Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

This line:

グローバルターミナルへ\xfffeようこそ!\xf000븁\x0000

Directly translated is:

To a global terminal, \xfffe, welcome! \ xf000\x0000

Take out the line break and it is:

Welcome to a global terminal! \ xf000\x0000

So where would i put the line break back in? And is this 븁 important?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The intro text has already been translated, but it's so far off from the original Japanese that I figured I should redo it. Feel free to remove the references to "Pocket Monsters" but I think at least the character description should remain faithful to the original. Also, I couldn't find instructions for packing the text back into the game, so I can't check my line breaks. Hopefully they don't overlap.

I also translated the rest of the things in 0044, and the rest of the introduction which I can't find in the game file so I've attached it separately in case someone else knows where it is.

pokemonblack-introscript.txt

0044.txt

pokemonblack-introscript.txt

0044.txt

I'm using multiple translators for the harder stuff, but this one is pretty good.

http://www.ocn.ne.jp/translation/

The files in 0000 are the same as 0001, but 0001 has them in Kanji. If you're using a translator, translate the Kanji, and then edit the corresponding file in 0000. The Kanji is easier for translators to understand, but it still won't give everything word for word. It only gives the main points, so you;re gonna have to get creative when you edit the files.

bro ur totally r8 the kanji text translated makes very much sense.man thts a great discovery.anyways im goin to bed its 1.00am here

I have a question regarding future patches. Do I need to keep a copy of the unpatched, clean ROM and patch that, or is patching over the already patched ROM okay?

I would think that patching over the already patched ROM would work fine, because in essence, the patcher is overwriting the values stored within the game data, similar to PPRE.

That is better, only thing is it will move the code around so you have to do it bit by bit.

Sometimes I just copy and paste the code, and just replace the "\xfffe" with a space and put periods in place of the "\xf000븁\x0000." That kind of fixes it, but the messages still end up out of place.

I have a question regarding future patches. Do I need to keep a copy of the unpatched, clean ROM and patch that, or is patching over the already patched ROM okay?

I would think that patching over the already patched ROM would work fine, because in essence, the patcher is overwriting the values stored within the game data, similar to PPRE.

you need a clean rom for each patch