Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

Hi,

I am just wondering what is the difference between the "Exp Patched" and non-patched downloads? Does the "Exp Patched" apply the exp patch as well as the English, or is it for versions with the exp patch already applied?

I ask because I have 2 versions currently: a Japanese version with a few bits of english in the intro but no english in game (changing the text type under options does nothing), which allows xp gain.

Then a version with the English logo and English text in game...which has no xp gain.

I tried patching my Japanese version with "Exp Patched" download and it still doesn't appear in English. I tried to use the hex patch on the English version and I still can't gain xp.

I got a clean version so I don't have to deal with these prepatched issues anymore..

But xdelta does not seem to work (I now understand it is supposed to generate a new file).

- xdelta files are in the same folder with patch and game.

- I have NET Framework 3.5 and updated to NET Framework 4.0

- I used the xdelta linked at the start of the thread.

- I have Windows XP.

When I click "apply patch" it sort of sits there thinking for a bit, then just goes back to normal with no new file present.

I tried using this program: http://thejbnet.com/progs/xgui/ and it says it can't find the name of the new file it's supposed to be creating...which makes no sense, as obviously that file has not been created yet.

Any idea why xdelta would not work?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a clean version so I don't have to deal with these prepatched issues anymore..

But xdelta does not seem to work (I now understand it is supposed to generate a new file).

- xdelta files are in the same folder with patch and game.

- I have NET Framework 3.5 and updated to NET Framework 4.0

- I used the xdelta linked at the start of the thread.

- I have Windows XP.

When I click "apply patch" it sort of sits there thinking for a bit, then just goes back to normal with no new file present.

I tried using this program: http://thejbnet.com/progs/xgui/ and it says it can't find the name of the new file it's supposed to be creating...which makes no sense, as obviously that file has not been created yet.

Any idea why xdelta would not work?

I also have windows xp and experienced your same error, what I did was all moved the rom, the patch, xdelta, and xdelta gui all to the desktop, then when I patched the rom it was successful.

I also have windows xp and experienced your same error, what I did was all moved the rom, the patch, xdelta, and xdelta gui all to the desktop, then when I patched the rom it was successful.

Thank you. I found another way around this problem by using the CMD line.

For anyone in the future with this problem, here is how to use xdelta with the CMD line:

Windows XP (Vista/Windows 7 should work in the same way, but you may get to the cmd line in a different manner):

1) Go to Start>Run...

2) Type "cmd" (without quote marks) and hit OK

3) It will bring up a directory. You need to navigate to the directory containing the game, the patch, and the xdelta files.

- HOW TO NAVIGATE: typing DIR and hitting enter will bring up directories within the current one (they will be marked with <DIR>), and typing CD "directoryname" will change directories to the new directory

- HOW TO NAVIGATE - EXAMPLE:

Your starting directory is C:\Documents and Settings\User

Your game, patch and xdelta are in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games

You can type "DIR" to check that the My Documents directory appears-- alternately, if you're sure it's there just type "cd My Documents"

Your line is now C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents, so you want to type "cd My Games"

Your line is now C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games

4) When your cmd line shows the name of the directory where your game, patch and xdelta are located...enter the following:

xdelta patch "patchfilename" "cleangamefilename" "patchedgamefilename"

- The file names should include the extensions (.patch, .nds).

- "patchedgamefilename" is whatever you want your patched game to be called

- HOW TO PATCH - EXAMPLE:

Let's say you want to patch Pokemon Black with the new style logos. Your unpatched game has the name PBUNPATCHED.nds. Enter:

xdelta patch Black-NewStyle-English-ExpPatched.patch PBUNPATCHED.nds pokeblack.nds

This will generate a new file in the directory with the name pokeblack.nds, which is the game with the patch applied.

Hope this helps other noobs like me. :)

Some of the pokemon moves are still messed up; fly says you're rage is building (or something similar) instead of "flew up high" and there's a line break right after your pokemon's name that shouldn't be there.

There's other little issues like that too, but I noticed these in bed at like 1am, so I didn't make note. I'll let you know if I find them again.

Some of the pokemon moves are still messed up; fly says you're rage is building (or something similar) instead of "flew up high" and there's a line break right after your pokemon's name that shouldn't be there.

There's other little issues like that too, but I noticed these in bed at like 1am, so I didn't make note. I'll let you know if I find them again.

Yeah there are a lot of errors, I decided to start from scratch and when comparing what I have so far with what is in the git, the translations people did is correct they just seem to have put their translations in the wrong lines (usually off by 6 lines or so somehow)

well this is 0027 from 0001

X button

SELECT

B Button

Using drawing tools

To stop the image

Stop drawing

Change the pen size

Color dropper

Change the eraser

Close drawing tools

Stamp