Union Room
\ Xf000ȁ \ x0001 \ x0000'm in
Wireless infiltration
In
No
Yes
No
Back
Would you like to record your\xfffeactivity up to this point?
Saved to \ xfffe Please wait a moment
Catching Gear C
In
No
High-link \ xfffe Connect ...
High-link \ xfffe Guest: \ xf000Ȁ \ x0001 \ x0000
High-link \ xfffe Mission

I get this one right finally?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, first off I'd like to say thanks for the awesome translation project!

With that said, do you think you can start updating the thread with a change log? I don't even know what version is up anymore, and it doesn't say what the difference between the two versions are (the two separated by the different menu styles).

Hey guy, first post here!

I applied the patch last night, and all is going well!

One thing I would like to point out though, is that "Chelon's" name is actually "Cheren",

and "Belle's" name is "Bel".

Cheren is Bulgarian for Black, and Bel is actually Bulgarian for White.

Other than that, great job guys, and I'm looking forward to the next release!

Sources:

Cheren

Bel

Hey guy, first post here!

I applied the patch last night, and all is going well!

One thing I would like to point out though, is that "Chelon's" name is actually "Cheren",

and "Belle's" name is "Bel".

Cheren is Bulgarian for Black, and Bel is actually Bulgarian for White.

Other than that, great job guys, and I'm looking forward to the next release!

Sources:

Cheren

Bel

Does it really matter what there names are?

Does it really matter what there names are?

Not really, I just thought the more accuracy to the translation the better :D

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I don't really understand the github thing, but I can post some of the PokeDex info here

if anyone wants it?

i think your right...im glad they are making such big improvements instead of little ones otherwise we'd be on v45 or something...so i like the way they are handling this....very mature group of people..it almost seems like you guys been doing this for years

well I wouldnt doubt that some of them have been doing this kind of stuff for a long while. From what I've seen so far Im quite impressed. I makes me wonder how it takes 6 - 8 months for gamefreak to translate to english when its what they are trained to do. Its sad that the people over the interwebs can translate it faster than they can. I mean it makes me very greatful that they are translating it but at the same time angry with gamefreak.

I doubt it actually takes them that long to translate it, chances are they have it translated already but they have a set release delay that they do before releasing it in NA. And if they don't have it translated yet, they will shortly then the rest of the time is bug testing then sending it to print so they are done at least a month and a half before release so they can get them shipped to the retailers.

i was just contemplating this like how does it take them 6-8 months to translate a game when they are getting paid like you know....it would make them work even harder and these guys are doing it free...just our gratitude and thier desire to learn and share what they know is keeping them going....i swear its only been like 2 weeks i think that they made the first beta and i never seen people work this fast......

well I wouldnt doubt that some of them have been doing this kind of stuff for a long while. From what I've seen so far Im quite impressed. I makes me wonder how it takes 6 - 8 months for gamefreak to translate to english when its what they are trained to do. Its sad that the people over the interwebs can translate it faster than they can. I mean it makes me very greatful that they are translating it but at the same time angry with gamefreak.

Yeah, but remember that this translation was crowdsourced but (look at the title slide) 30+ translators, and that the story isn't even close to being done. That, and we are QC'ing and fixing glitches as we go here, and Game Freak will need to release a complete, perfectly translated, and near spotless game. Game Freak's not Microsoft.