Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering when a person submits a txt file can they go like this

To the terminal global \ xfffe Welcome! \ Xf000 븁 \ x0000Wi-Fi connection \ xfffe GORI how are you?Please please wake and the

or does it have to go like this

1To the terminal global \ xfffe Welcome! \ Xf000 븁 \ x0000

2Wi-Fi connection \ xfffe GORI how are you?

3 Please please wake and the

oops clicked reply not reply with quote

I've been thinking... Well since I figured all nds Pokemon games have the same text "XXX has been poisoned" or whatever in battle.

so I was wondering if it wouldn't be smarter to compare other ROM that is out in both Japanese and English to see what lines are the same I mean like :

"\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 fainted!

The wild \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 fainted!

The foe's \xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 fainted!

\xf000Ă\x0001\x0000 \xffferegained health!"

with the Japanese ROM's and compare the locations and just copy paste the translated version of the same ROM's into the current version and just get a ready translation real quick?

Again it's just an idea I'm not sure if it can be done or correct I based this idea on my assumptions.

Hey everyone, I registered just to let you know that I'm cheering you guys on, keep up the amazing job. I may not know anything on code or translating, but I'll lurk around here a bit, waiting for the patches to be released.

One question though: What does the v3 patch do exactly? Just change the title screen? Thanks in advance.

I use the ak2i with AKAiO, I enjoy it a lot.

In a random tangent, does anyone know if there is an item that 'cures' the love/infatuation on a pokemon? I think that's where I messed up with 16.

In my experience, there is an item known as mental herb that cures infatuation. It is consumed after use however.

On a certain site that I shall not name they say they're having issues with V3 that freezes in battles and when you catch a pokemon? Are they just being whiny?

Also: Kaarosu - The mental herb cures infatuation.

Source: Serebii

V3 works fine, I have caught a couple of Pokemon and beat another gym. So there might just be something wrong on there end.