Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done you guys, and girls!

I have a little request...

Is it possible to translated (everything) of the first, second and third town?

An further if possible, but the first town and second town would be awesome !

So every people, plates, ...

And would you translated the names of the bag to?

Well done you guys, and girls!

I have a little request...

Is it possible to translated (everything) of the first, second and third town?

An further if possible, but the first town and second town would be awesome !

So every people, plates, ...

And would you translated the names of the bag to?

The first town is mostly complete, and I'm working on everything up to 3rd town today. I'll probably do the first gym also if I get to it...

Wow, Soneek your great !

Let me know who it is going !

I think NSSVelocity and Rykin122 are the ones that did the 1st town, so give them credit too. All of the trainer tip and road signs will be finished today. The signs in the towns and cities will take longer.

I believe all of the Pokemon have been translated. and to how far it is. Hmm, consider myself and others are working on pure story lines and the other gameplay stuff is practically done and are going through bug fixes and stuff. It's doing rather well, but hard to say how long, never know when we could get to a part and get stuck.

after receiveing your pokedex upon walking outside you have a conversation with your mom. she starts a sentence by saying "hoa" shouldnt this be "Whoa"?

then also she says "ow wait guys" should be "oh wait guys"

also says "thats some pritty good mess" should be "pretty"

Hey, requesting some help please.

I've been trying to get Pokemon Black to work since beta v2 came out, with each version the results have been the same. This is what I do to the games:

1. Patch it with the translation+exp patch using Xdelta GUI

2. Patch it with Rudolph's patch

3. Decrypt to encrypt, encrypt to decrypt using eNDryptS to get the true game ID

4. Find the new game ID with R4CCE.

5. Edit the v6.30 infolib.dat and extinfo.dat files with the new game ID

On my DS, I'm using the R4i SDHC from r4sdhc.com . I've put on YSMenu and Wood R4. On YSMenu, if the infolib.dat and extinfo.dat haven't got the patched game ID, it gives me an errorcode=-4, but if I fix them it gives me an errorcode=-5. On Wood R4, the game works up until Professor Araragi's intro speech. Once her speech ends, it's supposed to show the season, and then show an animation with the professor walking into a house, just before your fight in your room. Instead, the game just freezes.

Any help would be appreciated, really want to play this, preferably on YSMenu

V3 I WANT YO SOOO BAD

Stop asking for v3, it will be out when it gets compiled.

-----------------------------------------------------

thnks for all the update hope everything is coming by smoothly

Seems to be coming smoothly, I'm figuring out the dialog scripting and bugs, others are translating. All is well for now ;)

Also I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, but is it possible to have an infolib.dat and extinfo.dat that can run both the clean and the patched games? (YSMenu obviously) If so, does anyone have those files (since I have no idea how to edit them...)? When I play the clean game using the crappy woodr4dldi, it doesn't have the fix for the C-Gear, and thus I can't do any wireless functions except the Transfer Machine and the PokeShifter. I was able to run the clean game on my YSMenu... that is until I found the post (somewhere in the first version of this thread) which tells how to make this work with YSMenu, in which the infolib and extinfo's entry for Black and White got replaced with the ID of the translated one.

I was wondering if anyone has infolib and extinfo that can run both the clean and the patched? Like, is making a new entry instead of replacing possible in those .dat's?

There are a few reasons why this is going faster than what GF is doing:

1) All you guys are doing is romanizing the Pokemon and Trainer names (which is perfectly alright) while GF needs to create official english names for Pokemon and think up western names for a few hundred trainers :P

2) They need to rework some of the features in the games to get them to pass Western QC standards (Americans are tight wads about games at times)

3) They need to change the artwork on some things (Which you guys are doing but i can guarantee GF is going to do it differently)

All things considered i believe everyone is doing a great job and if you were to be hired on as localization staff i can say that any game would be in good hands.

Went through Pokemon names again. Noticed a few that are different from site to site. I don't know which one we rely on the most:

LEPERASUDU (Reparudasu on Serebii and Veekun. Leopardas on Bulbapedia)

BURUNKERU (Burungeru on Serebii, Veekun. Burunkeru AND Burungel on Bulbapedia)

SHANDERAA (Shandera on Serebii, Veekun, and Bulbapeida) I changed this one in 070.txt

GORUUGO (Goruugu on Serebii, Veekun, and Bulbapedia) I changed this one too in 070.txt

SAZANDO (Sazandora on Serebii and Veekun. Sazandra on Bulbapedia)

MELOIA (Meloetta on Serebii and Bulbapedia. Meroetta on Veekun, )

So many discrepancies between names. Is it a vote?