Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

I used the GTS, Transfer Machine and Pokeshifter with a flashcart. I haven't tried any though with the V2 patch.

That's crazy, because I tried many times myself and I kept getting error messages with V1 patch. Using Acekard 2i. Looked up why online, and I found said information.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the actual game cartridges can use the GTS, I think. I know for a fact you can't use the transfer machine unless its the actual game cart. The other DS doesn't recognize it as a Pokemon game because the flashcart isn't actually a game.

It depends on the card. It must have a download play option. I just ordered a new AceKard 2i, which has the option, so I'll report back when I get it.

Also, does anyone know how to fix the Union Room bug? I tried using Rudolphs patcher with a clean rom, but it still does it.

I'm using an Edge card (CycloDS Clone) by the way :3

That's crazy, because I tried many times myself and I kept getting error messages with V1 patch. Using Acekard 2i.

I use the Supercard DSONEi. Maybe it has something to do with the flashcart. Were you trying to transfer or shift from a Japanese D/P/Pt/HG/SS game?

Only the actual game cartridges can use the GTS, I think. I know for a fact you can't use the transfer machine unless its the actual game cart. The other DS doesn't recognize it as a Pokemon game because the flashcart isn't actually a game.

It depends on the card. It must have a download play option. I just ordered a new AceKard 2i, which has the option, so I'll report back when I get it.

Also, does anyone know how to fix the Union Room bug? I tried using Rudolphs patcher with a clean rom, but it still does it.

I'm using an Edge card (CycloDS Clone) by the way :3

I use the Supercard DSONEi. Maybe it has something to do with the flashcart. Were you trying to transfer or shift from a Japanese D/P/Pt/HG/SS game?

Nope. Trying to transfer from an English game. Don't have any Japanese games prior to this one. Nor a spare flashcart...

People complaining about GTS and Transfer Machine and PokéShifter, listen up.

A few things to say:

1. Some DS Wireless Communication options are using a chip for "IR" (infra red) which isn't on flashcards, that crashes the game.

2. Some DS Wi-Fi Options are in effect of a Nintendo-side problem, like the Global Link, they are fixing that now.

3. Some problems might be fixed using Rudolfs Universal Play patch. (link's at Page 1)

Stop arguing and stuff, I hope I've awsered some of your questions.

I'll repleat what I said:

A few things to say:

1. Some DS Wireless Communication options are using a chip for "IR" (infra red) which isn't on flashcards, that crashes the game.

2. Some DS Wi-Fi Options are in effect of a Nintendo-side problem, like the Global Link, they are fixing that now.

3. Some problems might be fixed using Rudolfs Universal Play patch. (link's at Page 1)

A few things to say:

Well shoot. So it is the flashcart. Out of luck. I've tried pokesaving the event Pokemon in, but so far, Celebi wont trigger the Zoroa event, despite being a fateful encounter.

Yep. Just found a lovely bug. While trying to teach Thief to my Warubiru, after it says ""but it cannot learn more than 4 moves," I get a long line of ???!?? gibberish and the game stops responding.

Should've saved before that. Now I have to level up my Bachuru to evolve again. OTZ

I just experienced the same while trying to teach Icebeam to my Shinboraa, luckily I had saved just before.

So, with the previous patch, the game worked. I got my clean rom back out and applied the new patch, and now it is not working.

(I got the black, english names, new logos, no exp [i believe I read that no exp allows use of the c-gear and I want to see what that does] and on r4 with Wood firmware)

Trying again with the exp patch, as that's what I was using before.

Yep, I'm also getting that glitch.

Tried to teach Strength to my Gamaeroge, it gave me the usual "But it can't learn more than 4 moves," then it gave me a line of ??????????? and hung the game.

Toxic Orb activation still hangs the game, too. A big downer, since I was looking forward to using my Breloom on wi-fi...

I'll repleat what I said:

A few things to say:

But the IR chip is on the DS so that shouldn't be a problem.

As above.

Wait, nevermind. I'm thinking of the PSP >.<

So, with the previous patch, the game worked. I got my clean rom back out and applied the new patch, and now it is not working.

(I got the black, english names, new logos, no exp [i believe I read that no exp allows use of the c-gear and I want to see what that does] and on r4 with Wood firmware)

Trying again with the exp patch, as that's what I was using before.

Tried with the exp patch too. Still not working. Wonder what I did wrong =/

Using the wrong rom will make things not work, of course. And make the user feel stupid 8D Let's try this spit again.

You are right, but this IR chip is the same as the one on HG / SS's cardridge.

That one isn't on the DS, neither on any flashcard.

Good thinking but that's not the trueth ;)

Don't worry about it anyways.

The DS CONSOLE has no infrared. I was thinking of the PSP xD