Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

When purchasing at the pokemart, the money section is blank, and then when you buy something, Item appears where the amount of money you have is supposed to be.

This is with the exp patch for black + katakana names. patched after I patched the rom with rudolph's patch.

I was hoping that wasn't the case as I was merging stuff in *facepalm* it's cause they stopped using the Yen sign... if it's bad enough I may have to do a v2.1 or something tomorrow

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I liked what I saw in the Storyline so far. But, sadly, I shall wait for the next update, hoping there will be more added in. ^-^

Great work so far, though. Team PBWTP, go! xD

There will definitely be more. I'm getting more excited to work on this now! Lol

Just a few issues to report.

Some item's are still in Japanese (Serebii has them translated so this isn't a huge concern).

From what I've seen in the Pokedex, the descriptions get cut short after the third line. The Save Text still isn't translated (again not a big issue). The Toxic attack description gets cut off.

That's all I can report so far, I patched a clean rom to test if the Union Room will work without Rudolph's Patch. I'll also test the Battle Subway in a bit, hopefully the freezing issue's will have been fixed. Aside's from that, the patch is great, I love the TM descriptions. I haven't checked much else.

Great job, please don't rush it either, you're doing the community a favor.

Signed up just to show some gratitude towards this project. I have actually beaten Black already. (Well, the Elite 4) and I can thank the translation and you guys for making it not so confusing. I only got lost once in the story. But besides that it was pretty pleasant. Translated signs would have been useful. But that's just if I had to complain about something. I never knew how valuable they really were. The Cgear was a little confusing but I soon figured it out. But yeah I don't know if V2 has all of that translated or not but I'm not complaining. You guys put a lot of work into this and it shows. Thanks.

Two more things

1. When teaching a pokemon a new move via tm, some of the message where it says that the pokemon has 4 moves get cut off (the word moves is the only one cut off). Maybe shorten it by replacing "However" with "But" or something and add a question mark after "replaced"?

2. Also, when entering the union room, after the lady tells me to enjoy my time in the room, a random text box with a question mark appears for a second before she lets me pass and go down the elevator.

I like this translation though. It's nice knowing what moves I am using now.

So I've had no problems with PokeShifter,and before you ask my SoulSilver is Japanese. But after patching Black with V2, I can't for the life of me get PokeShifter to work. The DS that downloads the program that has my Japanese SoulSilver in it goes to the Black Nintendo screen as usual, but then it freezes and Black version exits Pokeshifter mode.

TL;DR: I think V2 may have messed up the PokeShifter.

I can't even play the game. Dx Well, I can...... but if I use Desmume I can save anytime, just not create a new game. It won't allow me to select "New Game" at the selection screen. If I use No$GBA, I can't save; however, I have the ability to play. :{ -- I don't know any other working Emulators, so... :P

So I've had no problems with PokeShifter,and before you ask my SoulSilver is Japanese. But after patching Black with V2, I can't for the life of me get PokeShifter to work. The DS that downloads the program that has my Japanese SoulSilver in it goes to the Black Nintendo screen as usual, but then it freezes and Black version exits Pokeshifter mode.

TL;DR: I think V2 may have messed up the PokeShifter.

That was one of those silent updates in v2 to see if Pokeshifter could be used with US games which is why you're getting that black screen/freeze, I'm thinking of up of a better way to distribute patches out to people and make it more streamlined but I'll fix the pokemart stuff tomorrow hopefully and make sure to get a version out that keeps the pokeshifter untouched

Now it seems I'm nitpicking, sorry >__>.

Hatched my fire moth, and the description was this:

"Born [Pokemon Name]

Put the Nickname?"

Looks like this was done in google translate...I also couldn't figure out how to post typo submissions on the site linked on the first post hence why I am posting here, I also feel more comfortable about my reports being on a forum.

Now it seems I'm nitpicking, sorry >__>.

Hatched my fire moth, and the description was this:

"Born [Pokemon Name]

Put the Nickname?"

Looks like this was done in google translate...I also couldn't figure out how to post typo submissions on the site linked on the first post hence why I am posting here, I also feel more comfortable about my reports being on a forum.

Thanks for the feedback, if you run into any more compile them into a list of sorts and PM them to me so that I remember and doesn't get lost in the pages. thanks.

found the issue, for example:

It has high intelligence and a cool \xfffedemeanor. When it’s bathed in sunlight, \xfffeits movements are sharpened.

from what i can tell this is the pokedex limit on entries, so anyone willing to help me, there isn't much to do, its from victini ~ genosect (the new ones) since the old ones seem to be in order

ok, from the official wording from microsoft word, its 35 letters with spacings

well after reading the guides i need to say that nor the V1 or V2 or Betas work via ysmenu on any clones of the R4, the only thing that runs this is wood r4

You sure about that? Did you even edit the extinfo and such to support the new IDs ?

Uh I have a problem. I started a new game to see what had been translated in the beginning, and all in is translated fine.

But when I get to where Araragi battles, the pokemon names and attacks aren't in English anymore.

So yeah, until that's fixed, I'm gonna use v1.

Actually, scratch that, NOTHING is in english D:

Please fix it :)