob/master/0000/0061.txt (options: 4 / 4)

http://github.com/Rykin122/Pokemon-Black-White-Translation-Files/blob/master/0000/0062.txt (options: 65 / 65 ; describtions: 005 / 124)

EDIT: No way that's gonna work!

On some topics we don't even have info lolled...?

It doesn't look like anyone else is having the problem but, everything is translated that is supposed to be translated except the pokemon names. Every text that involves a pokemon name such as pokedex, wild pokemon, trainer pokemon are in japanese. But, the pokemon's names in my party are in english strangely. I've been using v2 and just upgraded to v3. Used a clean rom, patched with child's play v4 and patched with translation v3. Using ezflash v firmware 2.0 RC17.

Any help is much appreciated. ^^

Nope. It's just images, not text.

So can they be edited in photoshop and reinjected using NExplr just like the title graphics right?

Or is some other program also needed?

Edit: I can try that then but ill need to download photoshop SDK. Or should we leave it at that?

Ill download it anyways.

Oh so is "[Trainers name]'s [Pokemons name] switched out!" correct? Then ill change it now.

@xxdbxx15

Thanks for reporting.

Afaik the correct verse should be "[Pokemon name] came back to [Trainer name]!"

What you said is the text that should appear when you switch regularly.

Mold Breaker's effect is still messed up in battle. :/

"オノノクス

he other hand the first time!"

Kojondo's dex descriptions breaks.

I also never got a response to this message.

Power Share's and Guard Share's description are messed up.

"[Pokemon Name] shared something power"

"[Pokemon Name] shared something guard"

I also never got a response to this.

When teaching a TM / HM to a pokemon, the message is too big for the text box, resulting in the image cutting off. It was like this in the previous beta (and sometimes it would crash the game but ti doesn't crash now).

This is the original message untranslated (as you can see, the message is spread out over three text boxes to avoid cutoffs and all that).

1.png

2.png

3.png

This is what the message appears like in-game.

NewImage1.png

NewImage2.png

Sorry if this sounds nooby, but can you please make it like the first set of screenshots (the untranslated ones) so there are no cutoffs? You is how the whole message is structured in HGSS.

"[Pokemon Name] wants to learn the

move [TM Move / HM Move]."

"However, [Pokemon Name] already

knows 4 moves."

"Should a move be deleted and

replaced with [TM / HM Move]?"

Of course I would do this myself and submit the changes here but I am not fully equipped to tackle these kind of things unless someone helps me a little. That, and I could possibly help out with other stuff you guys want an extra hand.

Also, this is what happens when I try and teach Dragon Claw to one of my pokemon.

DragonClaw.png

@Rykin

Before:

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000's \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 \xfffewent back to normal!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000's \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 \xfffewent back to normal!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000's \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 \xfffewent back to normal!

(For Volt change)

After:

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 went back to \xfffe\xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 this is correct yes?

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000's \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 \xfffewent back to normal! *******

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 went back to \xfffe\xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 this is correct yes?

*******for wild pkm, i have not encountered one that uses volt change. If anyone has what are its effects? Does it run away?

Edit:Guys its good that your reporting bugs, but please be patient i ll change it all one at a time

You can check here:16.txt

So can they be edited in photoshop and reinjected using NExplr just like the title graphics right?

Or is some other program also needed?

Edit: I can try that then but ill need to download photoshop SDK. Or should we leave it at that?

Ill download it anyways.

I believe you can use photoshop, however you most likely need to be careful what colors you use (try to use the same colors already used) and make sure you do not change any dimensions

for ex if it was normally this

save.png 256x256 (16bit color)

then

change.png 256x256 (using same colors already used)

Don't ask me where to find it in the game engine if you don't know, because I don't know anything of the such, haven't messed with Black/white images before.

The only Pokemon that learns Volt change via Level Up is Emonga at lvl42 and there are no wild emongas at that level i think.. But I'm pretty sure it does not end the battle as its mechanics are same with u-turn and wild u-turns haven't ended battles neither.

I have it!

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 went \xfffeback to \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000.

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000's \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001 \xfffewent back to normal!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0001 went \xfffeback to \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000.

Copy past that and were good :)