Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

ChaoticKItten, that was 0024.txt right?

ここまでの かつやくを\xfffeポケモンレポートに かきこみますか?

is used in the saving game screen.

Would you like to save your game?\xfffePrevious data will be overwritten!

would fit the context of the menu. Based on previous games.

To fit with the previous games, yeah. Though it is pretty much more around the lines of "Would you like to record your activity up to this point?".

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ChaoticKItten, that was 0024.txt right?

ここまでの かつやくを\xfffeポケモンレポートに かきこみますか?

is used in the saving game screen.

Would you like to save your game?\xfffePrevious data will be overwritten!

would fit the context of the menu. Based on previous games.

Yeah... now that you picked up on it I'm sure you're right. Haha. I forgot to take into account the context.

ok now ive translated this from another website tell me if its better or not bcz i think it makes sense.the problem is it translated it in the form of a paragraph here it is

A high link Anchor live broadcasting A union room I am not similar Wireless (send, deliver) Available Unavailable Yes No I come back Do you bolt it in At the same time anther Pokemon report to here? Save it; please wait for a while A C gear catch Available Unavailable High link connect ... A high link guest: A high link mission

Context-wise "Available" and "Unavailable" would probably make more sense. I'll update my post.

Google translate fails on the non-translated parts.

0036.txt

でんどういり おめでとう!
おしまい
ゲームクリア おめでとう!
The game is being saved.\xfffeDo not turn off the power.
\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000\xfffesaved the game!
レポートが かけませんでした

I'll translate anything that show's up in game and I can figure it out. I just wanted the save menu done, as you see it often.

Google translate fails on the non-translated parts.

0036.txt

でんどういり おめでとう!
おしまい
ゲームクリア おめでとう!
レポートが かけませんでした

I'll translate anything that show's up in game and I can figure it out. I just wanted the save menu done, as you see it often.

above the game saving the text is

Congratulations on [dendouiri].

End

Congratulations on a clear game.

i dnt knw if its correct or not ive done it with this link

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/

でんどういり おめでとう!

おしまい

ゲームクリア おめでとう!

The game was saved.

This could be the end game text? Before the credits maybe? What with the "congratulations" etc.

And google translate is funny, you get some hilarious things out of it... I put something through it once, it was a bunch of obscenities I was saying to a girl I hate and it came up with something about getting pregnant in iowa. lol

What exactly is everyone working on now? If it's the story, then I'm guessing everything for the V1 's original goals are done lol

I'm really just doing random stuff because I'm bored...

0036.txt

Congratulations.

The End.

Game Cleared Congratulations.

The Report Could not be written.

*got my ex boyfriend to translate it, seeing as he's Japanese and all and I hate being defeated by things.

I'm really just doing random stuff because I'm bored...

0036.txt

Congratulations.

The End.

Game Cleared Congratulations.

The Report Could not be written.

*got my ex boyfriend to translate it, seeing as he's Japanese and all and I hate being defeated by things.

the correct translations would be

Congratulations on entering the Hall of Fame!
The End
Congratulations on clearing the game!
The game could not be saved.

the correct translations would be

Congratulations on entering the Hall of Fame!
The End
Congratulations on clearing the game!
The game could not be saved.

well, yeah... but I didn't tell him it was pokemon related... I just asking him to translate it. lol.

Hey! So I've been following the original thread for a while now and now the v2, but I've been meaning to say thank you everybody for translating! I support you! I would really like to help translate but I don't know any Japanese. :\ Also I can confirm that both the Black patch v3 and White patch v3 work great on a real R4 with Wood v1.13! :)

I have a job for you jxthemafia; play the game and make me a list of spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and typos. =D

Try and be as detailed as possible when describing where said typo/etc is.

sorry my bad i did the best i could i found a japanese website where u can translate it.i thought it might be better but thnk u for checking it though.man this s......oh what the heck

For new translators, when you translate things, try not to do it word for word. So long as your translation makes sense, and get across the same message, then it'll be okay. Oh, apart from the fact that you need the same amount of text so you can fill all the boxes (if that makes sense xD).

And yes, Google Translate is horrific since it can't tell the difference between things like one word which can have more than one meaning (it doesn't really understand how to take the rest of the sentance to get the context in whoch the word is being used in).

It's such a shame I don't know Japanese, I studied French, haha xD

For new translators, when you translate things, try not to do it word for word. So long as your translation makes sense, and get across the same message, then it'll be okay. Oh, apart from the fact that you need the same amount of text so you can fill all the boxes (if that makes sense xD).

And yes, Google Translate is horrific since it can't tell the difference between things like one word which can have more than one meaning (it doesn't really understand how to take the rest of the sentance to get the context in whoch the word is being used in).

It's such a shame I don't know Japanese, I studied French, haha xD

That's why I got my ex to help... but he's all pissy at me atm because I corrected him on something...

I have a job for you jxthemafia; play the game and make me a list of spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and typos. =D

Try and be as detailed as possible when describing where said typo/etc is.

either that jx, or apply the translator you've been using to 0016.txt and then correct ALL of its typos. trust me, if you can't make sense of that then you dont deserve to be on a pokemon forum xP

the difference between flinching, nightmares and love is still inaccurate too btw in v3.

That's why I got my ex to help... but he's all pissy at me atm because I corrected him on something...

Haha, aww shame xD It's like that saying, the student surpasses the teacher... in a way :P

I noticed that watch thing you get given at the beginning has a strange name that seems to be the English pronounciation of the japanese word. For new items, couldn't you just give them temporary names for a while to make them easy to remember?You could call the watch something like the Poketalker or something, haha xD