Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

Then I suggest you not play a game in a language you don't understand. I beat Soul Silver and Pokemon Black with no issues whatsoever in full japanese (until there was a patch for translated attacks). The story is the least important thing as it's generally the same thing with every game, not only that, but common sense tells you to use trial and error. If you can't progress, back track, talk to every NPC, explore the area's you've been too. The game is far from unplayable, instead of complaining about a community project, use the time you just used to post that inconsiderate message and look at a guide.

I swear...patience is impossible to find nowadays.

I've had that happen to me when my game was gotten pre-patched. I patched a clean ROM myself and everything went fine. My guess is to try again and check your ROM's.

What does pokedex entries do for you? It is a waste of time to focus on that when you could be making the game completely playable without a walkthrough very easily by simply translating the lines that tell you '' you cant go here because you have to do this.'' Sometimes im on the road and theres no access to internet so your telling me to wander around like an idiot for an hour just because people are making a priority of pokedex entries that do nothing? Im not saying translate the whole story. I'm saying translate the lines that tell you why you cant proceed. theres no point in pokedex entries but there is a point to that. obviously you didnt read my original message very well even though i bolded it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also guys if possible could you sync your forks up to the main one? there are some typos/bugs that randomly come back because not everyone has the same files and I miss of them at times. thanks!

For some reason it keeps failing when I try to sync with the main story git :frown:

@lazy727

It's not that they're translating the story, all of the Pokedex entries are already translated. They just have to be formatted to be visible. Making the process virtually 1/2 completed. Whereas for what you're asking, which is already a subjective choosing of the places you can't pass, they'd have to find the specific location of that text in a very randomly organized text database. Then it has to be translated, then formatted. All this for a relatively linear game makes that not a priority, just as the script is not a priority. Not that they are required to listen to requests, but at least let the translators finish what they're already working on before asking them to start something completely new.

As for a guide, visit a walkthrough website such as Gamefaqs.com. All of their Walkthrough/FAQS can be downloaded as text files or HTML files for offline viewing. Find the FAQ you like best, then click "View Original File". Then proceed to choosing "Save Page As..." from the File menu. And you have an offline FAQ handy, they're mostly done now, so if you get further and can't follow it anymore, just download the updated version the next time you do have internet access.

The biggest reason the story isn't being translated first is that in a couple of months it will be released in english anyway. They're just translating the stuff that makes the game playable for those who are extremely impatient. These games are not that difficult that you can't figure things out on your own. Hell, I beat the game without the use of any of the patches and just the basic story line from pokebeach if I got a little too stuck. Pokemon games have always been particularly linear.

Also being told to just sift through the masses of text to find those specific lines by somebody with the name lazy isn't too enticing. Have you actually looked at the files that you expect them to translate for you? They're a mess to navigate and finding just a couple of lines in them is too much of a waste. I'm pretty sure people are just looking forward to having the menu's pokemon and attacks in english because that along makes the game beyond playable, unless you're lazy.

For all the wonderful things the internet has brought us over the years, it has destroyed any sense of patience, everyone feels they are entitled to anything if they bitch loud enough.

Well now that the ranting is done, I noticed that the pokedex entries in black still get cut off some times. If I get a chance I'll look through them tonight.

Hey Kaarosu, push this into the GIT quickly, this fixes the 4 moves glitch!

0158.txt - Line 33

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 wants to learn \xf000ć\x0001\x0001\xfffeHowever, \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 already knows 4 moves!\xf000븁\x0000\xfffeShould a move be deleted and be\xfffereplaced with \xf000ć\x0001\x0001?

If I didn't have the editor, this would have taken so long...

-----------------------------------

For all the wonderful things the internet has brought us over the years, it has destroyed any sense of patience, everyone feels they are entitled to anything if they bitch loud enough.

oh, the internet in one sentence. So fun to watch :)

The biggest reason the story isn't being translated first is that in a couple of months it will be released in english anyway. They're just translating the stuff that makes the game playable for those who are extremely impatient. These games are not that difficult that you can't figure things out on your own. Hell, I beat the game without the use of any of the patches and just the basic story line from pokebeach if I got a little too stuck. Pokemon games have always been particularly linear.

Also being told to just sift through the masses of text to find those specific lines by somebody with the name lazy isn't too enticing. Have you actually looked at the files that you expect them to translate for you? They're a mess to navigate and finding just a couple of lines in them is too much of a waste. I'm pretty sure people are just looking forward to having the menu's pokemon and attacks in english because that along makes the game beyond playable, unless you're lazy.

Well now that the ranting is done, I noticed that the pokedex entries in black still get cut off some times. If I get a chance I'll look through them tonight.

Well said.

Now that the pptxt is out, does anyone seem to have an idea of what's causing the battle subway crashes? Maybe I could take a look into it and try to solve the problem.

These are the only bugs remaining?:

- Toxic Orb Lockup

- Battle Subway Crash

- Little by Little

If anyone would like to send me a save file to try to fix it, it would help.

Just registered to post 1 bug. using thunderbolt tm causes the game to lock up. It gets to the screen asking if the pokemon should learn it, but the [yes/no] choice never comes up.

These are the only bugs remaining?:

- Toxic Orb Lockup

- Battle Subway Crash

- Little by Little

If anyone would like to send me a save file to try to fix it, it would help.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WHCHMCQQ

Password: Kebiinu

Played on my Akaio 1.7 firmware, Battle Subway crashes, haven't tested to see if I have any other bugs. Oh, and I can't get into the union room because I haven't patched with Rudolph yet, so ignore that. The game is Pokemon Black by the way.

Goodluck.

Hey guys, just a quick request. Any time you find a battle message error, such as the 'Protect' messages people were commenting on a little ways back, let me know. I'm focusing on 0016 to get all the battle messages, and it would help a lot if you guys could point out things too.

Also, if someone could tell me how to sync my fork with the main project, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. That's exactly it.

I can't find the text in neither the Story/Main.

English based on crap translating:

エラーがはっせいしました.
でんげんをきってください.
----------------------------------------
A error has occurred.
Please turn off the power.

EDIT:

Video of it:

Hello, first time poster here and I'm having a bit of a problem.

I'm unsure which version of the patch I was previously playing, but I found that the game froze during Evolution sequence. I downloaded and applied the patch to a clean slate, renamed and moved onto my Acekard, but now the icon for the game is a simple DS and the game fails to launch, giving me a white screen :(

I can't find the text in neither the Story/Main.

English based on crap translating:

エラーがはっせいしました.
でんげんをきってください.
----------------------------------------
A error has occurred.
Please turn off the power.

EDIT:

Video of it:

Yes that is exactly what happens.

FinalMasterM

Are you sure you used a clean rom? One with absolutely no patching done to it at all? Because what you're describing sounds like what happens to me when I go all blond and try to patch a pre-patched rom.

FinalMasterM

Are you sure you used a clean rom? One with absolutely no patching done to it at all? Because what you're describing sounds like what happens to me when I go all blond and try to patch a pre-patched rom.

I'll try again with another file. I might have goofed up and patched the one I labeled clean.

Hello, first time poster here and I'm having a bit of a problem.

I'm unsure which version of the patch I was previously playing, but I found that the game froze during Evolution sequence. I downloaded and applied the patch to a clean slate, renamed and moved onto my Acekard, but now the icon for the game is a simple DS and the game fails to launch, giving me a white screen :(

something has gone quite wrong :o

the patch should fix any errors with evolution and AP, Go to http://kazowar.pbworks.com/ to grab the newest patch and apply it to a clean rom. If this still doesn't work, please reply or pm me with details including the card type, and which game you are using.