Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

Hey everyone, I registered just to let you know that I'm cheering you guys on, keep up the amazing job. I may not know anything on code or translating, but I'll lurk around here a bit, waiting for the patches to be released.

One question though: What does the v3 patch do exactly? Just change the title screen? Thanks in advance.

The title screen, items,hms / tms, battle text, and pokemon names .

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a SCDS2 and I'm having some trouble getting the cheats to work. I'm using r4cce to edit my usrcheat.dat, and I had the cheats working fine last night with the V2 patch. Ever since I've upgraded to the V3 one though, I haven't been able to get them to work. I changed the game IDs and everything, but when I turn it on and go to turn on the cheats, there are no cheats there. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

I'm using a SCDS2 and I'm having some trouble getting the cheats to work. I'm using r4cce to edit my usrcheat.dat, and I had the cheats working fine last night with the V2 patch. Ever since I've upgraded to the V3 one though, I haven't been able to get them to work. I changed the game IDs and everything, but when I turn it on and go to turn on the cheats, there are no cheats there. Any ideas as to what's wrong?
You need to re-ID your ROM dude.

I see. Well, just in case, the ID should be this one: IRAJ 6F795E87

I got it figured out. Thanks though. The last part of my ID is completely different from that one for some reason...

EDIT: For any other SCDS2 users who are having this problem, here's the IDs that are working for me:

Black V3 patch: IRBJ-A8DB28B9

White V3 patch: IRAJ-F5D662BF

Thanks so much for working on this guys! If you like, I can make you a Black/White english pokemon logo for the game, I have an old one I made here: http://www.vgboxart.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9879, but I can make a hi-res non-pixalated one for you. I would love to contribute to this, that's all ;) Just give me the file dimensions, the max filesize and I can do it for you :D

Oh, the example is the version without the Pokeballs, I can make you one with the Pokeballs since that is an important part of the logos. :)

Thanks so much for working on this guys! If you like, I can make you a Black/White english pokemon logo for the game, I have an old one I made here: http://www.vgboxart.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9879, but I can make a hi-res non-pixalated one for you. I would love to contribute to this, that's all ;) Just give me the file dimensions, the max filesize and I can do it for you :D

Oh, the example is the version without the Pokeballs, I can make you one with the Pokeballs since that is an important part of the logos. :)

Why does every one want to rip out logos imo, the ones already there are epic.

off: topic i manged to hex edit all my trade req pokes on my own, 1st try xD

You need the latest version of Wood R4 to play it.

Yes, some attacks are translated I believe.

That's actually pretty cool dude. :)

Thanks! :D Someone on iTunes actually stole the Pokemon Black logo for one of their iPhone app icons, and I'm trying to sort that out xD Sucks, but ya know... teaches me to watermark my stuff better xD But I really don't mind letting the people here use the logos, heck, I'd even make another one, since they put so much effort into doing this translation.

@Altma Dragon:

I know, I just wanted to squeeze something in there :P

In the original thread, Romruto1 posted these:

Hey guys, I hope you all remembered my logos on the HeartGold and SoulSilver Japanese to English games. I just made some, so I hope you can use these that I just brewed : ]

OH or instead, if you don't like the POCKET MONSTER behind the logos, I have an alternative too..

Here's a photoshop of what it could look like on title screen:

pocketmonsterblackphoto.pngpocketmonsterwhitephoto.png

photoshop w/o bg pokeball title screens:

pocketmonsterblackphoto.pngpocketmonsterwhitephoto.png

.PNG WHITE Logo (Transparent Background): / .PNG WHITE Logo w/o BG Pokeball (Transparent Background):

pkmnwhitelogo.pngpkmnwhitelogo2.png

.PNG BLACK Logo (Transparent Background): / .PNG BLACK Logo w/o BG Pokeball (Transparent Background):

pkmnblacklogo.pngpkmnblacklogo2.png

well, again let me know what picture format you want em, if you decide to want to use these. I hope yall like this, again I like to contribute some help :P