Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

error i have (sorry if this was repeated) is i tried to teach my daikenki ice beam but after it says replace with the text box just spams this "??????????????????????????????????" and then i have to reset cus its frozen

Itd id that to me when i tried to teach him dig as well.

error i have (sorry if this was repeated) is i tried to teach my daikenki ice beam but after it says replace with the text box just spams this "??????????????????????????????????" and then i have to reset cus its frozen

It's a text overflow problem. If you want to teach your Pokemon moves, revert back to patch V1. We're fixing this on the next patch.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3375779/Moves.xlsx

Excel Spreadsheet of currently tested moves. I'm still building it, and will edit it once I look over the move descriptions and go over more moves.

Kaarosu did the top, I'm working from the bottom up.

lol 99 PP

No comment on the fact I have a Mew?, lol

--------------------------------------------------------

We're fixing this on the next patch.

It's a null pointer problem, the text miss-aligns the text pointer and causes it to read garbage from the ROM into the text field instead of the correct attack name.

Also, it's been fixed sense last week and will be in v3.

Excel Spreadsheet of currently tested moves. I'm still building it, and will edit it once I look over the move descriptions and go over more moves.[/size]

Kaarosu did the top, I'm working from the bottom up.

Work, woot!

Alright guys I'm translating the battle text for the Elite Four. I've already beaten them so the only stuff I saw is from the rematches. Does anyone have videos or something from the 1st time you go through them?

@NSSVelocity this site might be useful to you. http://www.mauvecloud.net/charsets/kanagenerator.html

All my translations are from Platinum, but I have the website bookmark.

Ummm

I don't know if anyone has said this or not

But when u are watching a battle in the vs recorder if you press the skip button it will say

Skipping! xffePlease wait!

And then it freezes for about 2 minutes

It also does this if you skip backwards

Edited by Llamadude
Edit

Ok, we need some user input. 2 other moves are too long to display while in battle.

These are "Sword of Mystery" and "Lightning Strike", we need suitable names that are a bit shorter the 15 characters.

Velocity, just read your post and i already edited my game with Mystery blade and Lightning Edge

But if youre interested here are some other combinations:

1)Mystery blade/sword/sabre/?

2)Lightning edge/bolt/slash/blast/sabre/nova/stab/storm/spire/? or

Plasma edge/bolt/slash/blast/sabre/nova/stab/storm/spire/?

Edit: Lightning and Thunder are both different right?. Lightning - electricity and Thunder - sound. So i would suggest to stick with lightning.

what time today is the patch going to be released

p.s just a question not trying to be annoying

The patch has already been released

http://gbatemp.net/t256628-pokemon-black-and-white-english-patch?

Acroll down to the end of the first post :)

Also thank you kazo and kaarosu for listening to me in this topic!!!

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=41621.0

Just wanted to mention this is possibly the best forum i've ever visited. The comittment here is crazy, and the dedication to a game branded as a 'childs' game, which is in fact a deep and quite amazing RPG game is intense. I'm lovin' it.

Out of interest, are most people translating using google translate, and then editting text to make it more 'readable'? if so, i'd happily help if this is the case, but I don't speak any japanese and therefore can't offer any better service than that.

If it is so that people are using google translate and 'changing' things, could someone give me a quick overview on how things work, and i'll get right onto it. :)