Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kazo, a friend of mine who is fluent on Japanese told me there's a typo in the japanese files, this one in particular (0000/0019.txt):

11) Save file is corrupt \xfffeさいせいを ちゅうだん します!

She translated the symbols and said they mean saiseiwo chiyuudan shimasu, which, according to her, means "anyone in the game named yuu"

What do you make of this guys?

its something like "The process has been interupted"

Here's a couple more quickies from 0053.txt

117 A Cassette that if held by Genesect makes Techno Buster become a Water-type.

118 A Cassette that if held by Genesect makes Techno Buster become an Electric-type.

119 A Cassette that if held by Genesect makes Techno Buster become a Fire-type.

120 A Cassette that if held by Genesect makes Techno Buster become an Ice-type.

Here's a couple more quickies from 0053.txt

117 A Cassette that if held by Genesect makes Techno Buster become a Water-type.

118 A Cassette that if held by Genesect makes Techno Buster become an Electric-type.

119 A Cassette that if held by Genesect makes Techno Buster become a Fire-type.

120 A Cassette that if held by Genesect makes Techno Buster become an Ice-type.

Added in my edit. Should be released once I finish the last 20 HM's. So many to translate :/

Keep up the good work! the game has been out 11 days and already has been translated so much...at this rate by mid/end of november we'll already have a full unoffical english version! just because i know people are going to say its a dumb idea and just wait for the us release. It's all a matter of opinion which is the better option. I think translating is not a bad idea, its a good way to get a community together and work together. I really dislike seeing people dis translation projects. It's creative and I personally think it's nice.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before.

but where can I find a safe version of that program you use to put the patch into the ROM?

or

Is there another method of doing it?

I'm using desmume btw. Thank you :)

(I'm a noob to this whole using ROM's thing)

xdeltagui. If i remember right its on the first post of this thread.

hi guys I have the beta white patch with me which I applied previously

when the new stylised with exp white patch released I deleted my old pokemonwhitepatched.nds and created a new one which also has the same name but when I load my sav files in desmume a black screen shows up

so I deleted all sav files and started fresh but when the part where the hero and his lady friend battle in start the words I see are in japanese only can some one help me with this

if a next patch is released and if it happens again do i have to delete the sav files and start all over again or can I make it work without getting the black screen

answer is appreciated:creep:

hi guys I have the beta white patch with me which I applied previously

when the new stylised with exp white patch released I deleted my old pokemonwhitepatched.nds and created a new one which also has the same name but when I load my sav files in desmume a black screen shows up

so I deleted all sav files and started fresh but when the part where the hero and his lady friend battle in start the words I see are in japanese only can some one help me with this

if a next patch is released and if it happens again do i have to delete the sav files and start all over again or can I make it work without getting the black screen

answer is appreciated:creep:

1. You don't have to start a new file if your save file and game file are the same. i.e. PokemonBlack.nds PokemonBlack.sav.nds

if one of them was pokemonblack.nds and PokemonBlack.sav.nds, it would not read it because they are not the same. It is case sensitive

2. On the options menu, it should have Normal and Kanji. Switch it to Normal for English to appear.

1. You don't have to start a new file if your save file and game file are the same. i.e. PokemonBlack.nds PokemonBlack.sav.nds

if one of them was pokemonblack.nds and PokemonBlack.sav.nds, it would not read it because they are not the same. It is case sensitive

2. On the options menu, it should have Normal and Kanji. Switch it to Normal for English to appear.

pokemonblack.sav.nds

do I have to add a .nds again after the .sav ?are u sure? will desmume take that format?

0000/0198.txt

1. \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

2. Cheren

3. Bel

4. Professor

5. Mom

6. \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

And on a interesting note, 0000/0255 is not in Japanese! It is in Korean!

I didn't recognise much of it, so I ran it through Google Translate, with Japanese - English, and it came out the same.

I notice a few Korean looking symbol, so I ran it through with that, and it has produced amazing results!

0000/0255 is the PokeDex list. It has the name of every Pokemon from 1 - 494.

0000/0198.txt

1. \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

2. Cheren

3. Bel

4. Professor

5. Mom

6. \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

And on a interesting note, 0000/0255 is not in Japanese! It is in Korean!

I didn't recognise much of it, so I ran it through Google Translate, with Japanese - English, and it came out the same.

I notice a few Korean looking symbol, so I ran it through with that, and it has produced amazing results!

0000/0255 is the PokeDex list. It has the name of every Pokemon from 1 - 494.

Thanks for 198 I'm about to push some stuff I did last night so I'll add this in.

P.S.

You'll find dex entries around those files from all the languages the games support (Foreign dex entries I believe)

P.P.S

Which I don't know if it's been confirmed or not yet, would mean that korean games will be able to interact with other regions and not be locked by themselves anymore.... In theory at least

Thanks for 198 I'm about to push some stuff I did last night so I'll add this in.

P.S.

You'll find dex entries around those files from all the languages the games support (Foreign dex entries I believe)

P.P.S

Which I don't know if it's been confirmed or not yet, would mean that korean games will be able to interact with other regions and not be locked by themselves anymore.... In theory at least

It's all good.

Region-Free Pokemon would be pretty sweet!