Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im have now 50% completed translating 38 but no idea what this means:

The Shippuo しょうぶとちしきを たんきゅうできる はくぶつかんです lol

Ill update git with what i have k.

Edit: Its シッポウジムは 勝負と知識を 探求できる 博物館です in kanji:-)

i think the hiragana mentions baseball and kanji mentions restaurant/meal or something.

Doesn't matter, I'll try agin later.

Bye for now ruin.

yeah, I was just about to say that, they are completely different. One is about a musuem...is that a text in the Museum with a gym?

Edit. I got my self time, my gf is on the phone hahahha yes! lol

I'm getting a weird error when I try to teach Cheer Up to a pokemon with four moves in Black. When I get to "Should you replace a move with" etc etc, it trails off into a line of ????? and random symbols (it was different each time I tried it) that get cut off the screen and freezes the message box, but the game/sound is still running and you're forced to switch off the DS. This isn't happening with Cut, strangely. Sorry if this has been brought up already.

Using a R4, if that matters.

Edit: The Yes/No prompt appeared after a few minutes. Seems like it was waiting for all the gibberish that was cut off the screen to finish.

I'm getting a weird error when I try to teach Cheer Up to a pokemon with four moves in Black. When I get to "Should you replace a move with" etc etc, it trails off into a line of ????? and random symbols (it was different each time I tried it) that get cut off the screen and freezes the message box, but the game/sound is still running and you're forced to switch off the DS. This isn't happening with Cut, strangely. Sorry if this has been brought up already.

Using a R4, if that matters.

Edit: The Yes/No prompt appeared after a few minutes. Seems like it was waiting for all the gibberish that was cut off the screen to finish.

Fixed for v3.

Nintendo probably filters the names out, if thats the case it's not possible.

If I remember right 5 characters is the limit with character names. So if it has more than that it may block you too. I'd check to see if thats what is scanned and not the pokemon. Pokemon have smaller limit as well in Japan, so they could filter both.

/////////////////////////////Gone Tomorrow\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Hey guys, I will be gone tomorrow :(

If anyone can translate the save dialog when you attempt to save when already save file exists, I'd be appreicated. Also when you wipe out/defeated the Nurse speaks in japanese, or at least the first time you faint that I know of.

I can confirm that it must be pokemon with Japanese names, otherwise it will kick you off of wifi.( Pokemon must also only have a range of 3 - 6 levels between them)

I found a fix for the shop dialog error.

You know where it goes like "Welcome!" "Welcome!"?

Can be fixed by replacing "Welcome!/x

" by " " (nothing more or less then a space.)

You can find that tekst in the 2nd Pokémart file (they're after each other.)

What it does is it slows down the normal "Welcome" message by 0.001 Miliseconds for typing only the " ".

You can't tell the difference :)

when is v5 going to be released???????? jklol (<---counts as one sentence)

i didnt see this mentioned anywhere in the forums so idk if you guys caught it yet but i opened the pc in pokemon center and my game froze up

edit: no wait nevermind ignore this, i guess i mustve just hit the card and it kinda popped out lol my bad

Im have now 50% completed translating 38 but no idea what this means:

The Shippuo しょうぶとちしきを たんきゅうできる はくぶつかんです lol

Ill update git with what i have k.

Edit: Its シッポウジムは 勝負と知識を 探求できる 博物館です in kanji:-)

i think the hiragana mentions baseball and kanji mentions restaurant/meal or something.

Doesn't matter, I'll try agin later.

Bye for now ruin.

The Shippou Gym is a museum where you can explore battle and knowledge.

shyoubu = game/battle

chishiki = knowledge

tankyou = explore

hakubutsukan = museum

I found a fix for the shop dialog error.

You know where it goes like "Welcome!" "Welcome!"?

Can be fixed by replacing "Welcome!/x

" by " " (nothing more or less then a space.)

You can find that tekst in the 2nd Pokémart file (they're after each other.)

What it does is it slows down the normal "Welcome" message by 0.001 Miliseconds for typing only the " ".

You can't tell the difference :)

I wouldn't really call that an error (as the original pokemart message spreads out over two boxes like in the translation), just that the person that handled the PokeMart translation didn't know what the word meant so they just used the word "Welcome" twice to save some trouble (unless you're talking about something else)?

I have a question about V3. I remember that in the old beta when teaching a pokemon a new move, the dialog that appears would be spread out over two text boxes instead of three. As dumb as this is going to sound, but now that the whole TM issue has been fixed, is the dialog spread out over three text boxes or is it still confined to two?

I can post a screenshot to show you what I mean.

I wouldn't really call that an error, just that the person that handled the PokeMart translation didn't know what the word meant so they just used the word "Welcome" twice to save some trouble.

I have already tested this is real rom-like playing.

It gives no errors, buggs, typos or anything at all.

I confirmed that pokemon I caught before I patched my game with the english patch could be used in random battles(Japanese names), but when I pokesaved my own pokes and gave them Japanese games, they were blocked from wifi like the english named ones.

when using fly, the message is

"anger has begun to rise"

i do not remember the english phrase though but i am sure that the current one is wrong

Yeah you're correct, it's 'rage is building!' and it'll be fixed by V3 but I wrote whatever came to mind when I did that big update (and now stuff like this can be easily spotted and fixed) hoping to have 16 done and ready for V3 on Sunday. I'll work on it more tomorrow.

P.S.

If you got anything you want me to merge into the main git update your forks by 12-1AM EST I'll merge the forks when I get home.

I confirmed that pokemon I caught before I patched my game with the english patch could be used in random battles(Japanese names), but when I pokesaved my own pokes and gave them Japanese games, they were blocked from wifi like the english named ones.

So you're telling me that if a Japanese person got an English Pokemon from an English game trade and decided to transfer it from their Japanese game to their Japanese Black and White they couldn't use it on random wi-fi?

I was finally! able to connect to random battles with my r4 just Used a clean rom, why a clean rom? Because you cant! connect to online mode with pokemons that hav names on english .

Try it for yourself

But why how can fix it to play with pokemons with english names?

I tried doing a random match on a clean rom with fully Japanese named pokes and it still kicked me off >.<

So you're telling me that if a Japanese person got an English Pokemon from an English game trade and decided to transfer it from their Japanese game to their Japanese Black and White they couldn't use it on random wi-fi?

At the moment yes, but it might just be an error on the patches side, not the actual pokemon.