Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep your version up-to-date.

In the 3rd version, over 80 % of all ability's are translated.

In the 4th version, all natures and more ability's are translated :)

So to keep short: Coming soon... :P

Oops! I really need to get V3 now, I'm onto it :P

Why does it take Nintendo 8 months to do what you guys are pretty much doing?

it be really smart if nintendo just made a language selection so u can choose the language u want instead of making a japanese version then a english version 6 months later just make a option to change languages really it would be so much better

Why does it take Nintendo 8 months to do what you guys are pretty much doing?

Because Nintendo are slow and stubborn.

it be really smart if nintendo just made a language selection so u can choose the language u want instead of making a japanese version then a english version 6 months later just make a option to change languages really it would be so much better

Because Nintendo are...well, I dunno, why they can't just do that.

Anyway, good luck on the translation, but IMO once you know what the moves look like and you remember you own moves then it should be fairly easy, although most other lines of text inbetween battle may perk up curiosity as to what it says so, yeah. Keep going!

Because Nintendo are slow and stubborn.

Because Nintendo are...well, I dunno, why they can't just do that.

Anyway, good luck on the translation, but IMO once you know what the moves look like and you remember you own moves then it should be fairly easy, although most other lines of text inbetween battle may perk up curiosity as to what it says so, yeah. Keep going!

localization includes a lot more than just translating/patching a game!

this is the normal process

•Step 1: Familiarization (1-3 weeks) -- Play the game and understand context of written material.

•Step 2: Localization (1-8 weeks) -- Depends on amount of text and if voice acting is required.

•Step 3: Programming (4-6 weeks) -- All implemented by original developers.

•Step 4: Quality Assurance (5-8 weeks) -- Bugs are natural side effect of localization, along with "test issues."

•Step 5: Manufacturer Approval (3-8 weeks) -- "Internal testers go over the submitted master candidate."

•Step 6: Manufacturing (3-5 weeks) -- Print, box and ship

and beyond that, they have to run it through and check everything in the game against NOA and esrb standards and stuff. and it has to go through multiple departments for review, because once they release a game, they can't exactly just release a patch if they have any bugs in it. like the walk through walls bug in diamond and pearl, they also let it sit for a while to see if the initial release community can find any bugs that escaped people intially bug testing it. also, localization usually has things being changed to more american sounding things as well. and this has taken a tiny bit of time, but the surface has barely been scratched, as far as storyline goes.

thanks, also whats a good translator because google translate is not always correct.

I'm using multiple translators for the harder stuff, but this one is pretty good.

http://www.ocn.ne.jp/translation/

The files in 0000 are the same as 0001, but 0001 has them in Kanji. If you're using a translator, translate the Kanji, and then edit the corresponding file in 0000. The Kanji is easier for translators to understand, but it still won't give everything word for word. It only gives the main points, so you;re gonna have to get creative when you edit the files.

For a while, I was wondering why nothing was being translated to English, even though I applied the patch. The only thing that was being translated was the attack type of moves in battle, such as "Electric" and "Fire". Then I realized they were images stored in the game's memory, not text like the in-game battle messages.

And then I remember I turned on Kanji a long time ago.

Long story short: If you see the move type in battle being translated to English but nothing else, go to options and turn your language setting to Normal instead of Kanji.

I'm using multiple translators for the harder stuff, but this one is pretty good.

http://www.ocn.ne.jp/translation/

The files in 0000 are the same as 0001, but 0001 has them in Kanji. If you're using a translator, translate the Kanji, and then edit the corresponding file in 0000. The Kanji is easier for translators to understand, but it still won't give everything word for word. It only gives the main points, so you;re gonna have to get creative when you edit the files.

That is better, only thing is it will move the code around so you have to do it bit by bit.